Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Matt Pitt of The Basement Ran from Police

Token

Re: Matt Pitt of The Basement Ran from Police
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2013, 04:56:22 PM »
I think the guy is a piece of shit who is using a very large youth group to make massive amounts of money so he and his hot wife can frolic around the world on lavish trips. 

I posted this because I was more curious about the law here.  If they have an arrest warrant, can they search your home?  Can they take the keys out of your hand?  Can they block you from going upstairs with the police officer?  Can they refuse to let you hold the warrant to read it? 

These cops seem like arrogant assholes who are breaking the law, but then again, I'm no police officer and I have no idea what they go through with these kinds of searches in a criminal's home.

Yes, if law enforcement has an arrest warrant for you, they can search your residence looking for you. They have a right to look anywhere a reasonable person might believe you can hide. They cannot search a drawer next to your bed.

Yes they have a right to go into your house without your permission if the warrant is in hand.  You can give over the keys to your residence, or you can have your door kicked off the hinges. (I'd only ask nicely once). Yes they can block you from searching the residence in your presence, if they are executing an arrest warrant. Officer safety makes this one obvious.

You call them arrogant assholes who appear to be breaking the law. I call them pussies for saying please too many times.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 04:57:54 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2013, 05:21:03 PM »
Yes, if law enforcement has an arrest warrant for you, they can search your residence looking for you. They have a right to look anywhere a reasonable person might believe you can hide. They cannot search a drawer next to your bed.

Yes they have a right to go into your house without your permission if the warrant is in hand.  You can give over the keys to your residence, or you can have your door kicked off the hinges. (I'd only ask nicely once). Yes they can block you from searching the residence in your presence, if they are executing an arrest warrant. Officer safety makes this one obvious.

You call them arrogant assholes who appear to be breaking the law. I call them pussies for saying please too many times.

Another question/scenario -

I've done nothing wrong.  I have not committed a crime today or last week or any time in recent history.  Let's say I have a really good reason to believe my wife hasn't either. 

If police kick my door in or insist on taking my keys from me and only flash a warrant in front of me without letting me really read it, what rights do I have to protect myself?

If a man kicked down my door and claimed that my wife stole his suitcase of money and demanded that he search my house looking for it, I could physically detain him and if he initiated any violent acts, I could probably get away with shooting him dead in my house.

If a cop busted down my door and went upstairs while a second cop blocked me from going upstairs, what gives them the right to do so?  If I felt they were searching my house unwarranted, could I call the police on them?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Token

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2013, 05:31:06 PM »
Another question/scenario -

I've done nothing wrong.  I have not committed a crime today or last week or any time in recent history.  Let's say I have a really good reason to believe my wife hasn't either. 

If police kick my door in or insist on taking my keys from me and only flash a warrant in front of me without letting me really read it, what rights do I have to protect myself?

If a man kicked down my door and claimed that my wife stole his suitcase of money and demanded that he search my house looking for it, I could physically detain him and if he initiated any violent acts, I could probably get away with shooting him dead in my house.

If a cop busted down my door and went upstairs while a second cop blocked me from going upstairs, what gives them the right to do so?  If I felt they were searching my house unwarranted, could I call the police on them?

If they have a warrant for your wife's arrest, it doesn't matter what you feel.  You have a right to sit on the couch or go to jail.

With that said, if the police have a felony warrant for your wife's arrest, there is a damn good chance you know about it before it gets to the point of kicking in your door. When you see the police outside of your house, do you make it a point to turn your camera on and go outside to ask what they are doing?  You really think she didnt know they had a warrant for her husband's arrest?  Chances are, they already kindly knocked on the door, and because they work for an elected office, they went back to find out what someone wanted them to do next instead of kicking the door.  Most Sheriff's would rather not kick a door.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2013, 05:33:58 PM »
And here is my scenario for you. Your wife gets a speeding ticket and forgets to pay it.  A warrant is issued for her arrest. She gets stopped while driving, and it is learned from a license check that she has a warrant. Do you really think the officer should ride around with every arrest warrant in his vehicle in case he runs across someone with a warrant?  Are you suggesting that he shouldn't be able to arrest your wife because he doesn't have the warrant in hand?  Because it sounds like that's what you would expect before you'd let that officer remove her from your vehicle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2013, 05:46:44 PM »
And here is my scenario for you. Your wife gets a speeding ticket and forgets to pay it.  A warrant is issued for her arrest. She gets stopped while driving, and it is learned from a license check that she has a warrant. Do you really think the officer should ride around with every arrest warrant in his vehicle in case he runs across someone with a warrant?  Are you suggesting that he shouldn't be able to arrest your wife because he doesn't have the warrant in hand?  Because it sounds like that's what you would expect before you'd let that officer remove her from your vehicle.

A guy I went to high school with was speeding and outran the cop that was chasing him to his house.  He jumped out and ran in and laughed at the cop through the door that he didn't have a warrant to come in (apparently too many games of hide and go seek as a kid).  Didn't seem to matter that much as about three cops busted in the door and hauled his ass to jail.  Wasn't his last run-in with the law.  Ended up living in Atmore at the pleasure of the US penal system on several different occasions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2013, 07:39:38 PM »
Didn't any of you watch Training Day?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2013, 08:53:43 PM »
If they have a warrant for your wife's arrest, it doesn't matter what you feel.  You have a right to sit on the couch or go to jail.

With that said, if the police have a felony warrant for your wife's arrest, there is a damn good chance you know about it before it gets to the point of kicking in your door. When you see the police outside of your house, do you make it a point to turn your camera on and go outside to ask what they are doing?  You really think she didnt know they had a warrant for her husband's arrest?  Chances are, they already kindly knocked on the door, and because they work for an elected office, they went back to find out what someone wanted them to do next instead of kicking the door.  Most Sheriff's would rather not kick a door.

I'm just trying to get into this girl's shoes.  ...and pants but that's besides the point.  She truly felt they were wronging her and her property.  I was just wondering if we have any rights against the police if they are wrongfully violating our privacy and property.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2013, 09:35:14 PM »

The similarities are striking.  Except the ethnicities are reversed.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 09:36:57 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2013, 10:56:07 PM »

The similarities are striking.  Except the ethnicities are reversed.

Not even close to being the same.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2013, 11:05:30 PM »
I'm just trying to get into this girl's shoes.  ...and pants but that's besides the point.  She truly felt they were wronging her and her property.  I was just wondering if we have any rights against the police if they are wrongfully violating our privacy and property.

I get what you are saying, but how many times have the police showed up at your house and illegally searched it?  How many times have they pulled you over and illegally searched your car?  How many times have they stopped you walking down the road and illegally searched your persons? 

Im not saying there isn't police corruption, I know there is. But in 2013, in the age of cellphone videos, police officers don't randomly pick a residence out of a lottery ball machine and go dig around in people's houses. It doesn't happen. If they are there going through your personal belongings without your consent, you can be assured they have a legal reason to be there. And if they don't?  You just hit the jackpot, especially if you recorded the entire ordeal and they didn't destroy your phone. 

She knew why they were there. She knew who they were there for, and thats why the camera came out as soon as they went outside.  And Jefferson County having a warrant to be there is the reason they didn't mind the camera running.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2013, 07:51:23 AM »
Not even close to being the same.

You're right.  Macy was black.  And there was a kid in the house.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2013, 03:11:52 PM »
If I were a leprechaun and you searched my house without a warrant and I was hiding in a drawer and you opened it, I would pop a cap in your ass before you could draw. Bet on it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2013, 04:59:01 PM »
She sounds like a stupid fucking entitled bimbo...

"He's hurting my hand."

"Why do you have a gun? Are you going to kill someone?"

What a fucking dumb ass...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2013, 06:33:04 PM »
After watching the video, I see a few things those deputies did wrong. 

1. Like token stated earlier, they are pussies for asking as many times as they did.

2. While searching a residence, I'm not worried about looking at you while facing an unknown area (the hall, and bedrooms). That's a good way to get your ass shot!

3. His (the white deputy) tactics were terrible!

4. Both deputies let the female holding the camera get way to close to them, and move around the residence when they should have had them sitting on the couch.  Which brings me to my last point.

5. Both of those bitches should have ended up in handcuffs if they were not going to do as directed. Officer    Saftey!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips