Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week 14

Thoughts - Week 14
« on: November 30, 2013, 11:58:38 PM »
- When the future Iron Bowl montages show 2013 Iron Bowl highlights, I'll be able to say, "I was there!"

- We fucking CLOWNED them.  Tonight was their goddamn worst nightmare.  Auburn ruined their quest for history (because having one great season has never been enough for them).  Auburn ran for nearly 300 hundred yards on them.  Auburn scored 30+ points and four offensive touchdowns against their defense that had only given up five touchdowns since week two.  Auburn had a 150+ yard rusher. And it'll be Auburn hanging out in Atlanta next weekend in their place. 

- It was glorious.  Alabama has been so fucking spoiled because every week, every season they go into every game being told how great they are and they deliver.  Even when they lose, it's been because they started slow or were having a hangover from the week before.  And they've had plenty of chances to showcase their dominance on the big stage, and they've succeeded nearly every time. 

And tonight?  With everything on the line?  They were shit kicked by Auburn.  We ran all over them.  We hit big plays. We stuffed them in tough guy football on a 4th and short.  We overcame some of the most egregious officiating I've ever seen.  We won the game on the last play when they begged and clawed to get their deserved one second because they deserved to have one last chance to win the game. 

- That was the loudest moment of my life.  My teeth rattled.  My eyes were buzzing.  I'm still dealing with this issue on my face though.  I seem to have developed a permanent smile.  It won't go away, and it's starting to hurt.

- Alabama fans are the worst.  When Auburn did well, we cheered.  In section 15, we had quite a bit of Bama fan trash, and I (nor anyone else) never directed Auburn's success towards an Alabama fan to make him feel bad.  As soon as they started doing well?  When they went up 21-7?  They decided it was time to be belligerent. 

They acted like their football lead cemented their superiority over everyone else.  They pointed and laughed and acted like assholes.  And it wasn't one group.  It was 95% of them. 

And the worst of the bunch was a real Updyke.  Dude was screaming and cussing in front of a bunch of kids, and when the dad asked him to tone it down, he acted even more like a belligerent asshole. 

I hope they all cry and scream and kick shit around their house.  I hope they feel this one in their bones, and I hope it stings for a long, long time. 

- I heard this while driving home - "It's a shame that Auburn won the Iron Bowl because Auburn doesn't have a chance at competing with Florida State.  They're too one dimensional to compete with a top team like Florida State," a guest on the NBC Sports Radio Show.

What the fuck are these guys smoking?  Why are people so stupid to follow along with their reasoning?  There must be people going along with it or else they wouldn't be guests, right?

Hello, asshole?  We just used our same gameplan to beat Alabama.  You know that minor league NFL team that you fawn over so much?  Yeah, we beat them.  We ran all over them.  We only completed a few pass plays. 

- I'm not scared of anyone.  Not Missouri.  Not Ohio State.  Not Florida State.  Our offense just had tremendous success against one of the better Alabama defenses I've seen especially against the run. 

- 3 of the top 4 links on Reddit right now are about our game.  That's not just national attention, that's international.  Fuck yes. 

- See you in Atlanta!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Thoughts - Week 14
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 12:08:19 AM »
Their are a lot of women heading to shelters in turd town tonight. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 12:09:53 AM »
But...Saban took a bribe.

But...They just needed a kicker. That guy? He should have died in Paul Walker's car.

But... It was just luck so it doesn't count.

But... Heisman.

But... We can't run on their defense.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 12:29:37 AM »
But...Saban took a bribe.

But...They just needed a kicker. That guy? He should have died in Paul Walker's car.

But... It was just luck so it doesn't count.

But... Heisman.

But... We can't run on their defense.

I hope he has protection when they get back. (as do his parents)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 06:42:43 AM »
I was playing Payday 2 with a couple guys, from Hawaii and Canada, just a little while ago they watched the game...said it was the first time they'd seen a Iron Bowl game, one's a big USC only fan & the other doesn't watch College Football (until tonight). One of them watched the ESPN War Eagle/ragh taghd special today. I had to explain to them the difference between Auburn's Eagle and Auburn's Tiger nickname & mascot while we were in a gun fight, robbing a bank for gold. They both didn't understand the crimson tide nickname and the Elephant mascot.

I'd like to see the viewer ratings or whatever it's called, because I'm pretty sure the entire State of Ohio was glued to the TV set, as well as a a number of other States and a few Countries.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 08:43:55 AM »
Joe had to kick a group of bammers out of x gate for trying to start fights. And then when they got kicked out, they got even worse, and LOUD. At one point there was a thought of calling the cops. They eventually just left. The girls were worse than the guys. Some of the most classless obnoxious people I've ever seen. It's not just a stereotype. It's who they are. Clay Travis was right.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 08:47:03 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 10:32:52 AM »
Meanwhile, in Tuscaloosa...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 10:40:11 AM »
Someone catch the one in the black lace.  She can live. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 11:47:30 AM »
Someone catch the one in the black lace.  She can live.

I'd hit it with VV's dicth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 04:59:04 PM »
Meanwhile, in Tuscaloosa...

I'm tweeting that...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2013, 05:13:01 PM »
I'm tweeting that...
All I see are Bams jumping to disability. This will only make it harder to get in and out of stores. Can't someone lure them to greater heights? And what about the children?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2013, 11:00:33 AM »
Random game day stuff.

First off, traffic was off the charts bad.  Knew it would be bad but not like it was Saturday.  The way I normally get in and out of town has never had any traffic problems.  Not Saturday.  City limits...Bam!!!  Had to park way farther out than usual and had a long haul in.  Happy to make the walk after the game. 

Didn't make it to Game Day site but saw one guy walking around with a sign that made me think of Sani.  "Nick Saban pees sitting down."  Direct...to the point.  I like it.

Favorite text that I forwarded to a few of you.  "God gave Bama football to help take their minds off the goats."

Had the good fortune to land the good scholly seats this time and when I get up there, what's the first thing I see?  Bammers all over the place.  Fuck sake people, STOP SELLING YOUR TICKETS TO BAMA FANS!!!!

Call it classless...whatever....but very few things more fun than being an Auburn fan and getting the opportunity to sing Rammer Jammer with 80,000 other fans after the Iron Bowl. 

Hate that the Toomer's trees are gone.  You'd have never known it Saturday night.  Everything rolled from Toomer's down to Thatch.  Looked like downtown Auburn was having a blizzard. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2013, 11:53:04 AM »
I agree with Snaggle it was weird without the Oaks but toomers looked amazing with paper everywhere.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 12:00:32 PM »
Other deep thoughts by Snags Handy.

They presented Bo a cake before the game for his 51st birthday.  In his honor, Auburn scored 34 to win the Iron Bowl.

The 4th down stuffing of TJ Yeldon was done by true freshman, Carl Lawson.  Just get us some linebackers to go with this group of D-Linemen.....please. 

Watched one of several replays last night, including with Verne and Gary announcing.  Noticed that at one point, Verne had to throw in a comment that "We are not biased for either team."  In da' mouf, Verne.  In da' mouf.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 12:30:28 PM »
 :aubie: :thumsup: :civic: :bus:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 01:04:23 PM »
Call it classless...whatever....but very few things more fun than being an Auburn fan and getting the opportunity to sing Rammer Jammer with 80,000 other fans after the Iron Bowl. 

Agreeance...I had several glares as I told Mini "earmuffs" and proceeded to tell bammer where they could go during that song.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.