Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Buh-Bye

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Buh-Bye
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2013, 03:29:49 PM »
Honestly, I think he will retire after the next title that he wins.  Even if it's this year.  Assuming that he wins another in the next 2-3 years, anyway.  I will be pretty surprised if he is the coach by the 2015 season either way.  He's old as fudge, and I just don't see him trying to unfudge Texas this late in the game.  I know you will laugh, but I really believe him when he says that this is his last stop.  Not because I hope he stays forever and ever and ever, but because it actually makes sense.
I dunno. I see him more as the kind of guy they'll have to wheel out onto the field. I don't think it's about the money at this stage as much as it's about the power and influence. Believe me, it's addictive. I remember when I was a nobody. Wouldn't wanna go back. I don't see how you guys live like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2013, 04:05:24 PM »
Starting to really heat up on some boards, he gone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2013, 04:12:49 PM »

An Auburn loss and this. They will have to call out the National Guard.  :haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2013, 04:18:40 PM »
Honestly, I think he will retire after the next title that he wins.  Even if it's this year.  Assuming that he wins another in the next 2-3 years, anyway.  I will be pretty surprised if he is the coach by the 2015 season either way.  He's old as fuck, and I just don't see him trying to unfuck Texas this late in the game.  I know you will laugh, but I really believe him when he says that this is his last stop.  Not because I hope he stays forever and ever and ever, but because it actually makes sense.

You wanna little special sauce with that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2013, 04:21:30 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2013, 04:34:13 PM »

After the way they've reacted to the loss, I don't blame him one bit. It's a fanbase that's impossible to please.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2013, 04:37:19 PM »
I dunno. I see him more as the kind of guy they'll have to wheel out onto the field. I don't think it's about the money at this stage as much as it's about the power and influence. Believe me, it's addictive. I remember when I was a nobody. Wouldn't wanna go back. I don't see how you guys live like that.

I remember last week also.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Ogre

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2013, 05:14:08 PM »

Where are you seeing this?  I want more details!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2013, 05:43:17 PM »
Where are you seeing this?  I want more details!
http://thefootballbrainiacs.com/nick-saban-to-texas-appears-to-be-a-done-deal

We have word now from two trusted sources that Nick Saban to Texas is a done deal. One of the sources said the money he will get is substantial (obviously) but we haven’t got any word on what that number might be.

UPDATE: for those asking for exact dates on when this is going to happen. We don’t know. We are telling you what we know which is that we have two very good sources that have told us that Nick Saban is going to Texas and one of the sources said that the money is going to be substantial. We would not have run this unless we trusted the sources.

We received word from one source saying it was going to happen and then we contacted a second source asking for confirmation and the second source confirmed. That’s what we know.

http://www.the-mainboard.com/index.php?threads/nick-saban-to-texas-pawwwwl.116462/page-65

Post #3234

It always works this way, but former Auburn QB who is a current AL Judge & is extremely connected with the AU program has assured the Auburn message board community that Nick Saban is officially gone.

I will say this; he is a real "insider" for Auburn & very connected via his current position. I guess it'll be interesting to see if his sources for Alabama are as spot on as his ones for Auburn.

----------------------------
Of course the bunker is in a frenzy as well. One of their well known/trusted insiders is saying he gone. As well as another guy, who doesn't seem to have the same e-cred, is claiming an ex gump player is saying he gone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2013, 06:24:36 PM »
Not sure how legit the "football braniacs" are, but I will say, I'll be at peace with this. After Auburn established our dominance with such a landmark game, buh bye.

I'm fine with that going down in history as the knock-out punch that ended his career, just like 82 was for Bear.

I was the only Auburn fan on earth NOT ok with him to go out on a positive note. I would have been pissed if we lost this Iron Bowl and then he left. I'm not afraid of him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2013, 06:33:56 PM »
Not sure how legit the "football braniacs" are, but I will say, I'll be at peace with this. After Auburn established our dominance with such a landmark game, buh bye.

I'm fine with that going down in history as the knock-out punch that ended his career, just like 82 was for Bear.

I was the only Auburn fan on earth NOT ok with him to go out on a positive note. I would have been pissed if we lost this Iron Bowl and then he left. I'm not afraid of him.

Agreed...I still hate "Clean Gene" just a little more than the rest of their coaches because he went out on a high note in 96.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2013, 06:34:05 PM »
http://thefootballbrainiacs.com/nick-saban-to-texas-appears-to-be-a-done-deal

We have word now from two trusted sources that Nick Saban to Texas is a done deal. One of the sources said the money he will get is substantial (obviously) but we haven’t got any word on what that number might be.

UPDATE: for those asking for exact dates on when this is going to happen. We don’t know. We are telling you what we know which is that we have two very good sources that have told us that Nick Saban is going to Texas and one of the sources said that the money is going to be substantial. We would not have run this unless we trusted the sources.

We received word from one source saying it was going to happen and then we contacted a second source asking for confirmation and the second source confirmed. That’s what we know.

http://www.the-mainboard.com/index.php?threads/nick-saban-to-texas-pawwwwl.116462/page-65

Post #3234

It always works this way, but former Auburn QB who is a current AL Judge & is extremely connected with the AU program has assured the Auburn message board community that Nick Saban is officially gone.

I will say this; he is a real "insider" for Auburn & very connected via his current position. I guess it'll be interesting to see if his sources for Alabama are as spot on as his ones for Auburn.

----------------------------
Of course the bunker is in a frenzy as well. One of their well known/trusted insiders is saying he gone. As well as another guy, who doesn't seem to have the same e-cred, is claiming an ex gump player is saying he gone.

LB7 from the Bunker?  That guy?  If it's that guy, I think he's a judge, and I think he's full of shit.  He might get some insight on our own program, but he's always been way off when it comes to anything about other programs or NCAA investigations. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2013, 06:35:35 PM »
Jesus Chrisr. I know the "former QB". HE NEVER WAS. And he doesn't know DICK.

He makes stuff up. He is no more connected than any of you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2013, 06:50:20 PM »
 :popcorn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2013, 07:36:58 PM »
Agreed...I still hate "Clean Gene" just a little more than the rest of their coaches because he went out on a high note in 96.

Fuck Dennis Riddle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2013, 07:45:50 PM »
LB7 from the Bunker?  That guy?  If it's that guy, I think he's a judge, and I think he's full of shit.  He might get some insight on our own program, but he's always been way off when it comes to anything about other programs or NCAA investigations.
That's the bunker hero. I have no idea who the qb they are refering to is. Kinda thought it might have come from 247 or scout. Im to poor to own more than 1 pay account though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

HSVBeerNerd

• "Who the $%!# made me an engineer??"
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2013, 08:28:28 PM »
I hate to say it.. but I think whatever Texas would offer the asshole, they'd match or exceed it. If he leaves though, lolololol at the meltdown
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Friends don't let friends buy Pat Dye's undergarments on Ebay...

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2013, 08:33:46 PM »
Before this past Saturday, I only had a small inkling of a feeling that the rumors are true about Saban to Tejas. That was only because of the Misress Sabynz comment regarding the bammer fan base.

After the AU victory and the monumental bammer nation meltdown, I'm thinking that he may very well be gone. However, I don't think any of these message board know-it-alls have a clue what the hell they are talking about. Connections? Pffft.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2013, 08:42:37 PM »
@AlecKeane1: An Austin radio station is confirming Saban going to Texas.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2013, 09:08:33 PM »
I think Mo Couch getting the permaban from the NCAA is being greatly undervalued in all of this.  :gig:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions