Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tom Clancy dead at age 66

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Tom Clancy dead at age 66
« on: October 02, 2013, 12:34:23 PM »
http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=830346&ocid=ansent11

He was kinda my hero- guy sold insurance his whole life and then said fuckit I'm going for my dream. Cranked out THFRO and the CIA lost their shit. Interrogated him as a spy cause they thought he knew too much about our military, and he had to prove it was all publilc info (this was before the internet.) Quite a guy. Did fuckton of work for kids cancer charities too. 66 was too young.

Farewell Tom.  :sad:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 12:36:50 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Tom Clancy dead at age 66
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 01:56:34 PM »
http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=830346&ocid=ansent11

He was kinda my hero- guy sold insurance his whole life and then said fuckit I'm going for my dream. Cranked out THFRO and the CIA lost their shit. Interrogated him as a spy cause they thought he knew too much about our military, and he had to prove it was all publilc info (this was before the internet.) Quite a guy. Did fuckton of work for kids cancer charities too. 66 was too young.

Farewell Tom.  :sad:

Agree totally. Dude was awesome.

And an NRA member too. To Tom  :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 02:16:51 PM »
Rainbow 6 is one of my all time favorite books (as is Without Remorse)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 02:17:55 PM »
Rainbow 6 is one of my all time favorite books (as is Without Remorse) video games

FIXT
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 02:23:55 PM »
Surprised to hear this today.  My favorite book of his was definitely Red Storm Rising, favorite Jack Ryan book was Patriot Games.  Best movie adaptation was Hunt For Red October even if Harrison Ford was 10X the Jack Ryan that Alec Baldwin was.  Sum of All Fears never happened, you hear me!  Ben Affleck playing Ryan was a bigger affront than it will be when he plays Batman.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 02:27:44 PM »
FIXT

Love just about all of the games based off his shit. Still play the first Ghost recon and 6 for original xbox.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 03:13:02 PM »
Rainbow 6 is one of my all time favorite books (as is Without Remorse)

Love both of these, plus Executive Orders.  In the last one, Clancy wrote a President Jack Ryan who was not afraid to take it to the bastards who thought this country was too weak to respond due to the airplane bombing of the Capitol.  LOVE that book.  You do NOT fuck with that man's family. 

And Harrison Ford will always be Jack Ryan to me.  Patriot Games is an excellent book.

Rainbow 6 is just one non-stop bad ass moment after another.  Wish we had more Mr. Clarks and Dings. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 10:59:56 PM »
Didn't he kill off Jack Ryan so his ex wife would get no future profits off it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 03:29:31 PM »
Didn't he kill off Jack Ryan so his ex wife would get no future profits off it?

Never heard this story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 11:41:08 PM »
Never heard this story.

I remember it a long time ago. His wife was asking for half of everything he made on future books/characters that he created while they were together (mainly Jack Ryan). So he said OK, and then said he would kill him off and start a new series. I thought I heard it on Boortz or Limbaugh way back in the day when I listened a little. I could never take a lot of either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.