Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Good Early Hoops

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Good Early Hoops
« on: November 12, 2013, 09:52:18 AM »
One thing you have to give college basketball credit for, is an abundance of good early match ups.  Unlike college football, you don't have to worry about dropping a few games and playing a tough early schedule seems to prepare teams better when tournament time comes around.  If you like the college round ballz, tonight will be a good night.  #1 Kentucky takes on #2 Michigan State.  Then #4 Duke matches up against #6 Kansas.  A ton of freshmen phenoms in both these games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Good Early Hoops
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 12:08:53 PM »
One thing you have to give college basketball credit for, is an abundance of good early match ups.  Unlike college football, you don't have to worry about dropping a few games and playing a tough early schedule seems to prepare teams better when tournament time comes around.  If you like the college round ballz, tonight will be a good night.  #1 Kentucky takes on #2 Michigan State.  Then #4 Duke matches up against #6 Kansas.  A ton of freshmen phenoms in both these games.

Kansas has a badass freshman. Best hs prospect since Lebron teh experts say.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 12:34:42 PM »
Kansas has a badass freshman. Best hs prospect since Lebron teh experts say.

I know Kansas has #1 and Duke has the #2 rated HS player.  I understand UK has some killer frosh as well.  UK has been the poster child under Cal for complete turnover in the roster every season.  I haven't paid attention to their roster this year but I found it odd they were the #1 preseason pick after a bad season by their standards and getting bounced in round one of the NIT last season.

I think Florida and Wisconsin play tonight too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 02:45:05 PM »
So what you are saying is, that AU is really good early? Like early BEFORE the game! Like in warmups?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 01:07:47 PM »
Two great games last night.  Watched all of UK/MSU but only stayed up for the first half of Duke/KU.  A couple of observations.  All 4 of these teams look like men among boys.  Huge guys doing crazy athletic shit on the floor.  MSU is loaded with returning players.  The other 3 have plenty that returned but it was the true freshmen for each one that stood out.  Andrew Wiggins for Kansas and Jabari Parker for Duke, the #1 and #2 HS players in the country, had 22 and 27 points respectively.  Kentucky, however, has a freakin' man-child underneath.  Freshman Julius Randle went off for 27 points and 13 rebounds.  Haven't checked but he looks to be about 6'9" and 250.  He was a load.  And as the announcers said, if he gets in the gym and works on free throws, he may hit 30 points a game.  He's just a beast and gets fouled every time he touches the ball.

The bad thing is the nature of the college game.  Enjoy these guys now because all 3 are one-and-done. I love college basketball but it's getting harder because you can't really follow a team with the same interest given the yearly turnover.         
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions