Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

We got banned from the...

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
We got banned from the...
« on: December 11, 2013, 01:10:42 PM »
Woolworths WalMart.  not sure if it was all of them or just that one.

http://money.msn.com/saving-money-tips/post--wal-mart-bans-man-for-life-for-matching-ads?gt1=33029&ocid=ansmony11

A disabled former professional wrestler was banned for life from Wal-Mart for ad matching, one of the retailer's proudest traditions.

Joe Cantrell made a hobby out of browsing local stores and going to Wal-Mart to get the cheapest prices for its products through ad matching, according to television station WXYZ. However, last week, Cantrell took a trip to Wal-Mart's San Tan Valley, Ariz., location, where an employee stopped him and told him he wasn’t allowed to ad match. Cantrell got upset and complained to management. Upon his return trip four days later, he was placed in handcuffs by local law enforcement.

"When I left, he turned around and called the Pinal County Sheriff's Office and said he felt intimidated and threatened," Cantrell told WXYZ. "I was upset, but never once did I say anything to the gentleman."

The former wrestler says he was "handcuffed, humiliated and embarrassed in front of everybody at Wal-Mart," but the deputies quickly released him.

The customer was released by the cops, who realized Cantrell was not a threat. Nevertheless, he says he's facing charges of threatening, intimidation and disorderly conduct.

On top of all that, he will no longer be able to pursue his hobby -- Cantrell has been slapped with a lifetime ban from Wal-Mart.

The ban is baffling when you consider what the retailer says about ad matching on its official website: "We're committed to providing low prices every day. On everything. So if you find a lower advertised price on an identical product, tell us and we’ll match it. Right at the register."

Wal-Mart sent ABC15 the following statement Tuesday:

"We make every effort to make sure our customers have a good experience in our stores. As in previous situations, we attempted to work with this customer. However, in this situation, the associate felt unsafe and so we contacted local law enforcement. We are continuing to cooperate with law enforcement on their investigation."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: We got banned from the...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 01:18:44 PM »
There won't be sound but there is definitely a video of the encounter.  Every inch of every Wall Marks is under surveillance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 02:46:51 PM »
There won't be sound but there is definitely a video of the encounter.  Every inch of every Wall Marks is under surveillance.

Including the ladies room?  Cause you could use that to torture inmates at Gitmo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 03:07:40 PM »
Fuck Walmarks and all who shop there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 08:19:15 PM »
Including the ladies room?  Cause you could use that to torture inmates at Gitmo.
:puke:

It'd be enough to make them eat a McRib sammich.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 08:26:17 PM »
I had never thought about them being able to see what I do to the big womens lingerie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com