Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2014 Signing Class prediction...

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
2014 Signing Class prediction...
« on: July 17, 2013, 04:21:48 AM »
QB:
Sean White 6'2" 200lbs. **** (Auburn Commit 07/16/13)

RB:
Racean Thomas 5'11" 200lbs. ***** (Auburn Commit 08/02/13)
Kamryn Pettway 6' 230lbs. **** (Auburn Commit 03/03/13)

WR:
JUCO D'haquille Williams 6'3" 190lbs. ***** (Auburn Commit 07/21/13)
Myron Burton 6'2" 195lbs. *** (Auburn Commit 10/12/13)
Jesse Jackson 6'2" 195lbs. *** ( MSU commit 10/07/13)

TE:
Jakell Mitchell 6'4" 210lbs.  **** (Auburn Commit 05/25/13)
Chris Laye 6'6" 240lbs. *** (Auburn Commit 04/05/13)

OT:
Braden Smith 6'6" 275lbs. **** (Auburn Commit 02/05/14)

OG:

C:
JUCO Xavier Dampeer 6'3" 300lbs. *** (Auburn Commit 10/06/13)

DE:
JUCO DeVonte Lambert 6'3" 275lbs. **** (Auburn Commit 12/18/13)
Justin Thornton 6'6" 220lbs. **** (Auburn Commit 05/12/13)
Reeshad Kennion 6'7" 225lbs. *** (Auburn Commit 07/17/13)
Andrew Williams 6'4" 250lbs. **** (Auburn Commit 02/05/14)

DT:
JUCO Devaroe Lawrence 6'3" 280lbs. **** (Auburn Commit 07/21/13)
Dontavious Russell 6'3" 300lbs. **** (Auburn Commit 12/27/13)
JUCO Dalvon Stuckey 6'2" 305lbs. **** (Arizona St Commit 02/05/14)
Arthur Williams 6'4" 305lbs. *** (FSU Commit 10/22/13)

LB:
Tre Williams 6'2" 220lbs. ***** (Auburn Commit 05/08/13)
Deshaun Davis 6' 225lbs. **** (Auburn Commit 04/17/13)

CB:
Nick Ruffin 6' 175lbs. **** (Auburn Commit 05/25/13)
Kalvaraz Bessent 6'1" 190lbs. **** (Auburn Commit 12/09/13

S:
JUCO Derrick Moncrief 6'3" 225lbs. **** (Auburn Commit 05/10/13)
Stephen Roberts 6' 180lbs. **** (Auburn Commit 11/20/13)
Markell Boston 6'1" 200lbs. *** (Auburn Commit 02/03/14)
Rashaan Evans 6'3" 220lbs. ***** (uat Commit 02/05/14)

ATH:
Stanton Truitt 5'9" 180lbs. **** (Auburn Commit 07/17/13)

Auburn Signees
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 05:25:20 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Early 2014 Signing Class prediction...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 12:30:52 PM »
Truitt just committed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 12:52:53 PM »
Truitt just committed.

Since somebody won't expound....

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=884&CID=1525825

MONROE, Ga. | The day after Auburn landed one of the southeast's best quarterbacks in Sean White, they landed one of the southeast's best athletes to play alongside.

Monroe Area (Ga.) athlete Stanton Truitt made his commitment to the Tigers known after initially notifying Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn and receivers coach Dameyune Craig of his decision on Sunday.

Stanton Truitt committed to Auburn on Wednesday.
"Everybody that's involved at Auburn is so great," Truitt told AuburnSports.com. "When I visited Auburn last, there must have been most of the team working out in the weight room on a Saturday. That shows the dedication they are putting into the team trying to turn this thing around. And from talking to the players, they were welcoming me with open arms. Those things stood out to me."

Truitt chose Auburn over offers from Arkansas, Cal, Florida, Kentucky, Nebraska, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia, Stanford, UCLA and many more.

Truitt finished last season with 2,458 yards as the athlete of the year in Region 8-AAAA, he scored a total of 28 touchdowns lining up as signal caller.

Truitt's decision to commit this past Sunday came one day after his visit on Saturday. It was that visit that netted him an Auburn offer and made a lasting impact.

"I don't have receiver film so most coaches don't get to see me catch and run routes," Truitt said. "That's the big thing with them, with a championship mentality, you can't just throw out offers to anyone. I respected that. They were patient to offer, but when they did, they thought I could be a superstar.

"They wanted me in the program. I went home after landing that offer and talked to my dad and we looked at every option. We sat down and looked at what everybody had to offer and we felt like at the time this was the biggest offer I could get as far as being in a great system and doing a variety of things for me."

Truitt stands 5-foot-10, 180-pounds and was one of Auburn's top targets at the athlete position. Auburn projects Truitt to play wide receiver and wildcat quarterback on the Plains.

The unquestioned success of Malzahn's offense and ability to create opportunities for skill-position players was key in Truitt's thought process and ultimate decision.

