Still better than XBox to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: See the Future: PS4
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 07:14:23 AM »
https://us.playstation.com/ps4/

Still better than XBox to me.

Gonna be interesting to see what the final product is from both of them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 09:35:16 AM »
My free PS2 kicks all their asses.

And the games are only like $2 each.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 09:47:53 AM »
Gonna be interesting to see what the final product is from both of them.

Yep, if The Next X-Box is going to require an internet connection and not allow used games, I'm going to get the ps4.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 10:05:52 AM »
Knowing my luck whatever one I pick Saniflush will pick the opposite and call me stupid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 10:07:26 AM »
Yep, if The Next X-Box is going to require an internet connection and not allow used games, I'm going to get the ps4.
I really cannot believe they would go this route, talk about taking out a huge part of the industry (lest we forget also rentable games).  (even though it is a huge fucking rip-off)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 10:11:06 AM »
Knowing my luck whatever one I pick Saniflush will pick the opposite and call me stupid.

Well then let this be a lesson to you that you should follow my lead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 10:13:52 AM »
Thats what I'm saying you will buy one, I will get the same then somehow it will be the wrong one.  I just know it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 10:16:19 AM »
I really cannot believe they would go this route, talk about taking out a huge part of the industry (lest we forget also rentable games).  (even though it is a huge fucking rip-off)

Or your coworker beating a game like Mass Effect, saying you need to try it out, and brings you his copy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 10:16:51 AM »
Oh and you are 1 for 2 as far as I am concerned, although I still dont consider my PS3 a bad purchase.  Is the XBox a better gaming system absolutely (and that is partially due to Sony dragging their dam jap feet for almost 2 years and let Microsoft take all the market share) is it a better system in general...meh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 10:19:57 AM »
Oh and you are 1 for 2 as far as I am concerned, although I still dont consider my PS3 a bad purchase.  Is the XBox a better gaming system absolutely (and that is partially due to Sony dragging their dam jap feet for almost 2 years and let Microsoft take all the market share) is it a better system in general...meh.

Yea, this is why it's going to be interesting to see who does what on this next gen. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 05:07:13 PM »
Interesting take from Wired Magazine.  PS4 seems to be focused on gamers now with Microsoft focusing on everyone else, kind of a paradigm shift for both in the opposite direction.

There’s an excellent chance the PlayStation 4 will be the last videogame console ever, at least as we understand the term.

On Wednesday, Sony unveiled (sort of) the PlayStation 4, its next home gaming platform, at a lavish two-hour event in New York City attended by over 1,000 journalists and fans. While the embattled electronics maker did not yet have an actual device to show or even a dummy form factor, it spent the time talking up its philosophy behind the system. PlayStation 4, a constant stream of presenters reiterated, was for gamers: sick new graphics, ungodly amounts of RAM and cool new gaming-centric features like the ability to stream gameplay videos in real time.

Somewhere jammed in the middle of that two-hour orgy, Sony gave the tiniest of cursory nods to the idea that a PlayStation box is now expected to serve up streaming movies and television, too, with a single slide that announced support for all the major providers like Netflix, Amazon, et al., which was whisked off the Jumbotron faster than the human eye could process all of the logos. Movies aren’t games, so who cares?

“We’re focusing on that core gamer, the gamer who wants the ultimate experience and lives for gaming,” Sony Computer Entertainment America CEO Jack Tretton told Wired contributor Steven Levy after the event. “If you’re not a gamer, I don’t think you get it.”

Not a gamer? Beat it, loser. We don’t even want you buying PlayStation 4. So what is all this, then? Why is Sony rallying the gamer troops under its banner? PlayStation 4′s reveal preceded the as-yet-unscheduled announcement of the next Xbox. And it’s clear that Sony is attempting to preemptively define itself against Microsoft.

Over the last few years, Microsoft has been attempting to change the way people think about its Xbox 360. It launched it in 2005 as a game console, the same way Sony is talking up the PlayStation 4 today. But now it wants you to think of it as an ecumenical home entertainment system, capable of streaming television, movies, music and everything else. Depending on your cable provider, you can use Xbox to control your live TV experience too. Microsoft has opened a new studio in Los Angeles — not to produce games but to produce Hollywood entertainment content.

As I was in the middle of writing this, I got an e-mail from the Xbox public relations team. A new videogame? Ha ha, of course not. “Watch the red carpet coverage from the Academy Awards on Xbox 360 this weekend,” it read. It’s all over: We’ve gone from “Have you played Atari today?” to “Who are you wearing tonight?”

With all this in mind, there should be no question that Microsoft’s pitch for its eventual new console, right from the off, will be: This plays games, but it’s not for gamers any more than an iPad is just for gamers. Everybody watches TV, so everybody wants an Xbox to give them a heightened experience. If someday you find yourself caught in a downpour and duck into the nearest doorway and thereby accidentally enter a Microsoft store, you would be able to buy an Xbox on a cellphone-style plan, paying $99 for the box if you subscribe to two years of the Xbox Live service. That’s today. What if that’s the whole pitch for the next Xbox? What if Sony’s machine is $500 and Microsoft’s is $100? That would be the Bambi vs. Godzilla of console wars.

The big mistake Sony seems to be making is the assumption that this is a zero-sum equation.
Microsoft, I believe, thinks that gamers are tapped out, and the only way to grow is to expand the audience. Sony’s plan is to paint this as a negative. Surely part of the reason why its PlayStation 4 reveal was missing so much information was because it wanted to unveil it extra early, beat Redmond to the punch. It wanted to set the terms of the debate: We’re all about gamers, so what about you? And its response to Microsoft’s eventual unveil will be: “We’re not making a TiVo so your great aunt Tillie can time-shift The X Factor. We’re making games for gamers, and if you’re not a gamer, you don’t get it.”

Read the rest of the article. http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/02/ps4-analysis/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 08:13:41 AM »
O-LAY O-LAY O-LAY O-LAY

« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 08:15:56 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 10:38:53 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 03:06:23 PM »
Gamestop gets the win for best misprint of the day.

doh.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2013, 04:14:04 PM »
Aww man so I gotta get an XBOX subscription too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 11:32:46 AM »

Reviewer is a tool, but gives you an idea.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 10:04:47 PM »
I think I'll wait till they have the kinks worked out on the XBoxOne. I've learned my lesson to not buy a new system on it's release date, got tired of sending systems in that continued to crash. I'll stick to my 360 and PS3 for now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs