Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

MOTHER FUCKIN OBAMACARE

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: MOTHER FUCKIN OBAMACARE
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2013, 01:42:21 PM »
As state- and federal-run health insurance exchanges debuted across the country offering a range of prices for different tiers of insurance coverage, the new online marketplaces -- which represent the centerpiece of Obamacare -- could greatly benefit more than 40 million Americans who now lack coverage. But an additional 16 million -- who buy individual health insurance policies on the open market -- are finding out that their plans may not comply with the new law, which requires 10 essential benefits such as maternity care, mental health care and prescription drug coverage.

http://www.mercurynews.com/nation-world/ci_24248486/obamacares-winners-and-losers-bay-area
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2013, 02:48:58 PM »
I work for a health insurance company.

Granted, it's medicare, so our copays especially won't fluctuate much.

CMS, which is the government agency that regulates and funds us, is giving us less money because of the Affordable Care Act. We're passing that cost on to the Providers (hospitals & doctors). Some insurance companies aren't and are either raising their costs, or absorbing them and scaling back.

So in short, my insurance is the same, with the only difference being an option to opt into Obamacare if I want.

And the tinfoil shit about Insurance companies making out like bandits because of Obamacare is, like I said, as far from the truth as you can get.

I would say the opposite.  I would say that eventually this will destroy private healthcare providers.  Private insurance is going to need to revamp policies in order to stay complaint and this will cost their prices to go up to a point that the exchange will be cheaper even though it is super shitty insurance.  Or at least that is what I see happening.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2013, 03:44:49 PM »
I would say the opposite.  I would say that eventually this will destroy private healthcare providers.  Private insurance is going to need to revamp policies in order to stay complaint and this will cost their prices to go up to a point that the exchange will be cheaper even though it is super shitty insurance.  Or at least that is what I see happening.

Uh. That was the plan all along...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2013, 05:12:01 PM »
#Ding-Ding-Ding-winner-winner-Chicken-Dinner!    #winning
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 05:13:45 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: MOTHER fudgeIN OBAMACARE
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2013, 05:39:07 PM »
Who is your insurance with?

BCBS Alabama, but really my company self insures.  Blue Cross just underwrites and negotiates payments, all the money comes from Boeing (maybe that's how all companies do it, IDK).  My family major medical deductible went from $300 per member with a max of $600 total to $400 per member with a max of $1200.

So I guess it doubled not tripled, still sucks.  With three kids I have not had a year where I have failed to max out the deductible, and then after that it is 10% of costs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2013, 05:54:04 PM »

Nuh uh, it's so the insurance companies and corporations can get super rich.

#Ding-Ding-Ding-winner-winner-Chicken-Dinner!    #winning

Way to not totally contradict yourself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2013, 06:34:15 PM »
Nuh uh, it's so the insurance companies and corporations can get super rich.

Way to not totally contradict yourself.

I'm too broadminded. It's a no-brainer to know that there is more than one agenda and purpose behind every fucking shitty piece of legislation those wannabes in DC draft. I'll contradict my self in the War Eagle forum all by myself.
 :haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2013, 11:56:53 AM »
I stole this.

I wanted to let you know that earlier today I received my "Obamacare enrollment packet” from the White House
It contained:
An aspirin and a band-aid.
An 'Obama Hope & Change' bumper sticker
A 'Bush's Fault' yard sign
A 'Blame Republicans first, then anybody and everybody' poster
A 'Tax the Rich' banner
An application for unemployment and a free cellphone
An application for food stamps
A prayer rug
A letter assigning my debt to my grandchildren
And lastly, a coupon for a machine that blows smoke up my ass.
Everything was made in "China" and all directions were in Spanish.
Keep an eye out. Yours should be arriving soon.

As much as I hate Bush, I believe I do miss the motherfucker.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2013, 10:07:34 AM »
BCBS Alabama, but really my company self insures.  Blue Cross just underwrites and negotiates payments, all the money comes from Boeing (maybe that's how all companies do it, IDK).  My family major medical deductible went from $300 per member with a max of $600 total to $400 per member with a max of $1200.

So I guess it doubled not tripled, still sucks.  With three kids I have not had a year where I have failed to max out the deductible, and then after that it is 10% of costs.
The municipality that I work for is self insured as well.  Same deal with BCBS.  My premium didn't change, but now I have to pay a co-pay for things like MRIs, and various other diagnostic-type stuff that I used to get for free.  Deductible went up some as well.

I agree with others in this thread.  The plan was never to try to make the insurance companies rich.  Quite the opposite.  It was meant to break them.  It was meant to make premiums and other benefits go up to the point that you can't afford it anymore, and you have to get an Obamacare plan.  Which won't give you nearly the coverage that you used to have. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2013, 10:10:39 AM »
The municipality that I work for is self insured as well.  Same deal with BCBS.  My premium didn't change, but now I have to pay a co-pay for things like MRIs, and various other diagnostic-type stuff that I used to get for free.  Deductible went up some as well.

I agree with others in this thread.  The plan was never to try to make the insurance companies rich.  Quite the opposite.  It was meant to break them.  It was meant to make premiums and other benefits go up to the point that you can't afford it anymore, and you have to get an Obamacare plan.  Which won't give you nearly the coverage that you used to have.

Now now. 
That's just that elitist attitude of yours showing through.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2013, 07:32:56 PM »
As many if you know, my grandmother just passed away. She spent 7 days at UAB in hospice.

Well, we just got the bill. Around 60K.

We'll since obummercare kicked in, the law for Medicare changed in 2012 so that now:

Since she died and was on Medicare, Medicare dies not want to pay. So they billed her estate and have put a lien on her house.

This legislation will end up causing a civil war.

If your folks are old, start moving assets now!

BTW. This is not just her. My other grandmother died a couple of months ago, but she was at home. Well, we just got a $4000 bill for hospice coming by the house the last month of her life.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 07:35:56 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2013, 08:48:26 PM »

BTW. This is not just her. My other grandmother died a couple of months ago, but she was at home. Well, we just got a $4000 bill for hospice coming by the house the last month of her life.

Hospice is paid via flat fee of around $36000 per person. Anything over that has to be paid another way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2013, 06:55:15 AM »

This.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2013, 09:36:00 AM »
We'll since obummercare kicked in, the law for Medicare changed in 2012 so that now:

Since she died and was on Medicare, Medicare dies not want to pay. So they billed her estate and have put a lien on her house.

What is the change for Medicare?  I understand they are not paying, but I didn't know what their reason is.

If they plan on using Medicaid, then you'll want to make sure they transfer the assets early enough so that it doesn't interfere with their eligibility.

Also, you may not necessarily have to transfer assets completely (unless you're trying to make someone eligible for Medicaid).  All you'd really need to do is prevent assets from going into an estate where they could be reached by creditors.  If a house is jointly titled in a parent's and child's name so that there is a right of survivorship for the child, then the house automatically goes to the child upon the death of the parent.  Because it was jointly titled, it does not go into the decedent's estate.  Same with vehicles, bank accounts, etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2013, 11:10:28 AM »
Got word yesterday my bcbs plan premium is going up 20% for next year. No idea if deductibles will go up but they did say copays will now be charged for many things that did not have one before.

"If you like your plan you can keep it. Nothing will change."

"Insurance premiums will go down an average of 2500 per year."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2013, 11:14:39 AM »
Every day, I keep hearing more and more horror stories.  Premium went up $300.00/month....went up 20%....got a bill and lien on the estate for $60K....

Unfortunately, the only problem I see any focus on is that the website for ObamaCare is F'd up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2013, 11:19:16 AM »
Mine went up $390 month. Thanks Obama! You are da man!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2013, 11:40:57 AM »
Anecdotal story:

Lady from back home, Type II Diabetes, unable to get anybody to insure her, thank God that Obama has come to the rescue.  Called Obamacare help line, told her that her insurance premiums would be $600 a month and would cap at $14000 a year of coverage.  She said she couldn't afford that, was told that her penalty would be $4000 a year for not having insurance.

So luckily the government came to her aid.  Instead of not being able to get coverage because of pre-existing conditions she can now not be able to afford coverage and get penalized for it.  USA! USA!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2013, 12:08:08 PM »
Anecdotal story:

Lady from back home, Type II Diabetes, unable to get anybody to insure her, thank God that Obama has come to the rescue.  Called Obamacare help line, told her that her insurance premiums would be $600 a month and would cap at $14000 a year of coverage.  She said she couldn't afford that, was told that her penalty would be $4000 a year for not having insurance.

So luckily the government came to her aid.  Instead of not being able to get coverage because of pre-existing conditions she can now not be able to afford coverage and get penalized for it. USA! USA!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2013, 12:40:49 PM »
Anecdotal story:

So luckily the government came to her aid.  Instead of not being able to get coverage because of pre-existing conditions she can now not be able to afford coverage and get penalized for it.  USA! USA!

This is what I'm talking about.  How long before the people revolt?  Will they revolt against this crap? 

Suddenly, John Doe is strapped with an additional $350.00/month payment.  Not in the budget for the Doe family.  The Doe's were planning a trip to the mountains next month but now, it's not such a good idea.  In the coming weeks, there are several times when they decide to forego their usual dinner out at La Parilla or Longhorn's.  They also think they'd better start looking closer at the prices when grocery shopping at teh Publix.  The ribeye steaks they grill out most every Friday night will now instead be cheeseburgers.

Poor, pitiful Doe family?  Nope.  No waaambulance needed.  Just lacing em' up a little tighter and making adjustments.  But wait....now multiply the Doe family by a few million.  That many less trips taken.  That many fewer nights out at a restaurant.  Overall household spending is now cut by a few skwazillion every month.  Less spending means more and more businesses have to close their doors. Less spending means....well, no need to analyze it any further.  Too much simple logic can warp one's mind.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."