No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Tim Hudson's Ankle Injury
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 12:14:16 PM »
With all sports trying to avoid injury's I am surprised that Baseball has not gone to a safety bag at first base. White bag for the defense and orange bag for the runner.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 03:39:50 PM »
With all sports trying to avoid injury's I am surprised that Baseball has not gone to a safety bag at first base. White bag for the defense and orange bag for the runner.

If you touch the wrong half, it's a $10k fine.  It's the only way. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 06:46:53 PM »

Tim Hudson has played probably 50,000 innings in his lifetime, thrown hundreds of thousands of pitches and covered 1st thousands of times.  One guy finally steps on his leg and everyone wants to change the bases fro safety. 

This is the same mentality that gives a trophy to every kid and wants to wrap every kid that plays little league football in bubble wrap

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 06:48:55 PM by AUTailgatingRules »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 12:16:57 PM »
Tim Hudson has played probably 50,000 innings in his lifetime, thrown hundreds of thousands of pitches and covered 1st thousands of times.  One guy finally steps on his leg and everyone wants to change the bases fro safety. 

This is the same mentality that gives a trophy to every kid and wants to wrap every kid that plays little league football in bubble wrap

Not everybody, just me, we use these bags in softball to avoid collisions. (yea I know rec stuff)

At what point is a safety issue the same has giving trophy's to every kid?  :facepalm: It was simply a safety suggestion or question.

And had the safety bag been there he would not be missing his next start or looking at a career ending injury.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'