Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Season ticket Holders-bump-bump

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Season ticket Holders-bump-bump
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2013, 12:12:14 PM »
Tickets shipped today  :bar: :aubie:   Section 4 Row 42 seat 9 & 10.

:pb: :taz: :ebm: :we: :aunc: :dance2: :kimclap: :brilliant: :bus: :cool:

Slightly pumped.     #winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2013, 12:24:58 PM »
Sec. 8 Row 43 Seats 9 & 10.

Or front row club level if pops wants to hook a son up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2013, 12:44:33 PM »
Section 32 Row 37
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2013, 01:51:16 PM »
X-gate location?   Any word.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2013, 02:30:47 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2013, 02:33:44 PM »
Yep

If you let me know I'll bring my tits :tits: wife.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2013, 02:35:01 PM »

Code word Tomahawk
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2013, 03:52:57 PM »
Code word Tomahawk

The monkey....has peeled....the banana.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2013, 10:02:38 PM »
Same place it always is... Corner of Wire and Samford behind the Softball fields.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2013, 12:16:28 PM »
Same place it always is... Corner of Wire and Samford behind the Softball fields.

thanks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2013, 04:21:16 PM »
Can I talk someone into saving me a parking space?  We aren't gonna get to leave the ham until around 1:30 or possibly 2:00.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2013, 11:06:33 AM »
Can I talk someone into saving me a parking space?  We aren't gonna get to leave the ham until around 1:30 or possibly 2:00.

Same here-Although we should hit campus on Sat around 2 or 3.

Can I bring anything? Beer? if so what kind?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2013, 11:46:51 AM »
For us who are rookies at this:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/8-tips-drinking-whiskey-without-140501957.html

With a staggering 400 bottles of scotch, bourbon, and rye, Noorman’s Kil bar in Brooklyn is a whiskey fan’s dream.
“We all loved whiskey and grilled cheese, so we thought, ‘Let’s go nuts with both,’” co-founder Marcel Simoneau told Business Insider.

The bar is a place for serious and casual whiskey drinkers alike (grilled cheese enthusiasts too), so we sat down with Simoneau to learn some tips on how to drink scotch and bourbon without looking like an idiot.

1. Just get to it, tipplers.

Drinkers often start with bourbon because of the taste accessibility and price point. Eventually, many connoisseurs want to move toward scotch.

So just start tasting them, Simoneau says. For a good first date, try the classic single-malt Oban 14. Another “nice and accessible” scotch stepping-stone is The Balvenie Doublewood 12, whose sherry finish gives it a sweeter taste. For fans of peatiness – the smoky flavor that results from peat firing malted barley – Simoneau recommends Laphroaig.

2. Relax. You’re not doing it wrong.

Whiskey snobs may say there’s a “right” way to drink the stuff, but just relax. Simoneau has seen every request, from a Laphroaig 10 year Manhattan (a cocktail usually prepared with rye) to Johnnie Walker Blue and ginger ale. Point being: You don’t always need to drink it neat.

Simoneau says he sometimes adds water to scotch and ice to bourbon when drinking, but the best way to really taste a whiskey is still when it's alone in a glass. Getting the full taste and aroma also looks dorky, so know your surroundings. Swirl the snifter by your nose to get a whiff. Then put the glass to your face and leave your mouth open as you sniff – you get more of the smell that way. Now take a sip and chew the scotch to let the flavor really hit you. Boom.

3. Look for “distiller’s editions.”

Trying to impress? Peruse the menu for a “distiller’s edition” scotch or bourbon. You’ll probably find a tasty, rare, and expensive treat.

4. Older is not necessarily better.

“Some people say an 8-9 year old bourbon is the sweet spot,” according to Simoneau. Don’t just go with the oldest thing you can find to look cool, even with Scotch. Age is just a number.

5. Branch out.

Everybody has staples, but don’t be afraid to do something different. You could try the High West Campfire – a wacky combination of bourbon, rye, and scotch (one hearty sip will put hair on your chest). There’s Old Pulteney’s sea salt finish or Balcones Brimstone, a Texan corn whiskey with a hint of powdered sugar.

6. Buy the app that will make sure you never pronounce anything wrong.

Go ahead and splurge $5 for Malt Whisky, a comprehensive whiskey app for your iPhone. The app comes with an essential pronunciation guide. Simoneau says a patron once asked him for a glass of “Le Frog” (apparently that’s not how you say Laphroaig).

7. Get local.

Craft distilling takes more time and effort than craft brewing, but the two industries are both in a renaissance right now. Simoneau likes to feature New York brands, like Brooklyn’s own Kings County Distillery, distiller of award-winning moonshine. Because distilling can take upwards of 10-20 years, fledgling brands will often sell colorless, un-aged "white dogs" for their first few years.

8. It’s fine to shoot flavored whiskey.

If the owner of a whiskey bar thinks it’s OK to take shots of Fireball and honey whiskey, it’s probably OK. “I’m not going to sit with it on the rocks, but it’s just fun to shoot,” Simoneau says.

There you have it. Enjoy responsibly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2013, 10:02:50 PM »
There's an old Scottish saying that I live by: "Always mix your whisky with water and your water with whisky."

Good enough for them = good enough for me!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2013, 11:24:29 AM »
There's an old Scottish saying that I live by: "Always mix your whisky with water and your water with whisky."

Good enough for them = good enough for me!

When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey and when I drink water, I drink water.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan