Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Any Blackberry Addicts In Here???

Any Blackberry Addicts In Here???
« on: August 14, 2008, 11:33:30 PM »
I've got a Blackberry Curve, and am becoming addicted to it.   Anyone else have one of these little crack machines?  If so, whatcha got, and what are some of the cool programs you've put on it?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: Any Blackberry Addicts In Here???
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 12:22:41 AM »
I've got a Blackberry Curve, and am becoming addicted to it.   Anyone else have one of these little crack machines?  If so, whatcha got, and what are some of the cool programs you've put on it?

I just got my BlackBerry yesterday so I need the same advice your requesting. Chop did you know you can download Xm radio to the phone?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Tiger Six

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 02:28:27 AM »
Get rid of them now.  They will destroy your lives and make your friends hate you.  I got rid of mine when I changed jobs and went through withdrawals.  I am just now fully recovering, 18 months later.  They aren't nicknamed Crackberries for nothing. 

I can't give you advice ad what you need to add on since the technology has changed so much since then. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 02:48:21 AM »
Ihave to be up in 4 hours but I can't put it down!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 07:48:09 AM »

Get your show nuff crack on.

http://tigersx.net/forum/index.php?topic=1662.0
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 10:00:11 AM »
I prefer the Windows Mobile devices.  I retired my Treo a few months ago.  Now, I have a T-Mobile Wing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Jumbo

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 11:27:02 AM »
Wet say hello to blanket.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 12:34:42 PM »
Wet say hello to blanket.

I'm coming up to Landry's for lunch! Be there a little after 12!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 12:43:06 PM »
Sorry we closed at 11
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 02:56:37 PM »
Windows Mobile is good, running 6.1 on the HTC Dash, very comparable to the crackberry but fuckloads more fun.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 03:01:40 PM »
Dorks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 03:08:44 PM »
Dorks.

At least we're not gay! ....well, maybe not Jumbo....   :silence:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 04:12:39 PM »
Comparable?  I would argue that it's a bit better.  It's like a handheld notebook computer.  You get native MS apps, and you don't have to rely on 3rd party infrastructures and services, aside from your cellular net connection, for function.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Jumbo

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 04:17:48 PM »
Taylor the razor is still cool, hater.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 05:30:02 PM »
I had a Treo with Windows Mobile until I switched to the iPhone. There is no comparison imo.

Using a Windows Mobile or my girlfriends blackberry makes me feel like I went back to the 70's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008, 05:30:51 PM »
comparable as in phone size and speed.  damn.  Plus it has a lot of bad ass apps you can install on it.  Nothing like putting a remote control on your phone and changing tv stations at the bar when its a bama game and no one knows what the fuck is going on.  ROR
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"

Jumbo

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2008, 11:50:25 PM »
I had a Treo with Windows Mobile until I switched to the iPhone. There is no comparison imo.

Using a Windows Mobile or my girlfriends blackberry makes me feel like I went back to the 70's.
I love when my 2 day old phone is compared to the 70's, kick ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2008, 01:03:53 PM »

You should give one of those other e-mail enabled cell phones a try.  The iPhone is still a toy.  Cool features...  Flashy apps...  Weak battery...  Fragile case...  It's just what you would expect from Apple. 
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080812-one-month-of-the-iphone-3g-what-apple-needs-to-fix.html
I'll be holding out for another generation or two. 

The Treo really hasn't been updated in years, which is why I went from the Treo to the Wing.  So far, so good... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 10:42:28 PM »
More on the iPhone...

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080820-apple-hit-with-class-action-lawsuit-over-3g-iphone-flakiness.html

Apple hit with class-action lawsuit over iPhone 3G flakiness
By Jacqui Cheng | Published: August 20, 2008 - 03:32PM CT

We all knew it was coming, it was just a matter of time. A lawsuit has been filed against Apple over what the plaintiff is referring to as the "Defective iPhone 3G," which she hopes will become a class-action complaint. Alabama resident Jessica Alena Smith filed the complaint yesterday against the iPhone maker, alleging that the new iPhone's 3G performance and reliability has been subpar, despite the claims made by Apple's aggressive marketing campaign. Considering that a true fix has yet to be issued for users' 3G problems, this could just be the tip of the iPhone lawsuit iceberg.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2008, 11:06:23 PM »
More on the iPhone...

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080820-apple-hit-with-class-action-lawsuit-over-3g-iphone-flakiness.html

Yeah....that's toooooooo bad.

I like my Blackberry Curve.  No problems thus far (knock on wood)!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions