Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why Country Music Is Awful in 2013

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Why Country Music Is Awful in 2013
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2013, 12:39:50 PM »
My cousin was a damn fine country singer, imo. They just don't write them like this anymore.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2013, 11:08:04 PM »
Country music going strong and playing over more listening devices EVER, but it sux?

I doubt I would enjoy much of the music on any if some of you guys' iPods.

I guess now we can discuss how iPods suck too!

It does not matter how many of you do not appreciate country music, you weren't really a fan before, so no loss not having you now.

But please rant on!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2013, 02:10:38 AM »
Country music going strong and playing over more listening devices EVER, but it sux?

What's Happenin' can now be seen on more devices than EVAR!!  That makes it an awesome show, one of the greats. 

Pffffffttttt.  Availability is no measure of quality.

Here's a fantastic article that encapsulates the entire range of argument here.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/22/the-decline-of-country-music/

The love of country music has become a signifier ever bit as much as hardcore rap. Love of country music says to the world that you are authentic, that you don’t like learned people, and that your attitude imbues you with a special kind of virtue. A couple of weeks ago, I was at a store in Ocean City, Maryland, when the clerk, a woman in her 30s, announced to me that she was going to a country music concert that night. “Who’s playing?” I asked. “Oh, I don’t care,” she said. “I’m going to hear my kind of music — I’m a country girl!” People often declare that they are “country” people, but it’s difficult to imagine someone saying, “I’m going to see a band tonight, and I don’t know who it is. But I’m going because I’m a rock-and-roller!” Rock and roll fans pledge allegiance to certain bands, which is easy because the music is so diverse. Country music has become one song — beers, guns, women in cut-off jeans, granddaddy’s advice, USA, and if you don’t like it, shove it, Yankee. The music valorizes ignorance, crude behavior, poor hygiene and illiteracy.

Defenders of country will pounce on that characterization, claiming that country is the music of “real Americans” and tells “real stories” about people living “real lives.” In fact, modern country music is the phoniest music in the world.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2013, 08:36:11 AM »
I liked the country greats but very little if any of the stuff out now.

I listen to most all genres but I don't feel any need to invest much beyond an artist's initial couple of albums that get them to the point of no return... after that I've all but heard enough to know if their material has run its course save for the way it's marketed and repackaged as something different.
It's all been done as Van Morrison states difinitively when interviewed. Today people flock to his concerts hoping to recoup some of their past and the drunken bastard grunts out sounds to a mixture of country, jazz, R&B and soul. And I'm fairly sure the fucker despises performing as much as the public that buys his music. Hard to argue his talent and longevity in the music business though.

I did like the western sound of The White Buffalo that was recently posted, Mumford and Sons too and I found myself amused with Big Bad Voodoo Doll's Christmas tunes. Mostly I just knock around looking for something a little different and have no real favorites.     
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 08:41:38 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2013, 08:59:33 AM »
What's Happenin' can now be seen on more devices than EVAR!!  That makes it an awesome show, one of the greats. 
it's always had re-runs
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2013, 09:48:46 AM »
I for one love country music, but the shit I hear on the radio now days is not country music.  It should be labeled Southern Pop.   It's nothing more than pop with some fiddle or steel guitar and instead of talking about going out in the clubs taking shots and doing things to a females body, you get some dude singing about having a bottle of shine up under the seat of his big black jacked up truck, rollin' on 35's. 

Some of the dumbest lyrics that I have ever heard in recent years have came from Southern Pop.  Real country music is hard to come by and not mainstream anymore. 

Decide which ones sounds more like Pop than Country:

Not that I hate on all Southern Pop, but it's pretty obvious to me that it's not "country" music. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2013, 09:50:41 AM »
Luke Bryan makes my wife moist.  I like Luke Bryan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2013, 10:10:35 AM »
Luke Bryan makes my wife moist.  I like Luke Bryan.

Mrs.AUT1 has told me that she thought him to be cute, but his songs suck.  This coming from the woman who loves her some Pop music.  She has been off that genre of music for a few years now and I think "If I could have a beer with Jesus" pushed her off the edge.  Refuses to turn it on the radio now days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2013, 10:20:49 AM »
I for one love country music, but the shit I hear on the radio now days is not country music.  It should be labeled Southern Pop.   It's nothing more than pop with some fiddle or steel guitar and instead of talking about going out in the clubs taking shots and doing things to a females body, you get some dude singing about having a bottle of shine up under the seat of his big black jacked up truck, rollin' on 35's. 

Some of the dumbest lyrics that I have ever heard in recent years have came from Southern Pop.  Real country music is hard to come by and not mainstream anymore. 

Decide which ones sounds more like Pop than Country:

Not that I hate on all Southern Pop, but it's pretty obvious to me that it's not "country" music.
This kid gets it. We can share an iPod. Except I do hate "Southern Pop".

Actually, when they go full tard and have like a guest rapper or something, completely devoid of fucks about making it resemble country at all, those are strangely tolerable to me. That Cruise song, on paper seems like it should annoy the ever loving fuck out of me. Strangely, I don't really hate it. Same with that Jason Aldean song featuring Ludacris. It's a long long way from Johnny Cash or The Foggy Mountain Boys or anything in between, but for some reason I tolerate it for the disposable mindless pop that it is. At least it's different and somewhat original.

The other shit that is today's cookie-cutter country-song-by-numbers that is 99.9% of the shit that gets played on any country station on the other hand? No use for it whatsoever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2013, 10:57:32 AM »
To be honest, I have never really like Country music at all, ever.............until I started getting older. I have always like Classic Rock and that sorts. Now, however, I have listened to some but only that is mostly as old as I am. The old stuff is good stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2013, 11:17:42 AM »
To be honest, I have never really like Country music at all, ever.............until I started getting older. I have always like Classic Rock and that sorts. Now, however, I have listened to some but only that is mostly as old as I am. The old stuff is good stuff.
You is right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2013, 11:22:48 AM »
Country is now the new "pop" music.  Not my first love in music but I'm fine with it now.  Probably because I hated what many of you describe as "real country music."  Johnny Cash, George Jones, Willie and Waylon and the Boys, Conway Twitty and the Twitty Birds, Haggard etc.  Couldn't stand any of it.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2013, 11:26:11 AM »
Country is now the new "pop" music.  Not my first love in music but I'm fine with it now.  Probably because I hated what many of you describe as "real country music."  Johnny Cash, George Jones, Willie and Waylon and the Boys, Conway Twitty and the Twitty Birds, Haggard etc.  Couldn't stand any of it.
All of the ones that you mentioned, among many others, hated your fucking guts too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2013, 11:35:30 AM »
All of the ones that you mentioned, among many others, hated your fucking guts too.

They stopped loving me today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2013, 11:56:10 AM »

Take your dirty, pinko commie, America hating ass to China where you belong!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 12:06:46 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2013, 12:13:17 PM »
Take your dirty, pinko commie, America hating ass to China where you belong!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2013, 12:17:16 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2013, 12:51:21 PM »
To be fair, he's from SOUTH Korea.
As long as he likes Waylon and Willie and Haggard and Jones, he's o.k. I think even Kim Jong-un likes George Jones so he's more American than some of you communist pinkos that don't like country or western.

Personally, I'm a Charley Pride man but I like country. It's right up there with R&B.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2013, 01:02:35 PM »
As long as he likes Waylon and Willie and Haggard and Jones, he's o.k. I think even Kim Jong-un likes George Jones so he's more American than some of you communist pinkos that don't like country or western.

Personally, I'm a Charley Pride man but I like country. It's right up there with R&B.

You know, Darius Rucker is making it pretty big in country right now too.  Have you heard any of his stuff?  Seen any of his videos?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2013, 01:10:46 PM »
You know, Darius Rucker is making it pretty big in country right now too.  Have you heard any of his stuff?  Seen any of his videos?
Absolutely. Big fan or the bro. He's got pipes--and not of the crack variety because I know where you were about to go with that you racist pinko commie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions