Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Marshall impressing the captains

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Marshall impressing the captains
« on: July 18, 2013, 02:10:21 PM »
Not sure about the Tenilles
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/07/auburn_quarterback_nick_marsha.html

Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall impresses teammates with athleticism in captain's practices

HOOVER, Alabama -- Two weeks before the start of fall training camp, all eyes are turning toward Auburn's quarterback race, a four-way race that head coach Gus Malzahn would like to see finished as quickly as possible.

And the most intriguing prospect in the race has impressed his teammates since arriving on campus.

Nick Marshall, the junior college transfer from Garden City (Kan.) Community College, has showcased impressive athleticism and a strong arm  in captain's practices since enrolling at Auburn in late June.

"I’d say he’s throwing the ball pretty good," cornerback Chris Davis said.

Auburn's captain's practices, led by a leader at each position, have focused on the basics of the offense and 7-on-7 work this summer, a key time for the quarterbacks as they prepare for the race in fall camp.

Malzahn wants a starter to emerge as soon as possible, telling reporters at SEC Media Days that Chris Todd's nine-day blitz to winning the job in 2009 was key to the offense's quick start that season.

In response, both Marshall and fellow quarterback signee Jeremy Johnson have spent a lot of time in the film room and their playbooks this summer as they try to catch up to Kiehl Frazier and Jonathan Wallace, who had the advantage of going through spring practice.

"All I've heard is that he's got a good attitude," said Malzahn, who is not allowed to coach the players until camp starts Aug. 2. "He's worked hard since he's been here."

Marshall, at 6-foot-2, 205 pounds, has impressive athleticism.

Fast enough to play defensive back in the SEC in his first season at Georgia, Marshall has also showcased the impressive arm that produced big highlights in Garden City's Mississippi Bowl appearance.

"He's obviously a fast guy, he's got a good arm," Auburn fullback Jay Prosch said. "Those are the main things I've seen so far."

Of Auburn's four representatives at the Wynfrey Hotel on Wednesday, Prosch, the only senior on the offensive side of the ball and a clear team leader, has spent the most time with Marshall.

Marshall's athleticism clearly stands out.

SEC Media Days 2013 - Auburn
Auburn fullback Jay Prosch speaks during the SEC Media Days 2013 at the Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel in Hoover, Ala., Wednesday July 17, 2013. (Julie Bennett/jbennett@al.com)
So far, every movement the junior college transfer has made has been smooth, although Prosch did point out that without any tackling during the summer, he hasn't seen Marshall under real SEC pressure.

Once Marshall gets in the pocket, though, Prosch believes the quarterback's poise and escapability will serve him well.

"Nick, I'm really surprised with the rhythm he has, his flow," Prosch said. "He's got a confidence about him, and he's very quick running. I haven't seen him, obviously, under any real pressure, but he's very fast."

Marshall will have his chance to prove himself against that kind of pressure in two weeks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Marshall impressing the captains
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 02:34:21 PM »
He's squirrely but fast
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 04:46:42 PM »
snags is probably more distracted by the thought of Toni Tennille
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 04:49:00 PM »
snags is probably more distracted by the thought of Toni Tennille

Muskrat Love, baby
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 04:53:55 PM »
"Nick, I'm really surprised with the rhythm he has, his flow," Prosch said.

Why is he surprised that a black man can rap?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 05:11:23 PM »
Why is he surprised that a black man can rap?

Got damn, I'm so explicit, but I can't help it my flow ridiculous
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 08:50:24 AM »
Got damn, I'm so explicit, but I can't help it my flow ridiculous
That doesn't rhyme.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 08:16:59 PM »
That doesn't rhyme.
He though he was a poet, but he don't know it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 09:56:24 PM »
He though he was a poet, but he don't know it.
His feet know it 'cause they're Longfellows!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."