Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Walking School Bus

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Walking School Bus
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2013, 03:48:29 PM »
I wish I still had the note from my daughter's third or fourth grade teacher telling us the lunch we'd sent was unacceptable.  It had a sandwich, some chips and a Little Debbie brownie because that's what she liked.  Wrong said school. What she likes is irrelevant. 

Lunch had to include fruit/vegetables and the proper this and that.  Since we didn't include the staples in her lunch, she had been provided a tray from the lunchroom and we would need to pay for it and any other trays necessary because her home lunch didn't meet guidelines.
That was her hippie dippie teacher. Again, it had Jack Shit to do with Michelle Obama. Let alone Human School Buses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2013, 03:49:50 PM »
The attempt to turn her crusade into a mandate, imposed upon the rest of the public, while at the same time she doesn't practice what she preaches, is more my issue. It's a microcosm of the big picture problem with our govt and it's nanny state mentality. Its people who think like this that are the problem. Guarantee you that if she COULD she would with this too. You can think this is an innocent little crusade all you want. With people that are disciples of their form of govt nothing is innocent.
Ok bottomfeeder...

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2013, 03:53:01 PM »
This thread has left sanity in the dust. Jesus Christ. All this because Michelle Obama is trying to encourage kids to exercise.

I give up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2013, 03:57:26 PM »
Ok bottomfeeder...

:facepalm:

Much obliged.

No worries Chizad. Ill still hook you up with a free 6 pack of Busch Light at the next x gate. That's what you drink right? Or is that cousin Eddies mead?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2013, 03:59:12 PM »
Much obliged.

No worries Chizad. Ill still hook you up with a free 6 pack of Busch Light at the next x gate. That's what you drink right? Or is that cousin Eddies mead?
Not mine. If I'm drinkin cheap. I'm a Miller-Coors guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2013, 04:03:05 PM »

Snob

Miller-Coors is the good stuff. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2013, 04:04:24 PM »
Snob

Miller-Coors is the good stuff.

Maybe he means it's the good cheap stuff as opposed to Bud, Natty, Busch or the champ - Beast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2013, 04:05:08 PM »
This thread has left sanity in the dust. Jesus Christ. All this because Michelle Obama is trying to encourage kids to exercise.

I give up.

Wait a minute.....If you don't believe in him can you use his name?  I'm gonna need a ruling from the chapel.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2013, 04:09:03 PM »
Wait a minute.....If you don't believe in him can you use his name?  I'm gonna need a ruling from the chapel.

He believes he existed. He just doesn't believe he did cool tricks and stuff.

I have notated before that I find it funny that Chizzy Chad posts more in the chapel than anyone else on here.

So would he provide the ruling?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2013, 04:32:22 PM »
Maybe he means it's the good cheap stuff as opposed to Bud, Natty, Busch or the champ - Beast.
Correct.

Only in vain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2013, 04:41:38 PM »
Or is that cousin Eddies mead?

You haven't lived until you've had the mead. And after you have as much as Buzz did, you don't much want live.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2013, 05:02:13 PM »
That was her hippie dippie teacher. Again, it had Jack shoot to do with Michelle Obama. Let alone Human School Buses.

No. It was the school. Following federal guidelines.

I fought this fight already.  Lost on the pb&j.  Peanut allergy my butt. But won the rest. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2013, 05:22:47 PM »

I fought this fight already.  Lost on the pb&j.  Peanut allergy my butt. But won the rest.
Should have put a tomato on her sandwich, for the fruit/veggie points
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2013, 09:07:00 PM »
Seriously, there is so much dumb in this thread, I can't even address it all.

But I'll try.

WTF are you talking about? The states decide what?? This is not a requirement. The government is not requiring any school to do it, let alone your child participate it should your child's school choose to do this. We have gone into looney-bin territory with this thing.

This entails some commercials and endorsements. This is not a multi-billion dollar waste of money. It's actually productive to promote childhood fitness, which is a major problem in our country right now, and it costs next to zero money. You literally have to be an insane person to make the argument that this is government intruding on our everyday life.

Damn sure is and you are a part of it. 

I thought you were a Libertarian, but I must be wrong.  I know it's not a mandate, I know they aren't requiring me to participate, but,   FEDERAL FUCKING DOLLARS HAVE BEEN SPENT ON THIS GODDAMN SHIT!!!!  I don't care if it's one penny or eleventy billion dollars.  It's too goddamn much!  This is as stupid as Obama telling me how to cover my mouth when I cough and how to sneeze into a tissue during the swine flu scare.  It's as dumb as the Australian gov't putting out that "dumb ways to die" video on how to be safe around trains (I found that hilarious, but still).

Our federal gov't doesn't need to be involved in promoting jack dick on how to live our lives.  I can decide the health and saftey of my kids by telling them to put the fucking controller down and go play some ball so they aren't disgusting fat bodies and to look both ways before crossing the street.   The federal gov't doesn't have the right nor the responsibility to spend money on these dumbass issues.  If the state of Alabama, Georgia, Alaska, North Dakota want to spend "state tax dollars" on this kind of bullshit, then fine, let their legislators vote on it, I can gladly vote mine out of office.  That is what I mean by letting the states decide.  No where in our Constitution (that has been used by our politicians to wipe their asses with since the 1920's) does it specifically state that the federal government get involved with our personal lives and how we raise our families.  One penny is too much to spend on this shit, along with the other examples in my other post, especially when we are fucking bankrupt.  It's dumb, simple as that and it's dumb that our federal gov't spent one fucking cent on it.  I am not up in arms as some are about this, I know that we have bigger fish to fry, but this is a prime example of our gov't spending money they don't need to. 

Also, for the lulz and :facepalm:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2013, 09:35:35 PM »
Damn sure is and you are a part of it. 

I thought you were a Libertarian, but I must be wrong.
I am a free thinker. But yes, for the most part I am a libertarian...not a psychopath.

I guess in your estimation, a true libertarian believes the government should spend $0 on anything ever.

I didn't see the Cato or Reason raising a stink over this. Because libertarians don't loathe Democrats to the point that they are blinded with rage over petty shit like this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2013, 11:30:57 PM »
I am a free thinker. But yes, for the most part I am a libertarian...not a psychopath.

I guess in your estimation, a true libertarian believes the government should spend $0 on anything ever.

I didn't see the Cato or Reason raising a stink over this. Because libertarians don't loathe Democrats to the point that they are blinded with rage over petty shit like this.

Nope, not what "we" believe.   "We" just believe that zero federal (and state for that matter) dollars should be spent on telling us how to live.  "Our" problem resides in an over reaching goverment telling us what to do.  Government has basic, limited functions and this is not one of them.  The penney, ten dollars, or million dollars spent on this should have been spent on things like balancing our budget.  Every little bit helps.  Step the fuck off and let me choose what me and mine do.  The government is not a better steward of my money than I am and I am intelligent enough to do what is best for me and my family including how spend our money and raise our kids.

"We" take offense at a government who spends the money I earn on anything like this that is not within their realm and tries to tell "us" how to live.  I have rage against both parties but more so at the one that thinks I need big government involved in my personal affairs.  I will let you decide which one, at times I can't tell anymore.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 11:33:12 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2013, 12:03:50 AM »

Only the fringe, bottomfeeder, 5%, that are anarcho's who give the rest of us a bad name.

Cato and Reason aren't raising stink about this b/c as I have stated, we have bigger fish to fry, but they should be.  It's a waste of Federal dollars by telking us how to keep our kids from being obese that I can do on my own. One penney or one million, its a waste of tax payers dollars. Period.  Leave this shit to the ladies auxiliary or local Lions club.  Get the feds out of my shit and let them worry about a 14 trillion dollar debt, NSA spying on citizens, Immigration,  IRS targets and taxing me for inactivity (Obamacare) and not if my kids get to school safely and lose weight in the process.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 10:03:03 AM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2013, 09:38:38 AM »

I used to think the same way you do...

Got a good friend whose daughter has a peanut allergy. She gets looks all the time from kids because they suspended peanut butter in her class room. She can't help it. If someone eats peanut butter at lunch, and she gets close enough to them to smell their breath later on in the class, she will go in to shock and possibly die.

That shit is real and it sucks for the parents and kids who have it...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2013, 10:08:11 AM »
Only the fringe, bottomfeeder, 5%, that are anarcho's who give the rest of us a bad name.

Cato and Reason aren't raising stink about this b/c as I have stated, we have bigger fish to fry, but they should be.  It's a waste of Federal dollars by telking us how to keep our kids from being obese that I can do on my own. One penney or one million, its a waste of tax payers dollars. Period.  Leave this shitntomthe ladies auxiliary or local Lions club.  Get the feds out of my shit and let them worry about a 14 trillion dollar debt, NSA spying on citizens, Immigration,  IRS targets and taxing me for inactivity (Obamacare) and not if my kids get to school safely and lose weight in the process.

This guy^^

Fed gov has 3-4 basic functions per our framework. That's it. It's not hard. This is not one of them.

They are already subsidizing school lunches. If they participate in her guidelines, they get even more in addition to other perks. Even with extra dough, most have ditched it. More money being thrown at the issue. Less results. Any hard working person in this country who pays a shitload of taxes every payday has every right to question this kind of expenditure especially of no result is being seen and/or or not even being Constititional.

Chad, you say you independently think yet you reference others' opinions on the Gorewebbz to form yours. Usually I do agree with the Cato group but it doesn't mean I have to. Forming an independent opinion is just that. It's yours without regard to what a think tank says.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 10:10:18 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2013, 10:16:12 AM »
I used to think the same way you do...

Got a good friend whose daughter has a peanut allergy. She gets looks all the time from kids because they suspended peanut butter in her class room. She can't help it. If someone eats peanut butter at lunch, and she gets close enough to them to smell their breath later on in the class, she will go in to shock and possibly die.

That shit is real and it sucks for the parents and kids who have it...

So engineer society around the exceptions?

This causes a slippery slope. You've just punished the rule for the exception. Not saying the poor kid should have to deal with it. It can just be dealt with other than to cut off the nose to spite the face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE