Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dan Uggla - SEC referee?

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Dan Uggla - SEC referee?
« on: October 02, 2013, 02:05:39 PM »
He's blind, obviously.  He's also stupid.  Has a career ahead of him as an SEC ref in Tuscaloosa.

Braves apparently set to leave Uggla off the NLDS roster (good thing) despite the fact that he's the highest paid player on the team.

“It’s his ball club,” Uggla said. “I’ve got to respect the decision that he made. Do I agree with it? Once again and I’ve reiterated this a lot of times – no absolutely not. I don’t think we’re a better ball club with me on the bench. But he’s the manager. I’ve got to respect his decision.”

Really?

Uggla batted .179 with 22 home runs and a .671 OPS in 136 games.

Since having vision surgery in August, he batted .133 with one home run and a .508 OPS in the 77 plate appearances.

He struck out 171 times.  That's more than Andres Big Cat ever did in Atlanta and he had a reputation for whiffing.  Side note: The Uptons struck out more than 300 times combined. 

That's the equivalent of closing your eyes and swinging at every pitch thrown. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Dan Uggla - SEC referee?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 02:14:56 PM »
Maybe he couldn't reach the pitches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 02:29:58 PM »
Maybe he couldn't reach the pitches.

It's the bat isn't it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 02:41:52 PM »
So they chopped him from the post season roster? I'd be mad as a T-Rex too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 02:58:08 PM »
Guess Christmas bonuses may be a little light this year.

He may have to give everyone jelly of the month club.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Token

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 03:48:08 PM »
He's blind, obviously.  He's also stupid.  Has a career ahead of him as an SEC ref in Tuscaloosa.

Braves apparently set to leave Uggla off the NLDS roster (good thing) despite the fact that he's the highest paid player on the team.

Really?

Uggla batted .179 with 22 home runs and a .671 OPS in 136 games.

Since having vision surgery in August, he batted .133 with one home run and a .508 OPS in the 77 plate appearances.

He struck out 171 times.  That's more than Andres Big Cat ever did in Atlanta and he had a reputation for whiffing.  Side note: The Uptons struck out more than 300 times combined. 

That's the equivalent of closing your eyes and swinging at every pitch thrown.

You forgot to mention that he finished with the worst batting average EVER for a second baseman with at least 500 at-bats.  Or maybe just having a .179 average already implies that information.

My only problem is BJ isn't on the bench with him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 04:21:14 PM »
You forgot to mention that he finished with the worst batting average EVER for a second baseman with at least 500 at-bats.  Or maybe just having a .179 average already implies that information.

My only problem is BJ isn't on the bench with him.

I liked this post. 

I heard the Braves were only out of first for one day this season.  They seemed to keep a decent lead over Washington most of the season but if memory serves, they really went on a tear and put the division away when JayHey went to lead off.  Plunked in the jaw and they really just limped through September.  Don't think they were .500 for the month and under .225 as a team.  I'm hoping him being back will spark them again.  However...

I don't look for much in the opener.  Kershaw is just plain nasty. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 07:00:04 PM »
I liked this post. 

I heard the Braves were only out of first for one day this season.  They seemed to keep a decent lead over Washington most of the season but if memory serves, they really went on a tear and put the division away when JayHey went to lead off.  Plunked in the jaw and they really just limped through September.  Don't think they were .500 for the month and under .225 as a team.  I'm hoping him being back will spark them again.  However...

I don't look for much in the opener.  Kershaw is just plain nasty.

I like you also.

And if we see Kershaw twice, we won't see the NLCS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 08:50:35 PM »
Think he'll need any help moving out of Atlanta?  Because I know somebody that could help.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 09:52:49 AM »
Think he'll need any help moving out of Atlanta?  Because I know somebody that could help.

As long as it doesn't involve lifting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 03:48:32 PM »
Sounds like he knows the format.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions