Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A Bammer in Costco

A Bammer in Costco
« on: December 08, 2013, 05:29:35 PM »
I've heard that whenever Auburn beats Alabama or if Auburn has a better season than Alabama that Alabama fans will act like it never happened.  Like suddenly football doesn't matter anymore.  But I never really believed it was that bad.  I honestly thought most Auburn fans were exaggerating or just making it up.

Until I went to Costco today. 

This white haired bloke comes up to me in an aisle, and he's wearing a black jacket with an Alabama script A on the chest.  He's also wearing a crimson colored colored shirt underneath.  He steps in front of me with his hands in his pocket.

He says while nodding to my Auburn hoodie, "Did Auburn win last night?"

I say, "Yeah." 

He says, "Oh ok.  I haven't gotten the chance to watch much football this year."

He was dead fucking serious.  Like maybe if he let me know that he didn't watch football, it would make me think that no one did.  Like if Alabama fans didn't think football was that important, that it would tarnish my joy of Auburn's season. 

Like an Alabama fan in the state of Alabama who wears an Alabama jacket and an Alabama shirt on a Sunday afternoon in December wouldn't know who won the SEC championship game. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: A Bammer in Costco
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 06:22:00 PM »
My wife is in school here in the B'ham area and has heard this many times but only since the IB. Its funny to me. These folks really think people believe them. Why all the sudden when bama is on their way to a 3rd NC would their fanbase all the sudden quit watching? Thats right, they wouldn't. Too much bammer in them to do that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 08:17:04 PM »
next time, tell those inbreds that bama won in the last second and that they are going to pasadena.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 09:04:51 PM »
When I first saw the thread title, I thought you were going to be ragging on a guy who was cleaning the floors in Costco.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 10:10:37 PM »
Next time a bammer says something about how they hope Auburn keeps the National Championship in the SEC (knowing that they're being facetious) just reply with...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 10:56:35 PM »
The female dick in Dicks.

Me: "I got an email telling me Auburn SEC Championship merchandise was here today, but I don't see any. Did you sell out already?"

Dick's skank: "What we have is right there."

Me: "No, that's from the Alabama game, I want the SEC Championship Locker-Room stuff like the email said."

Dick's skank: "Don't have any."

Me: "Do you know when you'll get it?"

Dick's skank: "No idea. We got those shirts in a day or two ago and you see how many are left, so I really don't know."

Me: "So you got 'Beat Bama' gear in four or five days after the game, when Auburn people were heading to Atlanta for the SEC-CG and you're confused why they didn't sell out?  Other stores had the stuff Sunday morning. I know you had it on the floor for Bama the day after the SEC-CG last year because I was here."

Dick's skank: "Maybe you should try those other stores then."

Letter going to Dick's tomorrow.  Boycotted them for over a year due to their painted up windows for Bama when we got nothing of the sort.  Boycott back on. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 08:08:29 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 08:14:16 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.