Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Marydoyouwanna Debate

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Marydoyouwanna Debate
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2013, 12:30:55 PM »
How hard is it to grow tobacco?  Serious question. It's easy as hell to grow weed, why buy it at the store when I can grow it for free?

Bingo.

Any other maker of something else where people get a buzz or benefit could suffer monetarily. Could.

The tobacco industry is just that. Tobacco. Them, nor alcohol makers nor a pharma company that makes painkillers want to see pot legal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2013, 01:26:26 PM »
The closest thing to individuals currently that would be able to make this fly and possibly have a chance of standing up to the federal government on the issue are individual states and their voters. 

I agree that an individual would be better but I live in the reality that in order for it to be legalized a state is going to have to do it themselves.  The only time the federal government is going to get on this bandwagon is when enough states have passed it and they then realize all the tax revenue they are missing out on. 

So once again, you want it passed overall? 

Get the states to decide they want it and the gubment gonna want dey money and pass it.
Disagree that the only way to make it legal is to make it illegal at the state level. Making it legal federally is step one. If states want to come in behind the FedGov and make it illegal, then cross that nanny-state bridge when you get there. It's still nanny state bullshit, even at the local level. It will be outlawed in Alabama for sure, and most other states with an SEC school within their borders, just like draft beer, high gravity beers, and bottles over 16 ounces, were for so long, and lottery tickets continue to be. When it comes to things the church doesn't want you doing, all of the sudden government knows best in the south.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2013, 01:49:41 PM »
Bingo.

Any other maker of something else where people get a buzz or benefit could suffer monetarily. Could.

The tobacco industry is just that. Tobacco. Them, nor alcohol makers nor a pharma company that makes painkillers want to see pot legal.
Yep. All of the aforementioned don't want to see pot legalized any more than the stress ball manufacturers want to see mastrubation legalized.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2013, 02:05:33 PM »
Disagree that the only way to make it legal is to make it illegal at the state level. Making it legal federally is step one. If states want to come in behind the FedGov and make it illegal, then cross that nanny-state bridge when you get there. It's still nanny state bullshit, even at the local level. It will be outlawed in Alabama for sure, and most other states with an SEC school within their borders, just like draft beer, high gravity beers, and bottles over 16 ounces, were for so long, and lottery tickets continue to be. When it comes to things the church doesn't want you doing, all of the sudden government knows best in the south.

Well we agree to disagree. 

All this being said I give less than two fucks about it because there are much larger issues these politicians should be concerning themselves with.  I view this as one more distraction the fuckers use to occupy the masses with.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2013, 02:16:29 PM »

All this being said I give less than two fucks about it because there are much larger issues these politicians should be concerning themselves with.  I view this as one more distraction the fuckers use to occupy the masses with.
Again: An argument for legalization. Let's drop the debate and end prohibition. Let's stop wasting tax dollars and government money on enforcing a failed drug war and overpopulating our prisons.

The default is not to senselessly ban it for no good reason.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2013, 02:48:37 PM »

Although I do agree it is used as a red herring, getting in the way seems to use more money and resources than just simply getting out of the way at the federal level and letting the states do their thing. Let this thing go the way of the 10th amendment. If a state wants to keep it illegal, fine. If they want to make it legal, then they can administer that as well and reap any of the benefits and/or overhead and more than likely in conjunction with something like the ATF if necessary. Either way, it shouldn't be a fedgov decision but right now it is. If only they realized how much money the states could make off of this....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE