• Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
And Fuck Charles Hollis...
« on: October 04, 2013, 04:04:09 PM »
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/10/the_picker_forget_logic_auburn.html

The Picker: Forget logic, Auburn pulls surprise against Ole Miss

Charles Hollis
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on October 04, 2013 at 6:11 AM

One of the many Auburn low points in 2012 was the 41-20 disaster  in Oxford.

For the Rebels, it was their  first SEC win in two years, snapping a 16-game conference losing streak. For Auburn,  it was one of those woodshed whippings. Just 213 total yards, 60 in the second half.  The defense gave up 451 yards (251 passing, 200 rushing) and  made Bo Wallace look like Johnny Manziel.

Wallace ran for two touchdowns, passed for another and scored the game's first points on a throwback from Randall Mackey that covered 25 yards.

Unless Auburn's defense shows up against what's supposed to be one of the SEC's best offenses, Saturday's game in Jordan-Hare Stadium could be more of the same.
No. 24 Ole Miss (3-1) getting shut out by Alabama last week probably doesn't help the Rebels' mood, either.

This week's picks:

Ole Miss vs. Auburn
Let's look at this game in a logical way which, for most Auburn fans, is not going to happen this lifetime.

Auburn has a newcomer at quarterback, a fair-to-meddlin' running game and, maybe -- maybe -- a decent pass catcher in sophomore Sammie Coates. The Rebels' offense has four legit playmakers with allace, running back Jeff Scott and wide receivers Laquon Treadwell and Donte Moncrief.

The Rebels' defense has just about every starter back and the Tigers, they rank  near the bottom of the SEC in most every defensive category.

So let's throw logic out the stadium and figure with 2  1/2-point-underdog Auburn coming off a bye week, playing at night in Jordan-Hare Stadium, where the Rebels haven't won since 2003, and Rebels coach Hugh Freeze still trying to figure out how his  big-time offense got skunked 25-0 at Alabama, this is as good a time as any to buy into an upset.
Auburn 35, Ole Miss 31

Georgia State vs. Alabama
As a  56-point favorite, no wonder the top-ranked team in the nation has plenty of tickets left.
Alabama 63, Georgia State 0

What the fuck was the point of that jab? He goes against his own logic that apparently Auburn fans are incapable of possessing in his prediction anyway.

Fuck that guy.
 :fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: And Fuck Charles Hollis...
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 04:07:16 PM »
Well, I have my popcorn ready for the Twitter battle.  $10 on Chad is the opening bet. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 04:08:54 PM »
Noticed this on his bio:

I was the first full-time Auburn beat reporter and I've been an Alabama beat reporter and college football editor for The News.

Wow surprising.  This guy was once responsible for writing fully about Auburn.  I'm sure it was fair and balanced and promotional for the team. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: And fudge Charles Hollis...
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 04:19:41 PM »
I'm not sure how people figure that a team shut down and out by Alabama's defense (which has been suspect) is supposed to hang somewhere in the neighboorhood of 28-42 on AU (based on predictions I've seen).

I know we don't pay our kids like Bama does, but is there that much of a difference?  Has this UM offense done anything against decent teams? 

Texas, for God's sake, gave up 30 to Iowa State, equaling ISU's point total from a year ago.

Vandy has beaten Austin Peed, AMass and UAB, but is giving up 35-plus in two losses to SEC teams (one being Ole Miss)

Their other win came against somebody named SEMO and I'm not even sure what that is. 

They got a bump for beating Texas, but that's clearly no big thing these days.  I don't know that they're all that. 

I think we score more on them than Bama did.  I didn't see anything about their offense that impressed me. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 04:36:36 PM »
I'm not sure how people figure that a team shut down and out by Alabama's defense (which has been suspect) is supposed to hang somewhere in the neighboorhood of 28-42 on AU (based on predictions I've seen).

I know we don't pay our kids like Bama does, but is there that much of a difference?  Has this UM offense done anything against decent teams? 

Texas, for God's sake, gave up 30 to Iowa State, equaling ISU's point total from a year ago.

Vandy has beaten Austin Peed, AMass and UAB, but is giving up 35-plus in two losses to SEC teams (one being Ole Miss)

Their other win came against somebody named SEMO and I'm not even sure what that is. 

They got a bump for beating Texas, but that's clearly no big thing these days.  I don't know that they're all that. 

I think we score more on them than Bama did.  I didn't see anything about their offense that impressed me.
Look buddy, $180k isn't exactly chump change where I come from.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 06:30:21 PM »
Look buddy, $180k isn't exactly chump change where I come from.
It'll build one hell of a roof!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

jmar

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 03:50:45 PM »
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/10/the_picker_forget_logic_auburn.html

What the fuck was the point of that jab? He goes against his own logic that apparently Auburn fans are incapable of possessing in his prediction anyway.

Fuck that guy.
 :fu:
I sorta feel like Hollis I suppose. On paper we aren't better but I do think we are going to win even though logic tells me we are spotting Ole Miss a TD based on four games of deficient LB play. That alone should point to a loss yet somehow I think we overcome it and play a complete game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 11:16:33 PM »
It'll build one hell of a roof!

you rang?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."