Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Best Potatoes Evah!!!

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Best Potatoes Evah!!!
« on: December 26, 2013, 04:04:44 PM »
Ran across this recipe the other day and have already cooked it twice.  You will love the Snags for it. 

4-5 pounds of New Potatoes (Slice em')
2 Cups Chicken Broth
2 Cups of Water
2 Cups of Heavy Cream
2 tsp. Corn Starch
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 Cups of Grated Parmesan Cheese

Bring the water and chicken broth to a boil and put in the potatoes for 5 minutes.  Reserve a cup of the broth/water and mix it in a bowl with the heavy cream, corn starch, salt, pepper and garlic powder.  Layer half the potatoes in a baking dish and pour the liquid over them.  Cover them with a cup of the parmesan cheese then layer the remaining potatoes over that.  Bake covered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

Turn the oven off, close the door and let it stand for 15 minutes.  Just before serving, sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and broil it until it turns golden brown.  Serve, chow down and wait for the compliments to start raining down.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: Best Potatoes Evah!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 04:47:02 PM »
That stuff above sounds great and I will try them. Here's a potato recipe that I have cooked about 20 times and abso-fucking-lutely love.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/goody-girl-championship-potatoes-recipe/index.html
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 04:52:21 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
Re: Best Potatoes Evah!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 09:11:49 AM »

Turn the oven off, close the door and let it stand for 15 minutes.  Just before serving, sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and broil it until it turns golden brown.  Serve, chow down and wait for the compliments to start raining down.  
I find the recipe works better if you close the oven door during the 45 minutes of bake time.  (If you were referring to the kitchen door, then nevermind - although some tend to leave the kitchen door open as they have trained their wife to stay in there).

Also, may need to clarify that last line for the likes of bottomfeeder
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions