Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Whore of the Orient

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Whore of the Orient
« on: August 31, 2012, 02:30:53 PM »
 :gig:

L.A. Noire developer Team Bondi, reborn after a timely buyout, has announced that its next game – Whore of the Orient – is being developed for the next-generation of home consoles and PC.

The developer's website has now gone live, revealing some new details about the game. The site contains a single image depicting a scene from a Chinese apartment and a man sweeping up in the background. And it's clear from the mood-setting snippet of prose posted on the site that the city of Shanghai will play a strong role in the game. The text reads:

"Shanghai, 1936. Whore of the Orient. Paris of the East. The most corrupt and decadent city on the planet, where anything can be had or done for the right price. Plaything of Western powers who greedily exploit the Chinese masses. Boiling pot of Chinese nationalism, with the Kuomintang ruthlessly trying to suppress Communism and the labour movement. Home to the International Police Force, a group of Western cops hopelessly trying to keep the lid on and keep the peace."

Brendan McNamara, writer and director of The Getaway and L.A. Noire, previously said that the team's next game will be "one of the great untold stories of the 20th Century".

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Whore of the Orient
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 07:51:30 PM »
Ooooh I call Mamasan
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 09:05:44 AM »

Color me disappointed...I didn't see one whore in that clip.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 09:21:14 AM »

Color me disappointed...I didn't see one whore in that clip.
AI looks horrible, lets stand here and get shot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum