Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pretty Great Blog Post from a Bammer Lamenting Auburn's Dominance

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2013/12/8/5190904/bama-fans-who-love-auburn

Bama Fans Who Love Auburn

Editor- Before this thing goes viral like Fitty's other fan post last week, I'd like to remind everyone of this..FanPosts are just that; posts created by the fans. They are in no way indicative of the opinions of SBN and the authors of Roll Bama Roll."

Well I guess all you Auburn lovers are happy now because you got what you wanted. But, time will tell if what you’ve got is a good thing. Personally I do not think any Auburn win is good for Alabama in any way, shape or form. Here is why.

First- What Auburn does directly effects what Alabama can do. For example I’m sure all the Auburn lovers were thrilled when AU, in total luck, beat UGA. I’m sure they were saying..."Good the State of Alabama has two good teams fighting for the SEC." But do you Auburn lovers realize that if UGA had knocked down that pass, Alabama would have gone to ATL, likely beat Mizzou, and now be playing for the NC in spite of losing to AU. How is what AU did in winning that game good for Alabama? (By the way, we get no brownie points for almost winning.)

Second- They are not little brother anymore. In the 60's and 70's some Alabama people use to stupidly root for Auburn when they were not playing Bama because they were no threat to Alabama’s dominance. Those days are long gone. Consider our senior class...you know CJ, AJ, Norwood, etc. They will leave Alabama with 2 NC rings and 1 SEC ring. Not bad. But IF Auburn beats FSU their seniors will leave with 2 NC rings and 2 SEC rings. An argument could be made that their senior class has done more than our senior class. And in head to head, we are 2-2. When you Auburn lovers root for Auburn you are in effect lifting up a team which will over shadow your own team. Do you not see how utterly crazy it is for you to root for your in state rival to out do you?

By the way, since Coach Bryant’s death our record against AU is 14-17. That is right! In the post Bryant era we have actually been owned by Auburn. Even in the Saban era we are only 4-3 against AU and this is supposedly the second golden age of Alabama football.

(As a comparison we are 17-14-1 against LSU and 17-13-1 against UT since Bryant. Auburn is the only team that we regularly play that has bested us since Bryant. Why do we want anything good to happen to them? Do we want them to beat us each year? Well rooting for them helps their cause.)

Third- They (Gus and his offense) are not going away. I think it is time we stop saying Gus’s offense is a trick offense, a high school offense, or a gimmick offense that will fade once people figure it out. First of all there is no trick to this thing. They run the same plays over and over again. I think most DC’s have figured out what they are running. We just can’t stop it. In a lot of ways it is very much like the wishbone. The wishbone was not complicated, you knew it was coming, you just could not stop it. The wishbone went out of style when skill players and O-linemen, thinking it hurt their NFL chances, went to schools not running the wishbone. (Herschel wanted to get 30 carries a game.)

I don’t know if that is going to happen to the Malzan triple option. For one thing RB’s are going to love it because the feature back can get 30 carries. As far as qb’s, he is not trying to recruit pro style qb’s and turn them into running qb’s. He is going to recruit athletes and teach them to play qb in his system. There are a lot of guys available to fill this bill. Why Chris Black could transfer right now and start at qb for AU in 2015.

Furthermore, Gus has pretty much thrown his lot in with AU. I could foresee a long run for him at AU...probably long after Saban leaves. And, I foresee us having problems with them every year. The longer he is there the more they are going to perfect this offense. Holding them to 28 points may well look pretty good in few years. I know the hard core Gumps, the same ones who thought we would beat AU by 35 pts., see this as just a one year freak occurrence. I wish that were true...but the obvious progress they made from the beginning of the season of the end season tells me this Gus thing is not going away anytime soon.

I’m telling you all...Auburn is more dangerous now than they have been at anytime in my life. They have a simple system and a plan to put that system to work. They don’t even need 5 star O-linemen, 3 and 4 stars will work as long as they are willing to work and have the intelligence to learn the system. They do need a really fast back who will hit the hole straight ahead. Even go for a hole before it opens up. Drake would work in their system, but Yeldon would probably not work as well. And the beauty of their system is that they don't need to worry about defense. You scoring quick just means they get the ball back ready to wear you down even more. They gave up 42 pts.and never even worried about it.

This in consideration, why would anyone who likes Alabama want to cheer him on? Do you want to go say 5-5 against them the next 10 years? Well, it could happen. I wonder if you will still love AU when they are beating us even more than 50%? Right now it is not even about hating AU as much as it about slowing down their momentum even for next year.

Finally, there are several false beliefs helping to fuel this Auburn love. To begin with is this "SEC, SEC, SEC" junk. In case you haven’t noticed then name of our team is not The University of the Southeastern Conference. And, we get no extra money if an SEC team wins the NC. In fact I could argue that any SEC team winning the NC not named Alabama helps that team at the probable expense of Alabama when it comes to recruiting.

And by the way, what great favors have the SEC office really done for Alabama that we should love them? I still think 2010 was a rigged schedule. And when AU beat us most of our SEC "brethren" were pretty happy about it. Anyone thinking we have any real reason to be "SEC, SEC, SEC" about every SEC team has really bought into media hype.

Also, this "keep the crystal in state" is even more ridiculous. Do we get anything from AU winning the NC? Well we get more AU reruns, we get more AU shirts, more AU bumper stickers, etc. etc. And what good does it really do the state of Alabama as far as economics etc...I would argue very, very little. It is not like AU is going to take all this money they make on selling shirts and use it to help some homeless guy in Birmingham. The only people it really benefits, outside of the Malzahn family fortune, is a people in Lee County who will fill a few more hotel rooms next year and sell a little more Chick-Fil-A. And just in case you have forgotten our team is not "The State of Alabama." We are in the state, and we are a representative of the state by our name. As best I can tell Auburn represents the town of Auburn. And outside of the state of Alabama no one cares much that Auburn is in the state of Alabama. In fact if we really love the State of Alabama I think we should pull against Auburn. Their dirty play and team criminals is not a good reflection on the state. I’d even say they make the state look bad.

One last false belief I will mention is this notion that AU is somehow morally and spiritually superior to...well everyone. First of all, that play Sat. where the AU db purposefully ran Mizzou’s rb into that cart was as dirty a college play as I have seen since Nick Fairley went to trying to hurt Aaron Murray.

I’ll be honest, when some team goes to saying God is on their side, and that they are God’s favorites etc. it makes me want to puke. I will never root for a team making those kind of claims. I’d rather root for the pagans. And it is beyond me how someone, who is NOT a part of this Auburn family could ever root for these guys if they paid attention.

So yeah, I’m rooting for the Seminoles. And yeah I suspect Winston is guilty at least to some degree. And yeah I do think he got special treatment. And yet, considering all that I still find them preferable to rooting for AU. And those of you Auburn lovers rooting for them to win the NC just be careful what you are wanting to happen because if it does you may regret you got your wish.

And by the way. If you are going to root for AU go all in. Get you an AU shirt (I’ve already got an FSU fans who is letting me wear one of his shirts), put some AU magnets on your car and fly an AU flag in your yard.. Start dressing your kids in orange and blue and name your dog Bo and your cat Barkley. In fact, why not just go ahead and convert. I’m sure they will welcome you into the family
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Pretty Great Blog Post from a Bammer Lamenting Auburn's Dominance
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 10:52:41 AM »
The butt hurt is large with this one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 10:56:22 AM »
I didn't read most of that, but I doubt that I have to.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 11:02:46 AM »
I like how it starts out with facts about how we've owned their asses since the death of Bahr, and ends with "Dirty cheatin' criminal aubs". Clearly his own words of truth just boiled his rage over by the end there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 11:07:31 AM »
And by the way. If you are going to root for AU go all in. Get you an AU shirt (I’ve already got an FSU fans who is letting me wear one of his shirts), put some AU magnets on your car and fly an AU flag in your yard.. Start dressing your kids in orange and blue and name your dog Bo and your cat Barkley. In fact, why not just go ahead and convert. I’m sure they will welcome you into the family

Can't afford to buy his own shirt.  Pathetic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 11:20:46 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 11:26:33 AM »
He made some valid points but I'm not so sure about what us winning another MNC will do. I don't see it as fatal in any way to them. I actually think that the keeping it in state deal is a good recruiting tool for both schools. Would it be better if just one had 5 in a row? Sure, for that school.

After 2010, most of my good will went away. I had pulled for Bammer against UT, like it made a damn.

I don't have enough emotional investment to really get worked up much either way. I try to be a conference man. I really do. But mostly, all I do is win, win, win, no matter what. Got money on my mind, I can never get enough. And every time I step in the building, everybody hands go up. And they stay there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

JohnDeere

• Pledge
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 02:19:29 PM »
He forgot to mention Scam Newton and the "bag man".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 03:26:27 PM »
No worries, Kiffin got his.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/12/16/5216646/lane-kiffin-alabama-nick-saban

What's former USC head coach Lane Kiffin up to these days? Why, helping Nick Saban out with Alabama's offense ahead of the Sugar Bowl, of course!

REALLY!?!?!?!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 03:37:05 PM »
I didn't read most of that, but I doubt that I have to.

You should...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 04:53:35 PM »
No worries, Kiffin got his.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/12/16/5216646/lane-kiffin-alabama-nick-saban

REALLY!?!?!?!
:bugs: Because we all know that Kiffin is a offensive genius...So, what does uat's OC think about a Grade A douche bag, like Kiffin, "helping"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 11:07:00 PM »
I guess the uat OC wasn't too thrilled about Kiffin helping...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 11:40:56 PM »
I guess the uat OC wasn't too thrilled about Kiffin helping...

Never thought I would see those two words together.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 05:31:16 AM »

Never thought I would see those two words together.
It's Providence-WDE!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 09:50:43 AM »
There's a train on the tracks and another barreling straight at it.  Ima get some popcorn and enjoy watching this show...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.