Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Meet Recruiter Tre' Williams

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Meet Recruiter Tre' Williams
« on: January 22, 2014, 01:06:18 PM »
Rashaan Evans is never far from Tre’ Williams’ thoughts.

Williams, a five-star prospect considered either the nation’s No. 1 or No. 2 middle linebacker, was one of the first of the 2014 recruiting class to commit to Auburn after last spring.

Now he’s doing everything in his power to convince another five-star linebacker prospect — Evans, Auburn High’s multi-faceted defensive end — that Auburn University is where he needs to be.

“That’s an everyday thing,” Williams said Sunday following his official visit to campus. “That’s how much we want Rashaan. I’m trying to talk to him every day. But I’m trying to get away from the football standpoint, I’m just trying to get towards the brother-type thing.

“And we’ve created that bond through the Alabama-Mississippi (All-Star) game, the Under Armour game, so I think it’s coming along.”

Auburn is among Evans’ top-three “finalists” along with Alabama, which he visited last weekend, and UCLA, which is really making a strong push and is trying to secure Evan’s final unofficial visit before National Signing Day on Feb. 5.

He is visiting Auburn’s campus this coming weekend along with four-star linebacker Gerri Green of Weston Sr. High in Greenville, Miss., and four-star cornerback Treon Harris of top-rated Booker T Washington High in Miami, Fla.

Williams was one of 12 rock-solid Auburn commits to visit last weekend, the first of three consecutive recruiting weekends leading up to signing day. Williams, from Mobile, said he expects to make an unofficial visit to campus this weekend to meet up with Evans.

“I’ll be here. I’m trying not to let Rashaan know I’m going to be here, I’m trying to surprise him a little bit,” Williams said. “(I) just (want) to let him know I’m always here for him, so he’s comfortable and he can be comfortable around people like me.

“We’re just trying to make him feel comfortable and let him know this is home.”

Based on what Evans told reporters after receiving the Alabama 6A Lineman of the Year last week, he’s already abundantly aware of that.

“Auburn (is a) family base, Auburn’s my hometown. I grew up in Auburn my whole life,” Evans said.
Evans is the son of former Auburn running back Alan Evans, who played behind legendary tailback Bo Jackson in the early 1980s.

Playing for the hometown high school, Evans has been thoroughly impressed with what second-year Auburn University head coach Gus Malzahn accomplished in his first season with the program.
“With Gus Malzahn, he’s turned the whole program around. Big ups to him, the whole coaching staff, Rhett Lashlee, Rodney Garner, all those guys are great,” Evans said. “I feel like any player in the nation, if they went to that school they’d have every opportunity to get to the next level.”

:aubie: :aubie: :aubie:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Meet Recruiter Tre' Williams
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 01:30:11 PM »
I only hope that the urge to move away from home doesn't cost us Evans. He and Williams would make immediate positive difference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 01:40:17 PM »
I only hope that the urge to move away from home doesn't cost us Evans. He and Williams would make immediate positive difference.
BIG TIME!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 01:55:57 PM »

I think it's good Gus is giving the homos a chance to play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 03:34:24 PM »

I think it's good Gus is giving the homos a chance to play.

Not that there's anything wrong with that
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

noxin

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 03:36:12 PM »
“I’ll be here. I’m trying not to let Rashaan know I’m going to be here, I’m trying to surprise him a little bit,” Williams said.

Wait, Evans can't read?

Bama lock
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions