Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Minutiae

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Minutiae
« on: September 02, 2013, 10:21:50 AM »
Ryan White's two-point conversion, a surprising move early in the game that was reviewed and upheld, was Auburn's first two-point conversion since Carl Stewart found Lee Guess in 2006 against Alabama.

Parkey might have missed his first attempt, a 50-yarder, but the kicker came up with a career-long on his second attempt, knocking through a 47-yard field goal.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/09/odds_and_ends_breaking_down_au.html

Marshall looked much better in an 8-of-11 second half

Once Ellis Johnson switched to mostly man-to-man coverage, Halliday was an awful 11-of-29 for 80 yards and repeatedly looked a little lost in the second half.

Auburn had 11 passes defended (interceptions plus breakups) against Washington State last night; the Tigers had just 42 passes defended all of last season.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/09/four_downs_auburns_deep_ball_w.html

And finally...

"My big deal was adversity and my head was on a swivel," Malzahn said. "I wanted to see how we handled it. That was my big question but I didn't see heads down and all that pouting. I saw some bright eyes, I saw our guys hustling on and off the field no matter what the score was and I’m proud of our guys for that.”

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/09/gus_malzahn_learns_a_whole_lot.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Minutiae
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 10:31:18 AM »

"My big deal was adversity and my head was on a swivel," Malzahn said. "I wanted to see how we handled it. That was my big question but I didn't see heads down and all that pouting. I saw some bright eyes, I saw our guys hustling on and off the field no matter what the score was and I’m proud of our guys for that.”

You have to be like that when you find yourself in a voracious cockfight.  Jake had a hand grenade.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 10:33:45 AM »
Ryan White's two-point conversion, a surprising move early in the game that was reviewed and upheld, was Auburn's first two-point conversion since Carl Stewart found Lee Guess in 2006 against Alabama.

Was this planned?  I couldn't tell at the game.  It almost looked like they were going to line up for the regular ole "we may fake it but we're definitely kicking a field goal" and then the ball was snapped. 

Once Ellis Johnson switched to mostly man-to-man coverage, Halliday was an awful 11-of-29 for 80 yards and repeatedly looked a little lost in the second half.

What most excites me is that we actually played "man-to-man" and were successful.  While some may downplay the talent level of Washington State, I think we need to remember that we were the worst team in the BCS by the end of last year.  Everyone's talent was above ours, and our guys are starting to get their football savvy back and live up to their potential.

This is huge though the real test will be how this team responds after a loss or two.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 10:58:35 AM »
What most excites me is that we actually played "man-to-man" and were successful.  While some may downplay the talent level of Washington State, I think we need to remember that we were the worst team in the BCS by the end of last year.  Everyone's talent was above ours, and our guys are starting to get their football savvy back and live up to their potential.

This is huge though the real test will be how this team responds after a loss or two.

I'm not even entertaining the thought of losing and neither should our players. It's not in the Auburn Creed anywhere, therefore, it remains out of the lexicon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 06:39:16 PM »

Very true.  But their heads are already held higher than they were at the start of last year.  I'm pretty sure (as we all are) that we are going to lose a few games.  That's when we will see how the coaches do.  They have done a good job in my opinion so far, and I expect for them get better each week. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 07:52:05 PM »
As far as being able to handle adversity - we were in it with a similar offensive display against Clemson last year, went on to be beat by Miss State and then damn near beat LSU.

We look better, but we ain't gonna be crowned shit just yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

bgreene

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 07:56:01 PM »
As far as being able to handle adversity - we were in it with a similar offensive display against Clemson last year, went on to be beat by Miss State and then damn near beat LSU.

We look better, but we ain't gonna be crowned shit just yet.

I agree.  We are a better looking team than last year, minus the LB's. But as you said we are not going to contend for anything but a winning record.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips