Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Oh Hell Yes Gas prices are going down like Vandy Vol!!!!!

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Oh Hell Yes Gas prices are going down like Vandy Vol!!!!!
« on: October 23, 2013, 06:39:46 PM »
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/drivers-could-see-gas-below-3-gallon-soon-8C11450020
Drivers could see gas below $3 a gallon soon

Sharon Epperson ,  CNBC

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
GooglePlus
Email

3 hours ago

Gas prices are dropping, and drivers in some parts of the country could soon see it fall below $3 a gallon.
Kevork Djansezian / Getty Images file

Gas prices are dropping, and drivers in some parts of the country could soon see it fall below $3 a gallon.

Good news for consumers: gasoline prices are falling fast as oil prices plummet.

RBOB gasoline futures — which are traded on the New York Mercantile Exchange — plunged to $2.57 a gallon Wednesday morning, the lowest price since November 2012. Gasoline futures, which have slid 5 percent in the past week alone, have an even greater impact on prices at the pump than crude oil prices.

"It's fourth-quarter demand. There's always less demand for gasoline at the end of the year and that's what you're seeing. Plus there's plenty of supply of gasoline — and oil," said trader Anthony Grisanti of GRZ Energy and a CNBC contributor.

The national average for retail gasoline is $3.34 a gallon, down 4 percent, or 13 cents, from a month ago, according to AAA. In 10 states, prices are below $3.25 a gallon on average — and many drivers in Oklahoma, Missouri and Texas are paying less than $3 a gallon, according to GasBuddy.com.

"Drivers in nearly half the country could soon find gasoline prices at the pump below $3 a gallon," says Tom Kloza, chief oil analyst at GasBuddy.com. "This is the other shoe dropping. Since September, we saw gasoline prices lose ground even though oil prices were congesting. Now that crude oil prices are dropping, we could soon see retail gasoline prices at the lowest prices since the Arab spring in February 2011— below $3.20 a gallon for the national average."

The benchmark U.S. oil price is at the lowest level since July. West Texas Intermediate crude futures hit a session low of $96.16 a barrel, sinking 4 percent in 3 days.

U.S. crude oil inventories have risen sharply since Oct. 4 as refineries have slowed processing, due to seasonal maintenance operations and domestic oil production that continues to rise. Meanwhile total demand for oil and refined products has dropped to the lowest level since June.
 :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Re: Oh Hell Yes Gas prices are going down like Vandy Vol!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 07:18:22 PM »
Shit, now I can afford the fuel to drive to Mountain Brook and give them high class blow jobs!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 07:37:10 PM »
It just went from $3.07 to $3.15 a gallon in Pell City in the last 3 days.

We're doing it all wrong over hurr.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 10:18:59 PM »
It's been $2.89 in Houston for about a month.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 07:50:22 AM »
I thought I would never see the day I would be so glad that gas would go down to $3 a gal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 08:53:26 AM »
I thought I would never see the day I would be so glad that gas would go down to $3 a gal.

We have been conditioned to think this way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 08:57:59 AM »
Saw a stat that said the last time Tennessee beat Alabama, gas was $1.91 in Knoxville.

I remember when $1.91 was too high for gas. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 10:20:56 AM »
It's been $2.89 in Houston for about a month.
I noticed this on our trip back from College Station. Made sure to fill up.

"It's fourth-quarter demand. There's always less demand for gasoline at the end of the year and that's what you're seeing. Plus there's plenty of supply of gasoline — and oil," said trader Anthony Grisanti of GRZ Energy and a CNBC contributor.
Does this not seem bass-ackwards to you guys? Isn't Thanksgiving/Christmas the most travel-heavy two months of the year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 10:51:11 AM »
I noticed this on our trip back from College Station. Made sure to fill up.
Does this not seem bass-ackwards to you guys? Isn't Thanksgiving/Christmas the most travel-heavy two months of the year?

I think those are travel heavy days, but June through August are travel heavy months.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 10:57:26 AM »
I think those are travel heavy days, but June through August are travel heavy months.

That and the fact that you've got many families with younger children who will stay home or only travel nearby for the majority of the holidays, whereas they'll have a family trip planned to a location that is further away for the summer months.  Probably the same with older people...they'll get out more in the summer than in the winter, even though two major holidays are in winter.

Also, there's a seasonal gasoline transition between summer-grade fuel and winter-grade fuel.  The difference is in the additives used.  Summer-grade fuel is always slightly more expensive than winter-grade fuel due to the price of the ingredients, as well as the fact that the refineries have to have a brief shutdown before being able to process summer-grade fuel.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 11:17:19 AM »

Yep!

That's the whole goal. Raise it a lot, lower it a little. It's a tricky loop. Some commodities traders should be hung by the testes satchel.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 11:34:17 AM »
It just went from $3.07 to $3.15 a gallon in Pell City in the last 3 days.

We're doing it all wrong over hurr.

Did it out here too. Was at $2.95, shot up to $3.15 late last week and is now back down to $3.02.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 11:37:40 AM »
Yep!

That's the whole goal. Raise it a lot, lower it a little. It's a tricky loop. Some commodities traders should be hung by the testes satchel.

Stay cute you damn conspiracy nuts!  Totally agree, it will dip to about $2.75 and then start going up again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 11:46:12 AM »
$3.55 yesterday down here in God's waiting room.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 04:18:11 PM »
3.06 near Auburn today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 04:29:10 PM »
$2.85 North of Dallas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 04:41:19 PM »
$3.02....somewhere.  I saw it the other day.  Just can't recall if I was here or in North Carolina.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 04:42:19 PM »
Miss me yet?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 04:58:03 PM »
Miss me yet?

You know this picture implies he fucked up and caused the problem...right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 06:06:38 PM »
You know this picture implies he fucked up and caused the problem...right?

CPI doesn't lie and yes, some of his policies did affect prices, but the problem with the petrodollar started in 1974 with Kissinger and Nixon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions