Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hanging Mr Cooper

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Hanging Mr Cooper
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2013, 05:43:40 PM »
You do live in a bubble. 

Behind closed doors?  Yeah. It freaking is.
Behind the closed doors of your house, maybe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2013, 06:02:36 PM »
Behind the closed doors of your house, maybe.

You live in a bubble. 

Behind closed doors of lots and lots of places that aren't my home.  In the stands at any football game in the country.  In gas stations, barber shops, board rooms, nursing homes, restaurants, bars... pretty much anywhere people get together.  I've heard it from minimum-wage meth head convenience store clerks to multi-millionaire heads of major companies. 

People say it, people think it.  To pretend otherwise and to have all this sham outrage is ridiculous. 

Yeah, I've said it.  Pretty sure I'll say it again.  Not going to hell for saying or thinking that word.  I've screamed it at some idiot in a ramshackle car with plastic wrap for windows who cut in front of me and nearly caused me to wreck.  I may have uttered it in disgust after watching riots, violence and total thuggery on TV. 

It's the word that comes to mind when I watch videos like this.

Every babbling fool on TV who's put the nails in Cooper has done so with one eye toward his own past wondering if somebody has a video of them in a private moment expressing themselves in a less than decorous manner.

Difference between me and the rest?  I'm not going to be a sanctimonious twit about it.  It's a word.  There's a lot more to be offended over than that.  Grow up.  Get over it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2013, 07:58:11 PM »
Once again, like most things, I think people jump to extremes where the reasoned reality is somewhere in the middle.

What he did was bad. To yell that at someone in anger, in 2013, from someone as young as he is, that come from a bad place within. To me, that's different than Paula Deen being meta-racist because she talked about one time in her life in 1987 she said the N word. It's different from Zimmerman acting in self defense and race being artificially injected into a situation where it didn't exist.

He should and will lose the respect of his teammates, fans, and employers. The Eagles are even justified in fining him. I don't think any amount of "sensitivity training" can make you not racist, so in my opinion, that's silly. Should he be dismissed from the team? I think that's extreme. Is this worse than Michael Vick mutilating dogs or Ray Lewis being involved in a homicide? Of course not. The faux shock and disgust is wearing thin.

As for discussion of "N-word" itself. Again. Middle ground. It's silly that you have to say "N-word" instead of just saying it. We're adults. It's like a kid saying "the B-word" instead of butt. I can just come out and say fudge, mommy part, faggot, chink, jap, spic, etc. but I'm not comfortable saying that word.

On the other hand, it's just the way it is and it's similarly childish to want to do something just because you're told you can't. Get over it. It's ok for them to, just like it's ok for you to talk shoot about your sibling, but no one else can. It's just the way it is. It's not rocket surgery.
At the end of the day, it is a word. I do not agree with the idea that there is a difference when black folks say it to each other. There is no difference, in my opinion, except in the minds of those who demean themselves by accepting that in conversation.

The other stuff  :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2013, 08:22:07 PM »
At the end of the day, it is a word. I do not agree with the idea that there is a difference when black folks say it to each other. There is no difference, in my opinion, except in the minds of those who demean themselves by accepting that in conversation.

The other stuff  :thumsup:
The difference is they often take on something like a Boston accent and drop the "r" in their pronunciation
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2013, 12:04:56 AM »
The difference is they often take on something like a Boston accent and drop the "r" in their pronunciation

cracka...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2013, 12:20:32 AM »
cracka...

How am I supposed to say "honkey" in a non-derogatory manner?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2013, 12:38:53 AM »
You live in a bubble. 

Behind closed doors of lots and lots of places that aren't my home.  In the stands at any football game in the country.  In gas stations, barber shops, board rooms, nursing homes, restaurants, bars... pretty much anywhere people get together.  I've heard it from minimum-wage meth head convenience store clerks to multi-millionaire heads of major companies. 

People say it, people think it.  To pretend otherwise and to have all this sham outrage is ridiculous. 

Yeah, I've said it.  Pretty sure I'll say it again.  Not going to hell for saying or thinking that word.  I've screamed it at some idiot in a ramshackle car with plastic wrap for windows who cut in front of me and nearly caused me to wreck.  I may have uttered it in disgust after watching riots, violence and total thuggery on TV. 

Oh you are horrible. Just horrible to think that. You should lock yourself in a closet and cut yourself and ask for forgiveness.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2013, 09:45:53 AM »
Kaos & CCTAU's unapologetic flagrant racism aside...

What I forgot to mention earlier in my rant is that apparently, we're holding 3rd string wide receivers to a higher standard than US Congressmen. As long as the races are reversed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57596817/rangel-tea-party-same-white-crackers-who-opposed-civil-rights/

Rangel: Tea party same "white crackers" who opposed civil rights

Rep. Charlie Rangel, D-N.Y., compared the tea party to the segregationists who opposed civil rights for black people during an interview with the Daily Beast published Friday.

"It is the same group we faced in the south with those white crackers and the dogs and the police," he said. "They didn't care about how they looked. It was just fierce indifference to human life that caused America to say enough is enough."

Rangel a veteran Democratic House member with a penchant for colorful commentary, also sounded off on Republican opposition to immigration reform, blaming it on a sense of fear among some white people about America's increasing diversity.

"Every white son of a gun from Europe has found a way to get here, and these barriers I think have a lot to do with color and the awkwardness or the uncomfortableness that a lot of whites feel about people of color," he explained.

He said that Republican intractability on a multitude of issues had severely damaged American competitiveness. "What is happening is sabotage," he said. "Terrorists couldn't do a better job than the Republicans are doing."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2013, 12:01:55 PM »
Kaos & CCTAU's unapologetic flagrant racism aside...

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2013, 12:08:45 PM »
Now realism is racism?

One day you'll wake up and you'll give all of your belonging to a minority because of your white guilt.(or the government will do it for you)

I have no white guilt. People are people. Blacks call whites names. Whites call blacks names. Asians call names. Mexicans, etc..

The only problem we have in this country is the white people that have been taught to feel guilty for being white.

If my family had EVER owned one slave, I might have a twinge of guilt. Didn't happen. So I have no guilt.

Oh and if I had been held accountable for every thing that I said while drunk, I would be married to a bunch of women right now. I guess that makes me sexist too!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2013, 12:45:28 PM »
If I didn't own'em I ain't paying shit.  Well anymore than the gubment makes me pay each week to give in handouts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."