Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Here come the flips...

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Here come the flips...
« on: November 20, 2013, 12:31:13 PM »
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24250338/iron-bowl-flip-forthcoming

November 20, 2013 10:07 am ET

Auburn's 10-1 record and title-contending turnaround is paying dividends on the recruiting trail and the Tigers appear poised to swipe a local star from in-state rival Alabama.

Cornerback Stephen Roberts of nearby Opelika High has been committed to the Crimson Tide since April 23, but has made eight unofficial visits to Auburn since Aug. 1 and the 247Sports Crystal Ball is calling for a flip to the Tigers at a climbing rate, including my prediction that was added today.

Proximity (Opelika is 10 minutes from Auburn), relationships at Auburn, the opportunity for early playing time, plus the turnaround season the Tigers are having under first-year head coach Gus Malzahn all are factors in the potential flip, according to sources familiar with his recruitment.

Roberts is a taller, talented cornerback prospect who will play in this year's Under Armour All-America Game. The 6-foot, 177-pounder is ranked as the No. 17 cornerback prospect nationally in the 2014 cycle according to 247Sports Composite rankings.

This would be the second prospect to flip from the Crimson Tide this week and opt for a program closer to home. Four-star offensive guard Viane Talamaivao (Corona, Calif./Centennial) flipped to USC on Monday.

Auburn currently has the No. 13 recruiting class for the 2014 cycle. Flipping Roberts would likely move the Tigers into the top 10. Alabama has the top-ranked class and losing Roberts likely will not lower the Crimson Tide's point total enough to drop from that spot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Here come the flips...
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 12:41:17 PM »
Hammer's comin' PAAAAAAAWWWWL

:hammer:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 12:52:15 PM »
Whatever.  This guy was right on schedule to be processed before Fall camp.  This is Lord Saybinz leftovers.  They didn't want him anyway.  Got a commitment from someone right in their own backyard just to frick those Aubies.  Good luck with this loser, Aubren
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 02:28:03 PM »
Made some changes to my list...

Replaced:
CB Josh Keys with Stephen Roberts

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 02:32:17 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 02:52:04 PM »
I have made some changes to my list. Mostly, the following
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/11/opelika_cornerback_stephen_rob_1.html#incart_flyout_sports
By  Matt Scalici | mscalici@al.com   
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on November 20, 2013 at 11:29 AM, updated November 20, 2013 at 11:57 AM
The Iron Bowl rivalry is heating up on the recruiting trail this week. Opelika four-star cornerback Stephen Roberts has flipped his commitment from Alabama to Auburn, according to Opelika head coach Brian Blackmon.

"Stephen has changed his commitment from Alabama to Auburn," Blackmon said. "He decided this morning."

Roberts, a 6-foot, 177-pound prospect had been committed to Alabama since April 24 but has visited Auburn frequently this season. Roberts' Opelika teammate, tight end/linebacker Jakell Mitchell, is also committed to Auburn. Blackmon said Roberts first began discussing flipping his commitment when he arrived at school on Monday.

"First I got wind of it was Monday. He and I talked about it and I asked him where this was coming from and if he was sure this was the decision he wanted to make. He said he thought he had a chance to play early, it was close to home, and he had built a relationship with Coach Harbison and some of the other Auburn coaches.

"I asked him why he chose Alabama in the first place and his answer was at that time that's how he felt. They have a great program that consistently wins championships. At that time, Auburn was an unknown. He didn't know their coaching staff and how good they were going to be. They had to prove themselves a little bit."

"We made sure he handle it the right way. He contacted Alabama, talked with his parents, prayed about it and made sure this was a final decision. This is hopefully going to be the end of this thing."

Blackmon said he typically discourages his players from decommitting or flipping commitments between schools but said the decision was ultimately Roberts' and that he understands the complexities of major college recruiting.

"We've talked a lot about commitment. I wish we didn't call it a 'commitment' anymore. We need a different name for it. These kids, especially in the SEC, when they make a commitment, it doesn't mean people stop recruiting you and it doesn't mean the schools are always going to stay committed to those players either. At the end of the day, he's the one that has to spend four years there and it's his decision. He's got to build those relationships and make up his own mind."

Blackmon said he believes his star player will have a strong chance to compete for early playing time at Auburn when he arrives next year.

"I think they are thin in the secondary and I think he's got a chance to go in there and at least battle for some playing time early on. They've had injuries and a couple of guys dismissed in the secondary. I think those things played a big factor. He's never really sat on the bench his entire high school career. Every kid looks at that opportunity to play early as a deciding factor."

Roberts is rated the nation's No. 14 cornerback prospect by the 247Composite rankings.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 02:53:35 PM »
I'm adding Stephen Roberts to my commitment list.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 02:57:09 PM »
I'm adding Stephen Roberts to my commitment list.
I added him to mine before, so we know who the real inside info comes from. and my BIL can beat up your BIL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 03:14:55 PM »
I added him to mine before, so we know who the real inside info comes from. and my BIL can beat up your BIL.

Can not
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 04:26:06 PM »

Can not

My Hillary can beat both your bils.  :rimshot: :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Ogre

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 04:50:50 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions