Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

5 Reasons Auburn Beats FSU

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: 5 Reasons Auburn Beats FSU
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2013, 09:43:15 PM »
I only have one reason.

Auburn is better.
He's not the best color man in the business for nothing, folks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2013, 09:41:58 AM »
The FSU fans in the Panhandle have gone full tard.  The mouth-breathing host of our local sports talk show has declared a two-touchdown victory for the noles.  The yokels light up the phone lines to agree with him.

We shouldn't even bother showing up apparently.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2013, 09:44:10 AM »
The FSU fans in the Panhandle have gone full tard.  The mouth-breathing host of our local sports talk show has declared a two-touchdown victory for the noles.  The yokels light up the phone lines to agree with him.

We shouldn't even bother showing up apparently.

Ran into one Saturday night that was so full on tard that he swore FSU used to be in the SEC but then left in the 80's.  He also alluded to the fact that we should just save the plane fare.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2013, 11:26:39 AM »
From my few sources who are noles this attitude flows all the way to the players. Auburn falls somewhere between duke and Miami and will be romped on with ease. We have the worst defense they faced all year and a one dimensional offense. They would have beaten slow Alabama by two or three scores. Might score 100 on Auburn.  Rings are sized. Parties are planned. Much raping to come.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2013, 12:04:33 PM »

Ran into one Saturday night that was so full on tard that he swore FSU used to be in the SEC but then left in the 80's.  He also alluded to the fact that we should just save the plane fare.
I asked one this week if Winston's ankle break was very bad (in an attempt at humor, thinking the guy would get it) and he said he didn't think it was that bad. And even though the guy didn't get my bad joke, I could still tell from a further conversation that this guy didn't know diddly poo about FSU or college foosball.

All he knew was that FSU was playing in the BCS national championship. I don't think he knew who Jimbo Fisher was. I'm serious. As a matter of fact, it was eerily similar to having a conversation with many of you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2013, 12:13:27 PM »
I asked one this week if Winston's ankle break was very bad (in an attempt at humor, thinking the guy would get it) and he said he didn't think it was that bad. And even though the guy didn't get my bad joke, I could still tell from a further conversation that this guy didn't know diddly poo about FSU or college foosball.

All he knew was that FSU was playing in the BCS national championship. I don't think he knew who Jimbo Fisher was. I'm serious. As a matter of fact, it was eerily similar to having a conversation with many of you.

Who is Jimbo Fisher?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2013, 12:36:27 PM »
Much raping to come.

Jameis likes this post!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2013, 12:56:20 PM »
From my few sources who are noles this attitude flows all the way to the players. Auburn falls somewhere between duke and Miami and will be romped on with ease. We have the worst defense they faced all year and a one dimensional offense. They would have beaten slow Alabama by two or three scores. Might score 100 on Auburn.  Rings are sized. Parties are planned. Much raping to come.

I really hope they are thinking this way!  I haven't heard much coming out of Auburn, which is a good thing to me.  I really feel like this is shaping up like the Miami/bammer MNC game.  Miami came in thinking it was going to be a cake walk and then got their asses spanked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2013, 04:13:01 PM »
I really hope they are thinking this way!  I haven't heard much coming out of Auburn, which is a good thing to me.  I really feel like this is shaping up like the Miami/bammer MNC game.  Miami came in thinking it was going to be a cake walk and then got their asses spanked.
I don't think  Nole players are as stupid as their fans or as delusional as Miami fans/players were then.

In those days, Miami had won a lot of games--just like FSU has this year--but FSU players likely feel more like they have something to prove than Miami did.  FSU fans are delusional.

They are a good team and could  easily win if we don't play our best but I'm sensing the fans feel it'll be a cake walk. Hopefully, this rubs off on their team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2013, 04:23:40 PM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/77167/battle-tested-auburn-thrives-in-big-games
Battle-tested' Auburn thrives in big games
December, 30, 2013

By Greg Ostendorf

AUBURN, Ala. -- Since losing to LSU early in the season, Auburn has won nine straight games and knocked off three top-10 teams in the process. The Tigers were supposed to lose at No. 7 Texas A&M. Nobody gave them a chance against No. 1 Alabama. And some even picked against them when they played No. 5 Missouri in the SEC championship game.

All Auburn did was win each of those games and prove the critics wrong time and time again. Now the Tigers are preparing to face No. 1 Florida State in the VIZIO BCS National Championship Game and to nobody’s surprise, they are once again the underdogs.

“I don’t care who they talk about as the favorite especially when you have two weeks to prepare,” Auburn defensive end Dee Ford said. “Honestly, if you’re a top caliber team -- I think any top-five team could play with two weeks to prepare. Once the ball is rolled out, it’s time to play football. It really doesn’t matter about any rankings.

“I could care less about people not believing or saying, ‘This is the time they’re going to fall.’ We prepare for this.”

If anything, Auburn is more battle tested than Florida State heading into next Monday’s title game. The Seminoles have dominated their schedule, winning every game by at least 14 points and having an average margin of victory of 43 points. But they played four top 25 teams, two of which are no longer ranked.

Meanwhile, Auburn played six top 25 teams, four in the top 10, and nine of its 13 opponents are playing in a bowl game.

“I think if you look at our entire schedule, I would like to think we are battle tested,” coach Gus Malzahn said. “We’ve been in some true dogfight games. We’ve been in some games where the pressure was on -- on the road, at home -- and our guys have responded. In big games, I know they are not going to panic, so I’ve got to believe that will help us moving forward.”

It’s not just the caliber of opponents they have played this season. It’s how they’ve won. “Dogfight games” doesn’t even begin to describe some of their victories.

It took a game-winning drive in the final minutes to knock off both Mississippi State and Texas A&M. Against Georgia, Auburn connected on a 73-yard Hail Mary with less than a minute left to hold off the Bulldogs. And how can you forget the field-goal return by Chris Davis to take down Alabama in the Iron Bowl?

“There were times that things didn’t look good at all,” Malzahn said. “I’d always look on the sidelines and didn’t see anybody defeated, didn’t see anybody with their head down. They really believed, and they found a way to do it.”

“We know how to fight and we know how to battle and to push through and win a football game even when it’s tough,” fullback Jay Prosch said. “I think that’s a huge benefit. There’s always ups and downs in football games, and you have to know how to overcome that.”

It has been a miraculous run for this Auburn football team. The Tigers leave for California this week, and regardless of the point spread or what the outside world is saying, they will be confident and prepared when they take the field next week.

This is the type of game, the type of moment, Auburn lives for.

"It's just something that we embrace, embrace the moment of being in the spotlight and playing big teams,” quarterback Nick Marshall said. “We just know we have to keep doing what we're doing, and we'll be all right. We're going to find a way to win the game."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2013, 04:33:58 PM »
Good ol' Greg
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2013, 05:26:36 PM »
I don't think  Nole players are as stupid as their fans or as delusional as Miami fans/players were then.

In those days, Miami had won a lot of games--just like FSU has this year--but FSU players likely feel more like they have something to prove than Miami did.  FSU fans are delusional.

They are a good team and could  easily win if we don't play our best but I'm sensing the fans feel it'll be a cake walk. Hopefully, this rubs off on their team.

“I don’t see where they’re going to throw it at, tell you the truth. We take pride in shutting teams down with the passing game, and that’s something we just have a respect for. That’s what we do. I wouldn’t really want to go against us either, tell you the truth.” - FSU DB Terrence Brooks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2013, 05:27:39 PM »
Good ol' Greg

Alabama grad if I remember correctly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2013, 05:42:39 PM »

You obviously haven't read the last two weeks of player quotes from Tally. Wes is correct. The team and their fans have gone full on tard. It's like last year was 2000 and the last 12 years haven't happened. That's how they are acting. Screw them. I hope Carl and Dee plant the rapist into the turf hard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2013, 06:21:51 PM »
You obviously haven't read the last two weeks of player quotes from Tally. Wes is correct. The team and their fans have gone full on tard. It's like last year was 2000 and the last 12 years haven't happened. That's how they are acting. Screw them. I hope Carl and Dee plant the rapist into the turf hard.
I think we should take a more placatory approach toward our adversary. Throwing out verbiage like, "screw them" does little to propagate good will and harmony.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2013, 08:19:19 PM »
Well sure but will it get ya laid?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2013, 09:34:43 AM »
I think we should take a more placatory approach toward our adversary. Throwing out verbiage like, "screw them" does little to propagate good will and harmony.

Didn't say it to them.

Just venting. That's what it's called friend. Just an observation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2013, 09:39:19 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2013, 09:40:39 AM »
Yes. Believe it or not being battle tested MATTERS. What a concept.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2013, 09:56:34 AM »

But it doesn't matter because they rested their first string the second half of every game.  They are very fresh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions