Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week 2

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Thoughts - Week 2
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2013, 10:48:59 AM »
Screw who we were playing, what I enjoyed most was that we showed improvement from one game to the next.  We never did that last year at any point. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2013, 10:55:13 AM »
Screw who we were playing, what I enjoyed most was that we showed improvement from one game to the next.  We never did that last year at any point.

That's all I've been saying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2013, 11:03:30 AM »
Ya'll need to get your heads right.  ASU doesn't beat Auburn ever.  Not last year, not this year, not in 1979, not in 1998, not in 2008.  Not ever.  Our worst day, their best day.  It doesn't happen. 

That's how I felt too. Everybody keeps saying last years team would have lost. maybe the team at the end of the season. The one at the beginning of the season was still full of delusion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2013, 11:07:15 AM »
I know and when this all gets sorted out, I think you and me should get an apartment together!

I miss your musk...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2013, 11:21:17 AM »
That's how I felt too. Everybody keeps saying last years team would have lost. maybe the team at the end of the season. The one at the beginning of the season was still full of delusion.
Then how, in your estimation, did it take a miracle to beat ULM in overtime by a field goal in week 3? You know, the team that lost to Arkansas State 45-23, and also LA-Lafayette 40-24. Arkansas State beat ULL 50-27.

In other words, they weren't even a good Sunbelt team and we won by the narrowest of possible margins.

The Sunbelt champions would certainly have beaten us. There is a 0.000000% chance we would have beaten them by as many points as we did this year. It is as much a fact as the sun will rise in the morning.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 11:22:57 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2013, 11:23:29 AM »
Then how, in your estimation, did it take a miracle to beat ULM in overtime by a field goal in week 3? You know, the team that lost to Arkansas State 45-23, and also LA-Lafayette 40-24.

In other words, they weren't even a good Sunbelt team and we won by the narrowest of possible margins.

The Sunbelt champions would certainly have beaten us. There is a 0.000000% chance we would have beaten them by as many points as we did this year. It is as much a fact as the sun will rise in the morning.

But they still won. They didn't lay down and grab their balls until after the Clemson beatdown (and the delusion was gone). So how do you explain that they still won?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2013, 11:24:54 AM »
Then how, in your estimation, did it take a miracle to beat ULM in overtime by a field goal in week 3? You know, the team that lost to Arkansas State 45-23, and also LA-Lafayette 40-24. Arkansas State beat ULL 50-27.

This discussion needs to die, so I'll try to kill it the best way I know how -

Anyone claiming that last year's team would have beaten Arkansas State simply because Auburn is Auburn and Arkansas State is Arkansas State is suffering a Bammerism.  For other examples of Bammerisms, see Alabama fans' reactions to the 2003 season, the 2nd half of the Iron Bowl in 2004, the 2nd half of the Iron Bowl in 2005, or the entire Mike Shula tenure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2013, 11:27:35 AM »
Fun Fact: 2010 Auburn, the best Auburn team since at least 2004, and the only National Champions of my lifetime, beat Arkansas State by 30 points, 56-26. That was before Harsin, Malzahn, or Freeze. They really were a nobody at that time.

We beat them 38-9 this time. 29 points.

To say that we would have the same or better result during the worst season in program history is perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2013, 11:30:53 AM »
Fun Fact: 2010 Auburn, the best Auburn team since at least 2004, and the only National Champions of my lifetime, beat Arkansas State by 30 points, 56-26. That was before Harsin, Malzahn, or Freeze. They really were a nobody at that time.

To say that we would have the same or better result during the worst season in program history is perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board.

I only said they would win. RIF
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2013, 11:33:33 AM »

If we'd played Alabama A&M after falling to Clemson what would you have said then? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2013, 11:39:40 AM »
If we'd played Alabama A&M after falling to Clemson what would you have said then?
I'm not so sure we would have shown improvement last year.

Besides you said Washington State was a horrible team too, so we showed improvement over two horrible teams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2013, 11:49:04 AM »
I'm just glad I don't 99% should bumps when the AU D is trying to freakn tackle somebody. This year, I'm seeing some poppin and gang tackling going on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2013, 12:09:10 PM »

As have most my friend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2013, 03:08:26 PM »
I only said they would win. RIF
This was for you (hence the quote function), with a little bit for Kaos sprinkled in.

This was for Kaos. Hence no quote function.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2013, 03:23:59 PM »
I don't do quote functions. They are before my time!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2013, 03:39:29 PM »
WSU and ASU.  About equal talent IMO.  One came straight at AU for the most part while the other flung it all over the field.  Decent ball clubs capable of beating a lot of teams on any given night. So, good tests for a team coming off the most shittastic of fail seasons. 

Against WSU, we had to (And did) fight til the final bell.  Made enough plays on D and special teams to win, with a great night from Corey Grant.  This past Saturday, got stronger on D as the night went on to the point that we owned them in the 4th.  The offense was much more balanced with Marshall playing better, 3 backs contributing and a bunch of receivers getting touches.

We improved from week 1 to week 2.  I'm still happiest to see us competing with a little of the old swagger back.  (Can you still say swagger?) 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2013, 04:08:20 PM »
  I'm still happiest to see us competing with a little of the old swagger back.  (Can you still say swagger?)

I think you have to say swagga...with an a, not an er...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2013, 05:41:38 PM »

It's cool: Snags has a swag friend. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2013, 05:53:47 PM »

My surra
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2013, 05:17:44 PM »
Just wondering since nobody mentioned. 

Missouri 41 ASU 19

"Big win for the zoos?"

Should be noted that ASU was up 16-14 in the third before Miss-zoo went nuts. Should also be noted that Misszoo was throwing passes with two minutes left to pad the score.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.