Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

AU vs UA

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: AU vs UA
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 12:37:39 PM »
Scarb called them out too.

Live at 9 with Kevin Scarbinsky: No excuse for Alabama football and hoops no-shows at Auburn

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/01/live_at_9_with_kevin_scarbinsk_75.html
Kevin Scarbinsky | kscarbinsky@al.com By  Kevin Scarbinsky | kscarbinsky@al.com   

At least the Alabama basketball team showed up in body Thursday night in Auburn.

The Alabama Student Government Association didn't have the decency to make the trip.

What the Crimson Tide basketball team lacked in spirit in its 74-55 rollover in the Auburn Arena, the school's SGA lacked in attendance. There's no excuse for either no-show.

Tradition holds that the annual presentation of the Iron Bowl football trophy takes place at the next basketball game between the schools played at the home of the school that won the football game.

The very idea is demeaning to basketball, but tradition is tradition.

Part of the tradition is for the SGA president from the school that lost the football game to show up at that basketball game to present the Foy-ODK Sportsmanship Trophy to the other side - and to sing the other side's fight song.

It's all good fun in the name of, as the trophy says, sportsmanship.

Alabama's SGA president spit in the face of that tradition Thursday night by declining to make the trip to Auburn or to send a representative in his place. Bad weather left over from Tuesday's surprise snowstorm was cited as the reason, which might've made sense if the Alabama basketball team itself hadn't bused to Auburn on Thursday.

If the team could make it, an SGA rep should've done the same.

That no-show didn't prevent the Auburn football team from accepting the trophy or the Auburn fans from singing the fight song. It didn't stop Auburn coach Gus Malzahn from engaging in a little gamesmanship when he said, "I'm here to tell you, this trophy, it's gonna be around here awhile."

I believe they call those fightin' words. No doubt they'll be coming soon to laminated posters all over the Alabama football complex.

Note to Alabama's student leaders: If you're going to sing Rammer Jammer when you beat Auburn, you have an obligation to show up at Auburn to sing a different tune when you lose to Auburn.

It's called class, and it's a word Alabama students should know well. It flashes on the scoreboard at Bryant-Denny Stadium before every game.

It's nice to see it. It's better to show it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2014, 12:45:22 PM »
You know, I've never had a problem with much of Scarbo's stuff.  He usually tells it like it is and one of the few that doesn't play favorites.  Don't always agree with him.  I thought he was way off base with ripping Chiz for the War Damn Eagle thing.  But all in all, I'm okay with his opinions.  Having said that...

I'm gonna' miss him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2014, 01:13:12 PM »
You know, I've never had a problem with much of Scarbo's stuff.  He usually tells it like it is and one of the few that doesn't play favorites.  Don't always agree with him.  I thought he was way off base with ripping Chiz for the War Damn Eagle thing.  But all in all, I'm okay with his opinions.  Having said that...

I'm gonna' miss him.

The Machine is not going to be happy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2014, 04:12:48 PM »

I'm gonna' miss him.

He and his editor should both be dick slapped for not knowing the past tense of "spit."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2014, 05:16:42 PM »
He and his editor should both be dick slapped for not knowing the past tense of "spit."

I shat myself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2014, 09:01:40 AM »

Hey, once it's in their mouth I don't care what they call it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."