Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What a shitty way to die

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
What a shitty way to die
« on: August 08, 2008, 09:13:34 PM »
Grandad is killed by cat's faeces

GRANDAD was killed by his beloved cat after catching a deadly bug from its faeces in his garden, an inquest heard.
Retired businessman Victor Lepford, 71, is thought to have contracted E.coli from handling soiled grass clippings.

Mr Lepford’s widow Eunice told the hearing their cat Poppet usually went to the toilet on the lawn rather than in the flower borders at their home in Prestbury, Gloucs.

She and her husband, known as Bob, doted on the moggy after taking it in from a rescue home 12 years ago.

The inquest heard Poppet had been vomiting just before Mr Lepford fell ill last year. He was rushed to hospital with sickness and diarrhoea and died a month later despite treatment including drugs and surgery.

Pathologist Professor Neil Shepherd said his death was due to abdominal infection from the C-diff and E.coli bugs.

Consultant Dr Chitra Arummughan said there were three possible causes of the E.coli infection — food, travel and contact with animals.

Gloves

Food and travel were ruled out in Mr Lepford’s case but Dr Arummughan said: “He attended to cat faeces without gloves.”

After the inquest in Gloucester Mrs Lepford, 68, said her husband would never have blamed Poppet, now 14.

She said he always used a shovel to clear up the cat’s mess but that he would have handled grass cuttings after mowing the lawn.

Verdict: Accidental death.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1535387.ece
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."