Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Coming to a neighborhood near you....Literally

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
Coming to a neighborhood near you....Literally
« on: July 22, 2013, 05:49:02 PM »
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/huds-new-fair-housing-rule-establishes-diversity-data-every-neighborhood-us

HUD's New 'Fair Housing' Rule Establishes Diversity Data for Every Neighborhood in U.S.
July 22, 2013 - 10:54 AM
By Susan Jones
Subscribe to Susan Jones RSS
Follow Susan Jones on Twitter
 565 243 

(AP File Photo)

(CNSNews.com) - To ensure that "every American is able to choose to live in a community they feel proud of," HUD has published a new fair-housing regulation intended to give people access to better neighborhoods than the ones they currently live in.

The goal is to help communities understand "fair housing barriers" and "establish clear goals" for "improving integrated living patterns and overcoming historic patterns of segregation."

“This proposed rule represents a 21st century approach to fair housing, a step forward to ensuring that every American is able to choose to live in a community they feel proud of – where they have a fair shot at reaching their full potential in life,” said HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan.

“For the first time ever," Donovan added, "HUD will provide data for every neighborhood in the country, detailing the access African American, Latino, Asian, and other communities have to local assets, including schools, jobs, transportation, and other important neighborhood resources that can play a role in helping people move into the middle class."

Social engineering

According to HUD, long-term solutions include "helping people gain access to different neighborhoods and channeling investments into under-served areas." The mapping tool may guide development and zoning decisions, for example.

In a July 16 speech to the NAACP, Donovan said the American Dream still isn't within equal reach of all communities. He lamented the lack of diversity in America's boardrooms, schools, and the nation's "strongest neighborhoods."

"We have got to shape a future where ladders of opportunity are available for all Americans," Donovan said. "For African Americans, this is critically important.  Historically, for this community, the rungs on these ladders have been too far apart -– making it harder to reach the middle class."

Donovan said HUD's new neighborhood mapping tool, which uses Census data, will "expand access to high opportunity neighborhoods and draw attention to investment possibilities in under-served communities."

"Make no mistake, this is a big deal," Donovan said. "With the HUD budget alone, we are talking about billions of dollars. And as you know, decades ago, these funds were used to support discrimination. Now, they will be used to expand opportunity and bring communities closer to the American Dream."

Under the Fair Housing Act, HUD requires grantees, such as cities, that receive federal housing funds to "affirmatively further fair housing."

Under the proposed rule, the neighborhood data provided by HUD will be used to evaluate patterns of integration and segregation, racial and ethnic concentrations of poverty, and access to "valuable community assets." HUD wants to know if existing laws and policies -- such as zoning, financing, infrastructure planning and transportation -- create, perpetuate or alleviate segregation.

The proposed rule explicitly incorporates fair-housing decision-making into existing planning processes and "other decision-making that influences how communities and regions grow and develop."

CNSNews.com is not funded by the government like NPR. CNSNews.com is not funded by the government like PBS.

CNSNews.com relies on individuals like you to help us report the news the liberal media distort and ignore. Please make a tax-deductible gift to CNSNews.com today. Your continued support will ensure that CNSNews.com is here reporting THE TRUTH, for a long time to come. It's fast, easy and secure.

- See more at: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/huds-new-fair-housing-rule-establishes-diversity-data-every-neighborhood-us#sthash.NVkej2KO.dpuf
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Coming to a neighborhood near you....Literally
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 12:36:57 AM »
Well for several years there, the American dream was in reach. Problem is, they didn't pay their mortgage. We'll be in the same situation in another 10 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 09:59:08 AM »
I have my eye on this really nice gated community on the golf course. I have a 10 year plan on how to get in there.

Does this new HUD plan mean I can get there in 2?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 10:13:06 AM »
I have my eye on this really nice gated community on the golf course. I have a 10 year plan on how to get in there.

Does this new HUD plan mean I can get there in 2?

...and stay there for almost as long.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 11:40:15 AM »
Fair Housing = Buying a house you can afford fairly

Fair Housing IS NOT letting people buy houses they can't afford in order to add color to a neighborhood.

This should be illegal. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 12:15:27 PM »

Fair Housing IS NOT letting people buy houses they can't afford in order to add color to a neighborhood.

This should be illegal.

Nothing is with this administration.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 12:17:47 PM »

You are not understanding this correctly.  This program will use Gov't money to HELP people afford nicer homes in order to add color to the neighborhood.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 12:19:51 PM »
Does this mean I can get a good rate in downtown Detroit?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 12:20:44 PM »

This should be illegal.

Community Reinvestment Act. Also known as what REALLY caused the market collapse in 2008/2009. Subprime lending, 120% value loans, overlooking Income requirements. The mortgage back securities trade off was merely a symptom of a housing bubble caused by the govt itself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 12:26:54 PM »
Does this mean I can get a good rate in downtown Detroit?

Average home price in Detroit is just over $5,000.  Pretty sure you don't need a loan for that
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 12:31:29 PM »
Average home price in Detroit is just over $5,000.  Pretty sure you don't need a loan for that

Yeah, but I want my own block. I'm picky about neighbors.  :getoff:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 01:16:59 PM »
One thing I always vehemently opposed while it was going on was all the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac shit where they said "everyone deserved to own a home". 
No the fuck they don't!  Period. End of story. 
A house is what you work for by paying your bills and living within your means.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 01:20:22 PM »
One thing I always vehemently opposed while it was going on was all the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac shit where they said "everyone deserved to own a home". 
No the fuck they don't!  Period. End of story. 
A house is what you work for by paying your bills and living within your means.

This

Most residential homes that were in default status were due to this. Most also had subprime mortgages. You ever gotten a 110% subprime, no money down mortgage ? I know I haven't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 01:32:18 PM »
This

Most residential homes that were in default status were due to this. Most also had subprime mortgages. You ever gotten a 110% subprime, no money down mortgage ? I know I haven't.

We were talking about this the other day.  When the wife's sister lived in "Atlanta"...Ackworth, every time we'd go over there during a period of around 2003-2008, I'd comment on how the hell so many people had that much money. There were literally hundreds of homes being built at any one time.  All of them in that $500K to a couple million and up range. 

Turns out there weren't that many people with that much money.  But they got the loans as if they did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 02:05:31 PM »
This

You prolly made to much money to qualify. Having a good job, saving your money, paying your bills are disqualifiers for this type of loan. :facepalm: 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'