Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Nick Saban Has Signed to Coach for the

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Nick Saban Has Signed to Coach for the
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2013, 12:07:03 PM »
With Saban signing his contract, that eliminates at least one excuse the bammers would have used in losing the IB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2013, 12:10:36 PM »
With Saban signing his contract, that eliminates at least one excuse the bammers would have used in losing the IB.

They have many more. The got 15 shirts have more than one meaning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2013, 12:13:37 PM »
New deal rumored to be 7-7.5 million per year. I'm sorry that is fucking ridiculous.
Especially since Texas can finish its bowl game, wait out the NCG and offer their new coach a buck more only with far more obligations.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 01:03:17 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2013, 07:17:42 AM »
New deal rumored to be 7-7.5 million per year. I'm sorry that is fucking ridiculous.
Perhaps, but Sumlin just got a contract for $5 million a year......and he hasn't done a damn thing.  They're going to regret that shit when Manziel leaves, too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2013, 10:20:40 AM »
Perhaps, but Sumlin just got a contract for $5 million a year......and he hasn't done a damn thing.  They're going to regret that shit when Manziel leaves, too.

The bama prez said Saban was the best investment in school history. If you look at their ad revenues since he arrived, that would be correct.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2013, 10:39:23 AM »
Saban is an ego maniac.  He could never live with himself knowing that people would suggest that Malzhan ran him out of Alabama.  And I personally believe he never intended to sign with Texas, and only allowed it to go this long to keep his name and his University in the headlines after a crushing defeat by it's rival. 

Auburn and Florida State are playing in the national championship in a month, but in the last week before the dead period in recruiting, what was on ESPN all day, every day?  A bunch of people arguing about how great of a coach he is and how much money Texas was willing to spend for his greatness.  And for a solid hour on ESPN, there is a breaking news banner running once every minute about Nick Saban.

I don't buy this for a second.

I think Saban's "decision" had more to do with Mack hanging on than it had to do with Saban choosing to stay at Alabama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2013, 12:53:40 PM »
I don't buy this for a second.

I think Saban's "decision" had more to do with Mack hanging on than it had to do with Saban choosing to stay at Alabama.

Well he doesn't have a buyout in his contract, so nothing stops him from going now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2013, 01:35:03 PM »
Well he doesn't have a buyout in his contract, so nothing stops him from going now.

Exactly.  I don't think Saban would have addressed the rumors and speculation directly if was considering going to Texas.  He would have signed the new contract and then made a generic statement about being proud to continue being the head coach at Alabama. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2013, 01:46:06 PM »
Exactly.  I don't think Saban would have addressed the rumors and speculation directly if was considering going to Texas.  He would have signed the new contract and then made a generic statement about being proud to continue being the head coach at Alabama.
If someone throws enough money out, it is likely that most of us could be convinced to become UT fans. Give me 9 mil a year and you bitches will never hear from me again. Hook 'em Horns!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2013, 12:44:48 AM »
Alabama: Where hanging in against Auburn (and losing) is worth $2 million. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.