Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tim Brando is out at CBS...

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
Tim Brando is out at CBS...
« on: January 14, 2014, 09:56:34 AM »
No more Timmy B.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Morning-Buzz/2014/01/14/Brando.aspx

CBS and longtime sportscaster Tim Brando have parted ways in a move both sides are calling a mutual decision. Brando's radio show, which had been simulcast on CBS Sports Network since the fall of '11, was taken off the air earlier this month and replaced with a simulcast of WFAN-AM's "Boomer and Carton," which runs at the same time. Brando yesterday told his radio listeners that the show would not be returning to CBSSN.

Later in the day, Brando told THE DAILY that he also was leaving CBS Sports. The departure ends an 18-year relationship that has seen him call college basketball, college football and NFL games, in addition to hosting studio shows for the network.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Tim Brando is out at CBS...
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 10:05:31 AM »
I hope this is setting him up to go to the SEC network. :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 10:07:01 AM »
As pompous and one sided as he is, I still enjoyed his show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 10:08:34 AM »
I hope this is setting him up to go to the SEC network. :facepalm:

I heard DirecTV isn't getting SEC network. I checked and Cox isn't either. The only way to get it here is with UVerse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 10:26:33 AM »
No on Comcast too, although they at least say that they are in discussions with ESPN.  I think having TAMU as part of the SEC will swing things our way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 10:39:05 AM »
Brando sucks.  The most arrogant piece of crap on the airwaves. 

My next guest is Brent Musberger.  I first heard Brent's work when I was starting out as station manager at WHHT in New Orleans, doing the news and sports when I was noticed by NBC and quickly hired to take over their NBA telecasts, which I did well for 7 years with my co-host, Bill Walton, before the 4-letter network came calling to beg me to take over the entire network, which I did for 10 years before moving to CBS and taking all the on-air personalities under my wing to show them how a real sportscaster handles things while I did all the pre-game analysis and now do my own radio show...named after me.  Brent, we've got about 30 seconds left.  How are ya' buddy?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 10:53:50 AM »
Brando sucks.  The most arrogant piece of crap on the airwaves. 

My next guest is Brent Musberger.  I first heard Brent's work when I was starting out as station manager at WHHT in New Orleans, doing the news and sports when I was noticed by NBC and quickly hired to take over their NBA telecasts, which I did well for 7 years with my co-host, Bill Walton, before the 4-letter network came calling to beg me to take over the entire network, which I did for 10 years before moving to CBS and taking all the on-air personalities under my wing to show them how a real sportscaster handles things while I did all the pre-game analysis and now do my own radio show...named after me.  Brent, we've got about 30 seconds left.  How are ya' buddy?
Yeah, well there is only so much Rush Limbaugh and NPR a modern day cowboy like myself can take while riding around for hours a day out on the range. I am not a pro sports fan and even though I've never loved Brando himself, I liked his show because its more collegiate in nature.

So, put that in your crack pipe buddy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 11:06:59 AM »
Yeah, well there is only so much Rush Limbaugh and NPR a modern day cowboy like myself can take while riding around for hours a day out on the range. I am not a pro sports fan and even though I've never loved Brando himself, I liked his show because its more collegiate in nature.

So, put that in your crack pipe buddy.

Oh yeah?  Says you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 12:41:03 PM »
I heard DirecTV isn't getting SEC network. I checked and Cox isn't either. The only way to get it here is with UVerse.

I sincerely doubt the major providers won't pick up the SEC Network.  Unless the SECN has a big money handshake with UVerse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 01:07:37 PM »
I sincerely doubt the major providers won't pick up the SEC Network.  Unless the SECN has a big money handshake with UVerse.

They all have deals leveraged with ESPN and I cannot see them pising off ESPN by rejecting the SECN.  I am sure it's just a negotiating issue at this point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions