Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Buh-Bye

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
Buh-Bye
« on: October 23, 2013, 05:58:27 PM »
http://www.burntorangenation.com/2013/10/23/4987356/the-nick-saban-to-texas-rumors-are-strengthening

It appears that the "Nick Saban to Texas" rumor is both legitimate and gaining traction. As first reported by Inside Texas and then confirmed by ESPN radio, Nick Saban's wife, Terry, was in Austin two weeks ago house hunting with her daughter-in-law.

Inside Texas' Jesus Shuttleworth, whose weekly column has grown a cult-like following, was the first to report on the Nick Saban's agent Jimmy Sexton speaking with Texas regents nine months ago. He also was one of the first to report about Texas' athletic director DeLoss Dodds end-of-year retirement. Suffice it to say, his credibility remains unquestioned.

Today on Spanning the Loeb, ESPN's afternoon radio show in the Austin area, Adam Loeb doubled down on this report, claiming that his sources also believe it to be true. Burnt Orange Nation's Michael Pelech was listening at the time and describes the conversation below:

Alex Loeb who hosts the afternoon show on 104.9 in Austin with Sean Adams was saying how there was the Wallace Hall reaching out to Saban's agent story...then a few weeks ago there were reports that were pretty detailed about Terry Saban househunting in Austin, and that the report had a realtor's name and dollar figures and neighborhoods...and that he did some digging with people he trusts and that the report was completely true.

The original report on Inside Texas gives more details about Terry Saban's trip to Austin, including realtor information, ties with that agent to the athletic department, shady real estate dealings in Alabama, and Saban's relationship with Texas athletic department employees who likely helped set up the meeting. However, the report concedes that Mrs. Saban stated that she was only interested in purchasing a "vacation home" in the area.

So what is to be made of this report? With the backing of major players like ESPN allowing it over the airwaves and the historically accurate Jesus Shuttlesworth detailing her trip, it would be ignorant to just treat as hearsay. But it does lead to some important questions that need to be asked.

Why would Saban, the most methodical man in the country, allow his wife to travel to Austin at a time when the Texas coaching vacancy is all but announced? Did Saban think that this trip could have been done in secrecy? Does he really care if it gets out? (We've seen how he's treated job exits before.) Is Austin actually a city where people vacation?

It'll be interesting to see how this one plays out as the Nick Saban-to-Texas rumors continue apace.

Update (3:50pm)- ESPN Austin's Erin Hogan is also confirming these rumors, including intel from someone inside Travis County's sheriff's office who claims to have helped with Mrs. Saban's security.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Buh-Bye
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 06:12:32 PM »
There are going to be alot of pissed of Texas fans when this doesn't happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 06:23:36 PM »

You'd better hope so.  Otherwise, there will be a lot of "falling down stairs" calls throughout the state.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 07:17:06 PM »
You'd better hope so.  Otherwise, there will be a lot of "falling down stairs" calls throughout the state.
Yup and doorknobs will become Public Enemy #1.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 07:27:08 PM »
Mike Raita will shit all over himself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 09:21:50 PM »
I'm guessing this is just a Summer Vacation house that they're looking at, in Austin, Texas...Nothing to see here, someone that looks just like Terry Saban (same person in the Tom Albetar picture), someone hacked a journalist's account and wrote the article, #StruggleOverWit
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 09:24:32 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 09:37:10 PM »
Chizad - you are needed on aisle five

@CapstoneReport

Dear Auburn fans, your fantasy of NCAA problems turned to nothing, and so will your dreams of Saban house hunting in Austin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 09:47:42 PM »
I'm guessing this is just a Summer Vacation house that they're looking at, in Austin, Texas...Nothing to see here, someone that looks just like Terry Saban (same person in the Tom Albetar picture), someone hacked a journalist's account and wrote the article, #StruggleOverWit
Halloween is next week, sure it wasn't someone wearing a witch's mask early?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 10:22:11 PM »
Mike Raita will shit all over himself.

:popcorn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 11:20:20 PM »
I hate to assume this question has already been asked, but then find out nobody has asked it...are they sure it was not for their son and daughter-in-law? Has somebody got Mrs. Saban on record as saying they were looking for a "vacation home"? I mean, come on, who vacations in Austin Texas? UAT is sitting at #1 and looking down the barrel of another possible MNC, so if he was considering the Texas job, would he really be dumb enough to be sending his wife to look at homes in Austin right now? Mark me down as skeptical.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 07:46:53 AM »
I am hoping this is not true. You if/when AU beats bama this year, I don't want the bammers using this as an excuse of why they lost. I know, I know, they will find a perfectly normal excuse but just not this one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 09:00:42 AM »
I hate to assume this question has already been asked, but then find out nobody has asked it...are they sure it was not for their son and daughter-in-law? Has somebody got Mrs. Saban on record as saying they were looking for a "vacation home"? I mean, come on, who vacations in Austin Texas? UAT is sitting at #1 and looking down the barrel of another possible MNC, so if he was considering the Texas job, would he really be dumb enough to be sending his wife to look at homes in Austin right now? Mark me down as skeptical.

It's not true.

But fuck him.  The more distractions he and his team have to deal with the better. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

noxin

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 09:27:14 AM »
@CapstoneReport

Dear Auburn fans, your fantasy of NCAA problems turned to nothing, and so will your dreams of Saban house hunting in Austin.

Dear CapstoneReport, please overcome your inferiority complex and direct your nonsense towards Texas fans where they belong
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 11:24:20 AM »

Gotta agree with the goat molestor here.

Ain't gonna happen. If the employer who had the biggest bank account was everything, wal mart would be full of Harvard grads. Saban fits in at UTeasip like vandy vol on a basketball court.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 11:33:54 AM »
Gotta agree with the goat molestor here.

Ain't gonna happen. If the employer who had the biggest bank account was everything, wal mart would be full of Harvard grads. Saban fits in at UTeasip like vandy vol on a basketball court.

Why do you hate Spud Webb?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 11:42:40 AM »
I don't think he's going to UT either. There are other colleges in Austin ya know. Austin Community college or St Edwards. I think he wants to start winding down. He's starting to mellow, like piss in a toilet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2013, 08:00:55 PM »
Since most ITT think weeman stays, I'll play devil's advocate. First off like Ranger pointed out who the fuck looks for vacation spots in Austin Texas of all places? Noone outside of anyone who either went to college at Texas or lived in the state of Texas. So now the obvious Q. Was it her? Lots of media and other folks seem to believe so. I mean is it really coincidence that Texas fans are printing up the shirts and low and behold the weeones wife pops up looking at real estate? The Guy is the biggest sleaze in all CFB. Anyone think he gives a single fuck about UAT? No its all about his legacy. He knows he is on the mountaintop right now and he also knows his run at UAT will end sooner rather than later. Instead of peaking and coming down, imagine the hype he would receive if he was able to bring back the Horns and win 3 titles at 3 different schools. Ego. Also ones got to wonder with Mo Couch still sitting his ass on the bench maybe their is an open investigation into the matter and weeone knows the shits about to hit the fan. I'd imagine nothing would piss him off more than having a trophy stripped from his legacy due to some dumbass redneck UAT booster like John Phillips who lively hood depends on the programs success and his connection to it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 05:43:43 AM »
Hopefully he coaches at Turdville maybe three more years and Gus beats him twice. However the success of Gus v. Saban would bring on rumors of other schools showing interest in him.

Mora Jr. is far more suited for the NFL with his demeanor but I think Kyle Whittingham at this point is the best of all worlds as a HC for an NFL club, USC or Texas. JMO!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2013, 09:40:58 AM »
Hopefully he coaches at Turdville maybe three more years and Gus beats him twice. However the success of Gus v. Saban would bring on rumors of other schools showing interest in him.

Mora Jr. is far more suited for the NFL with his demeanor but I think Kyle Whittingham at this point is the best of all worlds as a HC for an NFL club, USC or Texas. JMO!

This is what I'm thinking. I don't want him to quit while he's ahead.

Saban has not yet reached a record against Auburn as good as Stallings', the only other coach since Bear (of nine coaches) to post a winning record on us during his stay.

The playing field is leveling. I want to even the Iron Bowl record during his tenure up first. I want him to end his stay on a down note, as Bear did. It was cathartic and symbolic. As I'm sure Bama fans feel about Tuberville's last stand. All empires must crumble.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2013, 01:46:46 PM »
This is what I'm thinking. I don't want him to quit while he's ahead.

Saban has not yet reached a record against Auburn as good as Stallings', the only other coach since Bear (of nine coaches) to post a winning record on us during his stay.

The playing field is leveling. I want to even the Iron Bowl record during his tenure up first. I want him to end his stay on a down note, as Bear did. It was cathartic and symbolic. As I'm sure Bama fans feel about Tuberville's last stand. All empires must crumble.
Honestly, I think he will retire after the next title that he wins.  Even if it's this year.  Assuming that he wins another in the next 2-3 years, anyway.  I will be pretty surprised if he is the coach by the 2015 season either way.  He's old as fuck, and I just don't see him trying to unfuck Texas this late in the game.  I know you will laugh, but I really believe him when he says that this is his last stop.  Not because I hope he stays forever and ever and ever, but because it actually makes sense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler