Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Same defense, same people

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Same defense, same people
« on: November 15, 2013, 07:39:52 AM »
AUBURN, Ala. -- Georgia had its way with Auburn last year winning 38-0 at Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Todd Gurley
This Saturday, No. 25 Georgia visits Auburn for a second-straight year, and Bulldog running back Todd Gurley is confident the Bulldogs can come away with another victory.

“It’s basically the same defense, same people,” Gurley told a group of reporters after Tuesday's practice. “They just, you know, got the energy right now. They’re winning, they’re beating ranked teams, they just have all the energy right now.

“Our plan is to go in there and take it out of them.”

Gus Malzahn, who has guided No. 7 Auburn to a 9-1 start this season, was asked about Gurley’s comments during his appearance on Tiger Talk Thursday night.

“He’s a confident player, there’s no doubt,” Malzahn said. “Our guys, just to be completely honest with you, they’re self-motivated. They don’t need any kinds of things like that. They’ve got a huge challenge, they’re excited about playing, and we’ll see what happens.”

Gurley ran for 116 yards and one touchdown on 11 carries against the Tigers last year, but the Auburn-Georgia series, called the Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry, didn’t make much of an impression him.

“It was a rivalry last year, but it kind of wasn’t,” he said.

Gurley has battled through an ankle injury to rush for 625 yards and six touchdowns on 101 carries this season.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Same defense, same people
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 08:47:08 AM »
Well I hope he reinjures his ankle in pregame warm ups, but he has a point.  In his short time at Georgia, this game hasn't been much of one. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

djsimp

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 10:13:15 AM »
Well, it may be the same players for the most part, but its not the same coaches. Also, Gus may say that Auburn players don't need this for motivation, I certainly think this adds a little extra incentive for the Auburn D.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 10:28:41 AM »
Well, it may be the same players for the most part, but its not the same coaches. Also, Gus may say that Auburn players don't need this for motivation, I certainly think this adds a little extra incentive for the Auburn D.
I don't think he's looked at the game film if he thinks it's the same players. They are not the same figuratively or literally. I don't think there will be a player on UGA this year that encourages an AU player with a "come on, you're better than this"  type of statement like happened last year. That was embarrassing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 10:29:40 AM »
I don't think he's looked at the game film if he thinks it's the same players. They are not the same figuratively and or literally. I don't think there will be a player on UGA this year that encourages an AU player with a "come on, you're better than this"  type of statement like happened last year. That was embarrassing.

What this guy said ^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 10:35:19 AM »
They are not the same figuratively or literally.

Jake disagrees.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 10:47:11 AM »

Jake disagrees.
He falls with a better effort, dammit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 10:48:52 AM »
What this guy said ^^
Why can't you just bring yourself to Like me. You know you wanted to but you just couldn't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 11:23:43 AM »
Why can't you just bring yourself to Like me. You know you wanted to but you just couldn't.

Although I agreed with the facts of your post, my emotional feeling towards it was indifferent. What we need here are like, dislike and neutral buttons.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 11:40:55 AM »
Although I agreed with the facts of your post, my emotional feeling towards it was indifferent. What we need here are like, dislike and neutral buttons.

And a Jake Holland Icon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 12:23:12 PM »

meh
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 01:26:39 PM »
Agreed. I would only add that a "do you want to hook up" button would be useful for our gay members.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 01:43:22 PM »
Agreed. I would only add that a "do you want to hook up" button would be useful for our gay members.
Well...do you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 01:53:14 PM »
Well...do you?

It's Friday afternoon and vv is lonely.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2013, 09:00:14 PM »
It's Friday afternoon and vv is lonely.
he loves work on Fridays - it's just his size when everyone works a half day
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 09:26:24 PM »
I have no problem with what Gurley said, he spoke the truth. We do have the same players on Defense, but we're playing like our hairs on fire compared to last year when we played like we didn't give a shit. We are playing with that "energy" and it won't be taken away like last year, we won't have players quit on the team during the game...regardless how many times they miss a tackle or they pull the QB's towel out thinking it's flag football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2013, 07:13:42 AM »
I have no problem with what Gurley said, he spoke the truth. We do have the same players on Defense, but we're playing like our hairs on fire compared to last year when we played like we didn't give a shit. We are playing with that "energy" and it won't be taken away like last year, we won't have players quit on the team during the game...regardless how many times they miss a tackle or they pull the QB's towel out thinking it's flag football.
All true. And I'm thankful Richt did not make it far worse than 38 last season. But that was then.

Today I expect the most physical battle we have seen this entire college football season, the type of game that sums up the previous ten.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2013, 08:13:19 AM »
All true. And I'm thankful Richt did not make it far worse than 38 last season. But that was then.

Today I expect the most physical battle we have seen this entire college football season, the type of game that sums up the previous ten.
Yup
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2013, 09:14:39 AM »

I don't have a problem with it either but I do enjoy the fact that Gurley has given the D even more incentive to play like their hair is on fire. There is no doubt that D line has caught wind of this and will make it a point to give Gurley a rough outing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2013, 10:36:29 AM »
Lawson, Adams, Bradley, Daniels were not there last year and some others played less (Therezie) . Prob some more participation I'm not thinking of but there is close to a 25% change in who is playing and I would say a 90% change in how they are playing and a 100% change in who is coaching. To me it's not even close to the same defense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions