Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Mother Leaves Baby in Car; Baby Dies

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Mother Leaves Baby in Car; Baby Dies
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2013, 02:18:35 PM »
I have a sneezing/coughing fit while driving.  As a result, I run over a child.  Horrific incident?  Yes.  But should people refuse to show me compassion just because it's a horrific incident?  I personally don't think so.  I'm going to look at how and why the horrific incident occurred, and not just the fact that a horrific incident occurred, before deciding to show or not show compassion.

And while I understand that an involuntary physical act of sneezing/coughing is different from simply forgetting something, it's not all that different.  Our brains have limitations.  We get distracted.  We get worried.  We don't always focus on everything that we should be focusing on.  Despite all of our good intentions to do, say, and think the right things at the right times, we don't always succeed.  It's part of the nature of being human.

If a person doesn't take care of their mother because they're too busy daydreaming about big black cocks, I'm not going to have much sympathy for them.  But when they're a new parent, an employee just killed themselves, and their life in general is hectic?  I personally would show a little compassion.  I'd hate to know that despite my attempts at doing the right thing to the best of my abilities, if I were to ever fuck up, no one would want to show me compassion for an honest mistake.

Who names their kid up?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2013, 03:27:49 PM »
Who names their kid up?

The kind of person who leaves their kid in a car and makes it easy for me to abduct them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2013, 05:57:45 PM »
The kind of person who leaves their kid in a car and makes it easy for me to abduct them.

Ima call him picked up
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2013, 09:38:20 PM »
Very sad - no happy endings at their Asian spa
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2013, 09:57:00 PM »
Very sad - no happy endings at their Asian spa

A little late, but nice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2013, 10:14:48 PM »
A little late, but nice.
Too bad he couldn't come up with this during happy hour. The barmaid was scraping up the change and the closed sign was on when he brings in a triple. Now we see why he couldn't make it in Vegas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

bgreene

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2013, 03:38:18 AM »
The fact still remains that because of her negligence, her child is now dead.  There is no doubt in my mind that she is sorry for what she did.  However sorry she is, it's not going to bring the child back.  Neither is stringing her up in a tree.  The problem with this world today is that we don't hold people accountable for their actions or lack there of.  As mad as it makes me that a child has died, (it makes want to hurt this woman) I don't think she should be facing the death penilty, but I do think she should be charged with a crime.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2013, 09:31:01 PM »
The fact still remains that because of her negligence, her child is now dead.  There is no doubt in my mind that she is sorry for what she did.  However sorry she is, it's not going to bring the child back.  Neither is stringing her up in a tree.  The problem with this world today is that we don't hold people accountable for their actions or lack there of.  As mad as it makes me that a child has died, (it makes want to hurt this woman) I don't think she should be facing the death penilty, but I do think she should be charged with a crime.
The line between negligence and an accident can be blurry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2013, 11:26:48 AM »
Wi tu hot?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2013, 12:53:52 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2014, 02:45:39 PM »
It happened again.  This time it was a father that left the baby in the car.  In the latest update, they've charged him with murder.  From what I can tell, the Homewood mother was never charged with anything.

ATLANTA (CBS46) -
A 22-month-old child has died after being left in a hot car for more than eight hours.

MORE
Father accused of leaving child in car charged with murder

A father has been charged with murder in the death of his 2-year-old child after he allegedly left the toddler in a hot car for eight hours.

Police said Justin Ross Harris, 34, was supposed to drop the child off at daycare, but forgot. He then drove to work around 9 a.m. Wednesday and left the toddler in the car. It wasn't until Harris left work and started driving home that he looked in the backseat and saw the child still strapped in the car seat and unresponsive.

According to Cobb County police, the father of the toddler was supposed to drop the baby off at daycare, but forgot. The father then drove to work around 9 a.m. Wednesday and left the baby in the car. It wasn't until the man left work and started driving home that he looked in the backseat and saw the child still strapped in the car seat and unresponsive.

"It is tough, I am not sure how someone could forget they have a child in the backseat," Dale Hamilton said.

Hamilton said he was in the Akers Mill Square shopping center getting lunch when he saw the man drive into the parking lot, stop his car straddling two lanes of traffic, jump out and begin CPR on the baby.

"He hopped out of his car. I didn't know what he was doing at the time," Hamilton said. "But, he eventually pulled the child out of the car seat. I guess he was trying to un-restrain him. He pulled him out of the car seat, laid him on the ground and was trying to resuscitate him."

Hamilton said it was difficult to watch.

"He was constantly saying, 'What have I done, what have I done.'"

Some good Samaritans tried to resuscitate the child but it was too late. Investigators took the father in for questioning at the Cobb County Police Department. Police said the man had to be restrained at the scene because he was so distraught. At this point charges have not been filed. Police said pending the outcome of their investigation the father could face a charge of involuntary manslaughter.

Temperatures in Atlanta topped 90 degrees Wednesday afternoon. Temperatures inside a hot car could go as high as 130 to 140 degrees in a few hours.

Check back with CBS46.com for updates.

http://www.wafb.com/story/25812472/child-dies-after-being-left-in-hot-car?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass&utm_content=buffer17188&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2014, 03:17:44 PM »
It happened again.  This time it was a father that left the baby in the car.  In the latest update, they've charged him with murder.  From what I can tell, the Homewood mother was never charged with anything.

As the father of 4 year old I just don't see how you can forget your kid in the back seat. Especially a 2 year old.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2014, 03:22:00 PM »
As the father of 4 year old I just don't see how you can forget your kid in the back seat. Especially a 2 year old.
I know someone who knew someone. One of those kind of deals. In LR, Arky. Man was supposed to take his toddler to daycare because the wife couldn't for whatever reason. I don't remember but I know that the man usually didn't drop the kid off.

Baby is asleep in the car seat and the man drives to work just as normal, forgets about the kid.

Kid stayed in the car all day and obviously died.

I won't say it could never happen to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2014, 03:25:57 PM »
I know someone who knew someone. One of those kind of deals. In LR, Arky. Man was supposed to take his toddler to daycare because the wife couldn't for whatever reason. I don't remember but I know that the man usually didn't drop the kid off.

Baby is asleep in the car seat and the man drives to work just as normal, forgets about the kid.

Kid stayed in the car all day and obviously died.

I won't say it could never happen to me.

I imagine if they are your kid they probably hide in the back hoping for death, but I could be wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2014, 03:28:09 PM »

Which is why it should be negligence at minimum. Murder though? Damn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2014, 03:55:27 PM »
Which is why it should be negligence at minimum. Murder though? Damn.

Murder's way too much.  But negligence for sure.  It's not different than forgetting your child hasn't eaten in three days.  "I was so busy and I wasn't used to feeding him...." 

It scares me that this turns into a debate.  "It could happen to anyone!"  No, I don't think so.  I don't consider my son the equivalent of another bag that gets thrown into the backseat.  Even though mine is 12 months, and even when he was just 1 month, I always talk to him and acknowledge he's in the car.  I have my eye on him at all times when he's playing at home.  Even if he's safe in his crib and I'm only a few rooms over taking care of something, I'll have the monitor on just in case. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2014, 04:13:48 PM »
Murder's way too much.  But negligence for sure.  It's not different than forgetting your child hasn't eaten in three days.  "I was so busy and I wasn't used to feeding him...." 

It scares me that this turns into a debate.  "It could happen to anyone!"  No, I don't think so.  I don't consider my son the equivalent of another bag that gets thrown into the backseat.  Even though mine is 12 months, and even when he was just 1 month, I always talk to him and acknowledge he's in the car.  I have my eye on him at all times when he's playing at home.  Even if he's safe in his crib and I'm only a few rooms over taking care of something, I'll have the monitor on just in case.

We all have different names we call it.

He prolly really doesn't like listening to that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2014, 04:15:45 PM »

We all have different names we call it.

He prolly really doesn't like listening to that.
fap fap fap
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2014, 10:59:19 PM »
The negligent father is a bammer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2014, 02:38:42 AM »
Sad story for sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.