Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Low Winter Sun

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Low Winter Sun
« on: August 13, 2013, 09:03:57 AM »
Gale from Breaking Bad.  Crazy Black dude from Walking Dead.

Huge lead in.  Terrible series name (what the !@#$% does Low Winter Sun mean and why wasn't it explained in the series opener?)

Nice visuals, but many many questions and references to things that didn't make sense. 

Found the show to be terribly overacted, the story hazy and motivations unclear. 

It didn't make enough sense and wasn't compelling enough to watch again.  I don't even know what it was about.  It needed a stronger debut to keep people hooked.  That wasn't it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Low Winter Sun
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 08:57:59 AM »
I enjoyed the first two episodes and will keep watching.  I just wish we had less of the brooding from the bald guy.

I also have no problem with the various (and as yet unformed) storylines.  It was the series premiere, for christ's sake.  If they had laid it all out, you'd bitch that the story was transparent and not worth watching.  In other words, in all likelihood you'd bitch about a blowjob because you had to take your shorts off.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:36:11 AM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 10:55:17 PM »
When the show has to have a voice-over preview to explain WTF is going on before the third episode? 

It's muddled beyond repair. 

And that's what LWS just did at the end of Breaking Bad (which was awesome, BTW).

I tried to watch the second episode and had such a hard time distinguishing between what was flashback and what was current that I gave up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 12:56:36 PM »
When the show has to have a voice-over preview to explain WTF is going on before the third episode? 

It's muddled beyond repair. 

And that's what LWS just did at the end of Breaking Bad (which was awesome, BTW).

Was that really what was going on? 

I was getting up to get something to drink when that commercial was occurring, and I thought, "Are they explaining the show?"  That's sad and that show will probably last two or three more episodes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 01:00:31 PM »
Was that really what was going on? 

I was getting up to get something to drink when that commercial was occurring, and I thought, "Are they explaining the show?"  That's sad and that show will probably last two or three more episodes.

Yep. 

Because people were saying "I want to like the show, it's got a great cast but what the @(%$ is going on?"

Ouch.

AMC's much-anticipated new cop drama Low Winter Sun lost more than half of its demo viewership in its second episode, logging a 0.5 among 18-49 year-old viewers versus last week's 1.1 rating. The total viewer number dipped, as well, with 41 percent fewer pairs of eyeballs (1.47 million) than last week. The show also lost 79 percent of its lead-in audience from smash hit Breaking Bad.

Toast.   
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 01:06:55 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 10:16:33 AM »
Yep. 

Because people were saying "I want to like the show, it's got a great cast but what the @(%$ is going on?"

Ouch.

Toast.

Yeah...and considering it is in the spot right after Breaking Bad and STILL put up shitty numbers, it is dead show walking...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions