Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dothan Going Big Time

Re: Dothan Going Big Time
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2013, 08:37:15 AM »
Yeah but the Dicks in Dothan are small. My dicks is big.
Speaking of Dick's, does Dothan still have the condom factory?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2013, 09:29:23 AM »
Speaking of Dick's, does Dothan still have the condom factory?

You don't say much friend....but when you do it's to the point and I salute you for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2013, 09:29:58 AM »
Academy is more geared to sports. Gander is more geared to outdoors in general - camping, hiking, hunting and fishing. On guns, Gander blows Acandemy away. Pun intended. I like them both and for diferent reasons.

Still prefer Academy for fishing.  I'm more of the Hank Williams Jr. mentality on firearms, I've got a shotgun a rifle and a 4 wheel drive, and I really don't need that much else.  I can never have enough fishing gear.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

bgreene

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2013, 09:51:50 AM »
Evidently Gadsden is going big time as well.  They announced that Gander is coming to Gadsden as well, and should be open by next summer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2013, 10:27:09 AM »
Still prefer Academy for fishing.  I'm more of the Hank Williams Jr. mentality on firearms, I've got a shotgun a rifle and a 4 wheel drive, and I really don't need that much else.  I can never have enough fishing gear.

You forgot the .45!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2013, 12:25:01 PM »
You forgot the .45!

I would have to chew Beechnut too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2013, 12:36:30 PM »
Now I have loved some women
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2013, 12:56:42 PM »
Now I have loved some women
Wrong song son. -100
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2013, 01:04:03 PM »
Wrong song son. -100

The correct response is "And I have loved Jim Beam".  -1,000
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2013, 01:12:37 PM »
Would have but the discussion was not about this song. That's like going from Ray Charles Mess Around to What'd I Say. You cannot legally do that. You have to stay on topic/song. -2000
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2013, 01:48:19 PM »

"And they both tried to kill me in 1973"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2013, 02:01:56 PM »
This thread was full of win....then it went to shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, 02:18:18 PM »
"And they both tried to kill me in 1973"

This man knows.  And everyone also knows that Hank Williams Jr. never wrote a song that didn't include "my ole .45".....his shotgun....Beechnut and Jim Beam. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2013, 06:36:17 PM »
Gander Mountain is pretty "meh" if you ask me. Their gun & fishing prices are pretty high, but 3/4 of the store is usually dedicated to clothing.

Now sure I'm a little biased (much more on fishing), but Bass Pro is even worse. Gander tends to be a little more competitive in firearms prices than Bass Pro. I actually hated that the Huntsville Gander got rid of its on-site gunsmith. Gander sells used firearms.. another plus.

Bass Pro is much less on tackle hocking its own store brand shit & run of the mill stuff, and focusing more on total caricature of southern life shit. It's garbage that I can't walk in there and find a Lew's reel or night fishing lights, much less newer tackle items.. yet I can get camo headrests for a truck and fudge. WTF...

I wish they'd build a Cabela's up here, but there is decent fishing near Eufalua/George Reservoir down in Dothan. To me.. for pricing, broad spectrum of tackle available, etc.. Academy is good. I use tacklewarehouse.com and Cabelas.com a lot though if I'm actually looking for something hunting/fishing wise. To mirror another comment though, for guns? Gander>Academy (both tend to throw some competitive sales though here and there). I will say though.. ammo, Academy seems to be a smidge cheaper.

I can't comment at all on Gander, and I agree on Bass Pro shops.  It's very difficult to nail down the tackle/equipment you are seeking for particular type of fishing...in my case Salmon and Steelhead. 

At least with Cabela's they clue in to the area and offer product relevant whether it is fishing or hunting.  Plus, they put on free clinics.  It's a bit of a drive for me.  Locally, we have a Sportsman's Warehouse and Dicks.  Typically, I shop Dick's for sporting equipment, shoes and athletic apparel over outdoor stuff.   The Sportsman's Warehouse in Salem offers a great selection for the types of fishing and hunting we have in the PNW plus the employees partake in those activities and are a big help. 

REI is my go to store for clothing, backpacking and general camping gear.  You can get great stuff during their sales and through membership privileges.  Again, many of those employees have used the gear and their recommendations are solid.  Additionally, REI's brand is often highly rated. I have shopped REI for 18 years and I trust their selection.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2013, 08:06:46 PM »
I guess I'm the only one around here that goes to Western Auto for sporting goods and fishing equipment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2013, 04:00:05 PM »

Don't own a lot of fishing gear except tons of stuff for pan fishing.  99% (or 6/8ths) of the salt water fishing I do is by charter so I don't need much of anything there.  But, I keep wanting to get into surf fishing, which I'm sure I wouldn't do more than 2-3 times a year.  Any suggestions for a reliable, but not too pricey, rig I could look at? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2013, 04:17:06 PM »
Don't own a lot of fishing gear except tons of stuff for pan fishing.  99% (or 6/8ths) of the salt water fishing I do is by charter so I don't need much of anything there.  But, I keep wanting to get into surf fishing, which I'm sure I wouldn't do more than 2-3 times a year.  Any suggestions for a reliable, but not too pricey, rig I could look at?

I definitely recommend investing in a nice pair of......

hooks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2013, 04:20:06 PM »

hooks

Her nails are really manicured.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2013, 04:59:46 PM »

hooks
I'd like to lick on one of those big ole cigar minnows right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2013, 05:13:32 PM »
Wonder what kind of pole she likes to use?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions