Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Greg Ostendorf

Greg Ostendorf
« on: December 18, 2013, 10:31:10 AM »
hurried cut and paste job from ESPN.com
AUBURN, Ala. -- When Gus Malzahn stood at the podium during his introductory press conference last December, he said his goal was to ‘play championship football like Auburn expects.’ It sounded great, but how realistic was that?

Across the state, Alabama was on the verge of winning its second national championship and third in the past four years. Auburn, on the other hand, was coming off a dreadful 3-9 season, the program’s worst finish in over 50 years. It didn’t look like the Tigers were going to be competing for championships any time soon.
Even if Tre Mason decides to enter the NFL draft, things are looking up for Gus Malzahn's Tigers.
But here they are, 12 months later, headed to Pasadena, Calif., to play Florida State in the VIZIO BCS National Championship Game.

“I don’t know if I’ve ever had a team come as far as we have,” Malzahn said.

Auburn isn’t just a year ahead of schedule. It’s two or three years ahead of schedule. Some people questioned whether Malzahn would ever get the Tigers to this point. After all, he was coaching high school football less than a decade ago, and his experience as a college head coach consisted of one year at Arkansas State.

However, he’s a proven winner. He’s won at every stop he’s made, and it was no different this season on the Plains.

It was a season that was kind to Auburn as far as injuries, and the ball bounced its way on certain occasions, but it was no fluke. The Tigers are in the national championship game for a reason, and the scary thing for the rest of the SEC is that they’re not going away. They could be even more dangerous in 2014.

The offense, which averaged 40 points per game and led the conference in rushing, has only one senior in the starting lineup -- H-back Jay Prosch. The rest of the unit is able to return next season, but a few key players still have decisions to make regarding their future and the NFL draft. Running back Tre Mason is one of those players.

“I’m not sure,” he said recently when asked about the NFL. “I’ve been talking to my family, talking to a couple of guys I know [who] are already there. I’ve been discussing those things with them, and they said, ‘Don’t worry about it, leave it in God’s hands. He’s going to make the right decision for you.’ I’m just going to let time wind down.”

Mason leads the SEC with 1,621 yards rushing and 22 touchdowns. On the heels of his 304-yard performance in the conference championship game, he was invited to New York City for last weekend’s Heisman Trophy presentation. If he opts to leave early for the NFL, it would be a devastating blow for Auburn but one the Tigers could still recover from.

They will have Cameron Artis-Payne and Corey Grant back for one more season, and it could also open the door for ESPN 300 running back Racean Thomas, who is currently committed to Auburn. The in-state prospect rushed for 2,211 yards and 32 touchdowns as a senior, despite missing several games due to injury.

The offense, though, is still run by the quarterback, and Auburn has one of the league’s best in Nick Marshall. The junior-college transfer arrived on campus over the summer, won the starting job and never looked back. He threw for 1,759 yards, rushed for 1,023 yards and scored 23 combined touchdowns. Imagine if he had gone through spring practice.

Next season, Marshall's numbers could be even more gaudy when he has a year of experience under his belt. It's not crazy to consider him an early candidate for the 2014 Heisman Trophy. It doesn't hurt that all five starters on the offensive line are eligible to return as well.

This week, Auburn began practice for next month’s BCS title game. It’s obviously a monumental game for the program, but win or lose, the Tigers have the players and the coaching staff to make a run at it again next year. And possibly the year after that. As long as Malzahn's in town, the AU program has what it takes to be playing championship football for a long time.

“While this season has been remarkable, I'm equally excited about the future of our program under his leadership,” athletic director Jay Jacobs said. “The future of Auburn football is very bright.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

noxin

Re: Greg Ostendorf
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 11:21:18 AM »
Welcome, Greg.

Jumbo would like to check your canines -- and he's not a dentist
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 09:02:42 PM »
Nice article and yes Greg, your dog needs to be served.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 09:24:23 PM »
Greg, what is the worst fraternity on this campus?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 09:06:17 AM »
.....Greg Ostendorf is the author of this article- not the name of the stunningly attractive person that goes by the moniker smooth_operator on this message board.
So, adjust your homosexual advances accordingly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 10:26:28 AM »
.....Greg Ostendorf is the author of this article- not the name of the stunningly attractive person that goes by the moniker smooth_operator on this message board.

You might just work out around here...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 11:10:21 AM »
You can't fool us Greg. Most of us went to school and you think you can come on here and pull a fast one. Admit it. Your name is Greg.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

noxin

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 11:27:55 AM »

You confused us with your thread title.  A quick forum search will show you that we like to create threads with our name as the title

that way the nudes are easier to find.

Is your dog shaved?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 11:32:17 AM »
Some say he's half man half fish, others say he's more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he's a fishy bastard.  He's Old Gregg.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 12:45:01 PM »
I mean, I do like the nickname old Gregg. Or maybe new Gregg. Or shaved dog mcgregg; just don't confuse me with ESPNs staff writer. I've done some dastardly deeds in my day but never have I ever written for ESPN.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 12:54:45 PM »
I mean, I do like the nickname old Gregg. Or maybe new Gregg. Or shaved dog mcgregg; just don't confuse me with ESPNs staff writer. I've done some dastardly deeds in my day but never have I ever written for ESPN.
Do you love me?  Why you playing your love games with me?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2013, 01:01:50 PM »
hurried cut and paste job from ESPN.com

“I don’t know if I’ve ever had a team come as far as we have,” Malzahn said.

“While this season has been remarkable, I'm equally excited about the future of our program under his leadership,” athletic director Jay Jacobs said. “The future of Auburn football is very bright.”

I remember in 2009-10 when he said he had never coached a player like Cam Newton. WDEB!

CGM is tickled to be coaching at Auburn and I'm tickled that he is coaching at Auburn.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 01:03:42 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2013, 01:37:34 PM »
Do you love me?  Why you playing your love games with me?

Love you? I'm obsessed with you. In fact, I'm watching you right now. I really liked that thing you just did with astroglide and the ball peen hammer. I don't know why the marmot was there but I'm open to it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2013, 01:50:43 PM »
Love you? I'm obsessed with you. In fact, I'm watching you right now. I really liked that thing you just did with astroglide and the ball peen hammer. I don't know why the marmot was there but I'm open to it.
Do you like Baileys?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2013, 01:56:20 PM »
Do you like Baileys?

Are you saying I can call you if I want some Irish cream?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2013, 01:57:17 PM »

That's some funny shit right there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2013, 04:31:22 PM »
Everytime I see the name Gregg Ostendorf, I read it as Greg Ostertag.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2013, 04:44:53 PM »
Everytime I see the name Gregg Ostendorf, I read it as Greg Ostertag.

Primarily due to my lack of meds, Osterdorf translates to Dorfman.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 04:48:24 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2013, 04:59:24 PM »
Are you saying I can call you if I want some Irish cream?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2013, 05:16:04 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions