Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

An Exclusive Club

An Exclusive Club
« on: November 15, 2013, 01:59:33 PM »
Tre Mason is just an average back. A product of the system.  Facing inferior competition.  Right?

Well...consider this:

Tre Mason needs 1 rushing TD tomorrow to join the 17td through 11 games club.  There are only two other Auburn players to have hit that mark - Bo Jackson and Cam Newton.  Bo Jackson needed 278 carries to get to 17.  Cam needed 206.  Mason's currently at 181 with 16 tds. 

Tre Mason only needs four touchdowns to tie Cam Newton's single season rushing touchdown record at 20.

If the kickers will kick to Tre Mason, it could help him set another Auburn record as well.  He needs 411 all purpose yards to break Bo Jackson's 1985 all purpose yards record.   

It hasn't felt like we're witnessing history with Mason, but we are.  Getting to 1000 yards in 2012 and now doing what he's doing this year, I'd say he makes a serious argument to crack the top five in all time Auburn running backs. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: An Exclusive Club
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 03:07:41 PM »
Do you think he will return for the senior campaign or make a try at the pros?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 03:28:58 PM »
Do you think he will return for the senior campaign or make a try at the pros?

Return...

1. He loves the offense he's in now

2. He's not projected to be that high of a draft pick

3. I don't think he's a hardship case (should still be some residuals coming in from "Me, Myself, and I" and his dad had that cameo on "Feel Good Inc." by the Gorillaz)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 03:32:35 PM »
Return...

1. He loves the offense he's in now

2. He's not projected to be that high of a draft pick

3. I don't think he's a hardship case (should still be some residuals coming in from "Me, Myself, and I" and his dad had that cameo on "Feel Good Inc." by the Gorillaz)

I also don't believe he's hard pressed for money as his father's rap career surely earned him a trust fund.

Mason would be one of the better backs in this class.  He just doesn't have the measurables of an NFL player, so I'm not certain he'd be drafted high even if he did come out. 

Also, if he waits until next year, he's going to be way low on the board.  Gurley, Yeldon, Davis, and Hill will all be eligible for the draft and all are prototype NFL backs. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 06:26:15 PM »
I also don't believe he's hard pressed for money as his father's rap career surely earned him a trust fund.

Mason would be one of the better backs in this class.  He just doesn't have the measurables of an NFL player, so I'm not certain he'd be drafted high even if he did come out. 

Also, if he waits until next year, he's going to be way low on the board.  Gurley, Yeldon, Davis, and Hill will all be eligible for the draft and all are prototype NFL backs.
So, either way he'll still be in the 3rd-4th Round of the Draft.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs