Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

THE MUTHA UH AW ARN BOWS-Game Thread

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: THE MUTHA UH AW ARN BOWS-Game Thread
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2013, 07:58:07 PM »
I will say this.  I don't want to hear a single thing about luck.  We did what we do.  We ran the ball.  The reason we were in the game at the end is simple. Alabama could not consistently stop our running game. 

No matter who won, we would have won.  Because we were every bit as good as them today.  Every bit. 

All anybody's going to want to talk about is that last play.  We need to make sure nobody forgets Marshall making them pay with his legs and his arm. The great punts. Mason ramming it down their throat.  The defense stuffing Yeldon on fourth and short (that was the play of the game to me).  It wasn't Chris Davis and a miracle, it was everybody together, keeping their heads when we went down by 14.

That was no miracle. The finish was, yes.  But we deserved to win.  They did not "give the game away" as I've heard repeatedly in the last half hour. They did not "play like they didn't care."   They played like they have all year, but finally ran up against a team that wasn't afraid of their ass. 

God bless you, Gus. 

Now I have to go take some medicine. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 08:05:18 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2013, 08:03:24 PM »
I will say this.  I don't want to hear a single thing about luck.  We did what we do.  We ran the ball.  The reason we were in the game at the end is simple. Alabama could not consistently stop our running game. 

No matter who won, we would have won.  Because we were every bit as good as them today.  Every bit. 

Take it as prescribed because we are on a run for the ages pal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2013, 08:03:52 PM »

Mine comes in 6 or 12 packs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2013, 08:11:45 PM »
Nick Marshall refuses to be beaten. Definitely our MVP!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2013, 08:22:06 PM »
My neighbors now think I am officially crazy after running into the front yard  proclaiming victory(again)

Fuck me running.   

And fuck AJ's (going out like the ginger before him with a loss) girlfriend.   ( I am so sorry)

AU should revoke her degree.

Leave the gingers out of it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

bgreene

« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2013, 08:22:48 PM »
He'll, I went and rolled a tree in my own yard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2013, 08:26:06 PM »
As Davis ran up the sideline, I was relieved it was the Auburn side in case another was on the other sideline
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2013, 08:35:40 PM »
My neighbors now think I am officially crazy after running into the front yard  proclaiming victory(again)

Fuck me running.   

And fuck AJ's (going out like the ginger before him with a loss) girlfriend.   ( I am so sorry)

AU should revoke her degree.
Amen fucking Amen brother............i also went out front and yelled WAR DAMN EAGLE, when I got my breath back and heart rate down.
We have to be GOD'S team this year.
Wow
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2013, 09:17:50 PM »

WAR FUCKING EAGLE!!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2013, 09:32:24 PM »
Oh yeah, almost forgot.

How you like them apples, Benedict Yeldon?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2013, 10:01:57 PM »
On to the Waffle House where he has reserve seating.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2013, 10:22:29 PM »
X gate went nuts on the last play. Pretty sure me and The Six dry humped each other for a good 2 mins when it happened. Then it was onto Toomers for some partaking in festivities. Shit was bananas.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 10:27:57 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2013, 10:24:47 PM »
Cool, wonder how long the fans stayed on the field after the game was over.   When AU blocked the two punts and we whipped those bastards in '72, we danced in the stands for about an hour after it was over. What a feeling.
 :aubie:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2013, 10:32:13 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2013, 11:37:06 PM »
Mrs. AUT1 is watching the clip on youtube over and over and I am still shaking.  Pretty sure it's not the whiskey either. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

dallaswareagle

« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2013, 11:54:20 PM »
As Davis ran up the sideline, I was relieved it was the Auburn side in case another was on the other sideline

Don't know, think it would have been funny (and right up their alley) had it gone up their sideline and someone come off the bench to tackle him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2013, 11:58:08 PM »
There are games I will remember all my life.  The LSU game in 1994. Punt bama punt in 1972. Bo over the top. The cam comeback.

These Auburn Tigers have given me two. 

Truly amazing. Apologies to Cam, Bo, Newton and Langner but that may have been the greatest of all. If not its a close second to 1982 in terms of what it could mean long term.

This team is close in makeup to the 1972 team that just found a way to win. It feels like the 82 or 03 teams that served notice that we were going to be a force for a long time to come.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2013, 12:10:24 AM »
Got to give credit where credit is due, I knew we would win

When Corso picked them.  :haha: :haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2013, 12:24:44 AM »
There are games I will remember all my life.  The LSU game in 1994. Punt bama punt in 1972. Bo over the top. The cam comeback.

These Auburn Tigers have given me two. 

Truly amazing. Apologies to Cam, Bo, Newton and Langner but that may have been the greatest of all. If not its a close second to 1982 in terms of what it could mean long term.

This team is close in makeup to the 1972 team that just found a way to win. It feels like the 82 or 03 teams that served notice that we were going to be a force for a long time to come.
bamah was I believe a 17 point favorite over us in 72, we had a QB that could hand off to Terry Henley but not much of a threat to pass.  We did have one hell of a defense, those boys would put the fear of GOD in you.  I was there, still remember the after game party in Legion Field........Wow
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions