Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

New Years Day Feast

New Years Day Feast
« on: January 02, 2014, 11:28:20 AM »
Screw Thanksgiving and Turkey or Easter Ham, this is the south and the best holiday food is black eyed peas and greens on New Years.  Plus it brings you extra mojo and money in the new year.

My wife knocked the greens out of the park this year.  Collard greens, chicken broth, dash of apple cider vinegar, cayenne pepper, and a ham hock served alongside hoppin' john and rice.  Good lord that stuff will cure cancer and clean you out better that a bowl of colon blow.

Is anybody else having extra luck/money this year? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: New Years Day Feast
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 11:31:46 AM »
Hell yes I am!  I love the black eye peas and greens meal.  This year I threw in some fried potatoes and cornbread, and went to fat boy heaven!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 11:36:43 AM »
Didn't get to go green but did have a heapin' helpin' of the BEP's.  Waiting on the money/luck right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 08:21:01 PM »
Black eyed peas and turnip greens, both seasoned with hog jowels. Yellow meal cornbread cooked in a cast iron skillet, too.

One of my favorite meals of the year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 12:04:08 PM »
Black eyed peas and turnip greens, both seasoned with hog jowels. Yellow meal cornbread cooked in a cast iron skillet, too.

One of my favorite meals of the year.

I had the same cept my peas had salt pork in them, and added ham bits to the greens that were seasoned with jowl. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions