Jerusalem cruisers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Because Global Warming
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2014, 09:36:16 AM »
I wear Crocs.  But they don't seem to go with my capri's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2014, 10:33:06 AM »
I wear Crocs.  But they don't seem to go with my capri's.

Obviously you're just not wearing the right length/color of sock with them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #123 on: February 19, 2015, 06:48:06 PM »
So anyway, what about this heat wave?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2015, 08:33:49 PM »
Cold as a step mother's kiss here in Pensacola.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2015, 07:00:09 AM »
So anyway, what about this heat wave?

Damnit man, didn't you hear?  That's why they call it "climate change".  You never have to worry about being wrong because the climate changes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2015, 08:51:53 AM »
Damnit man, didn't you hear?  That's why they call it "climate change".  You never have to worry about being wrong because the climate changes.

:thumsup:.   Oops, I mean :thumsup:!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2015, 10:10:39 AM »
mid 60's tomorrow with a chance of snow here in Dallas. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

dallaswareagle

« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2015, 11:31:46 AM »
You people are a bunch of ignorant and closed-minded idiots and you don't understand science. Just because it's cold right now does not mean that the globe isn't getting warmer. Read a freaking book. Go to a climate change seminar. Join Al Gore's mailing list.

Most of you are probably Holocaust deniers and believe that we didn't land on the moon.
Dumbasses.

Holocaust folks also landed on the moon?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #130 on: February 21, 2015, 10:13:53 PM »
It was so cold at my house yesterday morning that I saw a squirrel put an electric blanket over his nuts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2015, 09:52:34 AM »
Sat was 62 and got it 18. Today is 26 and 2" of sleet on the ground.

The climate has changed so now I believe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2016, 02:17:27 AM »
Let's fire this back up.

Alex Epstein, author of the Moral Case For Fossil Fuels, sets out the fundamental problem with the climate change industry:

..Increasing the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere from 0.03 per cent to 0.04 per cent has not caused and is not causing catastrophic runaway global warming. Dishonest references to “97 per cent of scientists” equate a mild warming influence, which most scientists agree with and more importantly can demonstrate, with a catastrophic warming influence – which most don’t agree with and none can demonstrate.

That’s it. If you accept the validity of that statement — and how can you not: it is unimpeachably accurate and verifiable — then it follows that the $1.5 trillion global warming industry represents the most grotesque misuse of manpower and scarce resources in the history of the world.

Forbes:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexepstein/2015/08/05/the-obama-clinton-one-two-blackout/#4ba131aa5d93

The man who founded weather.com follows the money (and the lunacy) of the CO2 bullshit
http://www.climatechangedispatch.com/the-amazing-story-behind-the-global-warming-scam.html

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2016, 08:15:28 AM »
Let's fire this back up.

Alex Epstein, author of the Moral Case For Fossil Fuels, sets out the fundamental problem with the climate change industry:

..Increasing the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere from 0.03 per cent to 0.04 per cent has not caused and is not causing catastrophic runaway global warming. Dishonest references to “97 per cent of scientists” equate a mild warming influence, which most scientists agree with and more importantly can demonstrate, with a catastrophic warming influence – which most don’t agree with and none can demonstrate.

That’s it. If you accept the validity of that statement — and how can you not: it is unimpeachably accurate and verifiable — then it follows that the $1.5 trillion global warming industry represents the most grotesque misuse of manpower and scarce resources in the history of the world.

Forbes:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexepstein/2015/08/05/the-obama-clinton-one-two-blackout/#4ba131aa5d93

The man who founded weather.com follows the money (and the lunacy) of the CO2 bullshit
http://www.climatechangedispatch.com/the-amazing-story-behind-the-global-warming-scam.html

Fossil fuels are also what they say in their description. They are a natural substance/oil in the earth from the remains of animals from eons of years ago. It is a natural byproduct that has occurred without our help or intervention. We simply extract it, many times refine it and use it for fuel.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2016, 08:23:38 AM »
BURN HIM! Sorcerer!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2016, 08:53:16 AM »
BURN HIM! Sorcerer!

So you are in favor of a guy who advocates ONLY green options? And not to let people have a choice amongst them all? Because that's what this guy pushes. He wants all 50 states to go total "green options only". Sorry but that is authoritarian when right now the conclusions are well, inconclusive. Right now I think we need to make ALL options available. Until we know something definitive and concrete.

Just as an aside, isn't this the guy that consults with Mark Ruffalo on this stuff?

You also have to understand he works for a research university. He gets grants. And gets paid to have this view. The mission statement of the dept he works for is to "understand why we have environmental issues such as climate change and ways to solve it". Not to see IF we have them. But to accept it as a foregone conclusion and to fix it. So that's what he is doing. Without accepting it's "real", he pretty much doesn't have a job in this dept. Part of their mission statement is accepting it exists with no debate. That's not very objective to me. It's the same way Jesse jackson and Al sharpton go find cases of racial injustice whether it is there or not. They are drumming up business. Without it they don't exist.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2016, 09:51:00 AM »
So you are in favor of a guy who advocates ONLY green options? And not to let people have a choice amongst them all? Because that's what this guy pushes. He wants all 50 states to go total "green options only". Sorry but that is authoritarian when right now the conclusions are well, inconclusive. Right now I think we need to make ALL options available. Until we know something definitive and concrete.
WHERE are you getting this from the video I posted? It's not there. I don't know what this guy may have said in other forums, but it's simply not in the video. AND EVEN IF HE DID say that in other forums, that doesn't make ANYTHING he said in this video untrue or REQUIRE that the technology he is describing here to completely and immediately REPLACE your precious coal and oil.

Just as an aside, isn't this the guy that consults with Mark Ruffalo on this stuff?
I don't know or care. Not relevant at all.

You also have to understand he works for a research university. He gets grants. And gets paid to have this view. The mission statement of the dept he works for is to "understand why we have environmental issues such as climate change and ways to solve it". Not to see IF we have them.
Well, first of all, scientists know it to be scientific fact. Just because you're not convinced doesn't mean people who actually understand this shit aren't. They're working toward a solution to the problem because the problem is settled science. Secondly, your first sentence is bitching about him working for a research university and getting grants to do so, and then every subsequent statement is bitching that WE JUST DON'T KNOW ENOUGH YET. Do you fail to see the irony in that?

And what exactly do you take issue with? 22 million new jobs? Typewriter manufacturers close shop causing people to lose their jobs, while PC manufacturers open up hiring double. Same with coal and clean energy.

The efficiency? "A gasoline car, only 17-20% of the energy in the gasoline goes to move the car, the rest is wasted heat. An electric car, of the electricity that goes to the car stored in batteries, 80-86% goes to move the car." Explain to me why that's bad? Why is it bad to move forward with technology and do things better when we have the technology to do so? Even if there was NO environmental benefit at all, let alone if there was even only a 1% chance it could allow us to breathe cleaner air and possibly stove off world destruction if even for an extra minute, why would that be bad? Except it's not a 1% chance, we scientifically know this to be true like we know the Earth revolves around the sun.

You're sitting here saying you're open to alternate renewable energy to compete in the open market while simultaneously bashing this guy for simply talking about introducing it to the open market. Explaining why it is better than the energy we currently rely on. For some reason that PISSES some of you off and you PREFER energy that is going to be more expensive, less efficient, is guaranteed to eventually run out, and we know as scientific fact to be causing irreparable damage to the planet. WHY?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 11:47:42 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2016, 10:14:37 AM »
Let's fire this back up.

Forbes:
WHO FUNDS ALEX EPSTEIN??? FOLLOW THE MONEY YOU GUYZ!

People who want to protect the environment only care about their wallets but altruistic heroes like Epstein are just taking funding from the fossil fuel industry and the Koch brothers as a necessity to preach the truth, amirite?

1) Weather ≠ Climate. Still.
2) Every single line of that drivel was thoroughly debunked. Make sure not to read it or else you may get badthoughts in your brain!
http://www.uscentrist.org/platform/positions/environment/context-environment/john_coleman/the-amazing-story-behind-the-global-warming-scam
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2016, 10:30:16 AM »
And what exactly do you take issue with? 22 million new jobs? Typewriter manufacturers close shop causing people to lose their jobs, while PC manufacturers open up hiring double. Same with coal and clean energy.

PC manufacturers were doing it because a free market was demanding it and without being propped up by gubment.

I take no issue with alternative power sources getting some helping hands here and there but it has to be in the ballpark of being economically competitive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2016, 10:41:58 AM »
PC manufacturers were doing it because a free market was demanding it and without being propped up by gubment.

I take no issue with alternative power sources getting some helping hands here and there but it has to be in the ballpark of being economically competitive.
Trivia Question: How much more tax money was wasted in the Bridge to Nowhere vs Obama's green company prop ups that quickly folded?

I don't know the answer but at least the bridge would still exist. The billions poured into at least some of those taxpayer propped up companies are in green pockets. Probably on a private island right now. But, not much outrage re: this.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 10:53:35 AM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com