"They showed me how they used Darren McFadden and Felix Jones at Arkansas and how they started the wildcat," Truitt said. "The offense is proven and Coach Malzahn has proven it everywhere he's been. From Cam Newton at Auburn to Arkansas State, it's proven. It has everything I'm looking for."

Craig was Truitt's lead recruiter. The pair had been talking since earlier in the spring and have built a relationship that grew stronger during Truitt's visit to Auburn last weekend.

Craig's intimate knowledge of Auburn and the football experience proved significant in Truitt's view of the Tigers' program.

"Him telling me about the tradition at Auburn, he's been there and played there, he knows the place like the back of his hand," Truitt said.

"Coach Craig told me if I chose Auburn, it wasn't going to be easy. Everybody worked for a spot and nobody's a favorite. You work and whoever works the hardest is going to play. He never guaranteed me anything and that spoke out about his personality and character."

Truitt noticed the commitment of White on Tuesday. Truitt desired to speak out in congratulations, but worried that may tip his hand. Instead, Truitt watched film of White and came away impressed.

"I was excited. I did my background and watched his film. That was a big-time get and that will definitely help me. I really like him," said Truitt.

Truitt still plans visits as the recruiting process moves forward, but states that his commitment is a firm one.

"I'm going to hit some more schools this summer and fall, but I feel like I'm all in and 100 percent with Auburn," Truitt said. "I felt like in my heart it's the best situation. I found the best place for me and I'm sticking with this."

Now, Truitt will turn his attention towards recruiting high-profile prospects to join Auburn's class. He already has three in mind.

"Dante Sawyer, Myles Autry and Elisha Shaw," Truitt said. "Auburn is in the mix with all those guys and I'm cool with those guys. I've played against those guys and with them in the Georgia All-Star game. I think Auburn has what they are looking for."

Truitt holds a 3.3 GPA and is on track to graduate early and enroll at Auburn in January. Truitt's older brother attends MIT.

Rivals.com currently ranks Truitt the nation's No. 29 athlete.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 01:02:09 PM »
He also had an offer from Akron.  Err'body hatin' on da' Zips.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 01:09:49 PM »
He also had an offer from Akron.  Err'body hatin' on da' Zips.

Our bag is bigger than there's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 01:13:22 PM »
"Coach Craig told me if I chose Auburn, it wasn't going to be easy. Everybody worked for a spot and nobody's a favorite. You work and whoever works the hardest is going to play. He never guaranteed me anything and that spoke out about his personality and character."

Favorite quote in the whole piece.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 01:59:56 PM »
I like this quote "Truitt holds a 3.3 GPA and is on track to graduate early."

and these offers:

Auburn
Akron
Arizona St.
Arkansas
Boston Coll.
California
Duke
East Carolina
Florida
Indiana
Kansas St.
Kentucky
Marshall
Mississippi St.
Missouri
Nebraska
North Carolina
N.C. State
South Carolina
South Florida
Stanford
Tennessee
Troy
UCLA
Virginia
Wake Forest
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 05:38:10 PM »
DE Kennion has committed.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:48:59 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 05:44:06 PM »
DE Kinnion has committed.

Just how big a fella' is he?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 06:04:14 PM »
6'6" - 6'7" (depending on the recruiting service) 225lbs. He's gonna be a run stuffing DE once he puts on about 50 more pounds of good weight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 07:40:35 PM »

Well, it IS Mrs. Kennion's boy so I'd say pretty big. That sweet tea she makes shore do drank good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 04:16:52 AM »
I Absolutely LOVE our current DE commits both are 6'6"-6'7"...that's Huge, gives Coach Russell plenty of frame to build upon and the fact that they're both around the 225lb. range, means that they can add about 50lbs. of good weight and be Clowney's size.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 10:56:44 AM »
One of our local Bammer radio dweebs was talking about the two commits this morning.  Talked about the Truitt commit and made sure everyone knew he was just a 3 star according to Rivals and 247.  The only thing he said about Kinnion was a sarcastic, "And Auburn got a Tommy Tuberville commitment to flip."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 04:22:53 PM »
One of our local Bammer radio dweebs was talking about the two commits this morning.  Talked about the Truitt commit and made sure everyone knew he was just a 3 star according to Rivals and 247.  The only thing he said about Kinnion was a sarcastic, "And Auburn got a Tommy Tuberville commitment to flip."

I didn't know you were in B'ham this morning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 06:37:32 PM »
I'll say this, if Coach Tommy Tuberville wanted him and if Coach Ellis Johnson & Coach Charlie Garner wants him after seeing him dominate one of their camps...I don't give a fuck how many stars he has or how many schools have offered him a scholarship, I want him at Auburn, especially if the prospect is a 6'7" DE.

As for Truitt, he's a four star on one of the recruiting sites that he didn't mention.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 06:44:24 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2013, 04:28:05 PM »
Stanton Truitt is a fast mofo.

That is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2013, 07:00:19 AM »
Stanton Truitt is a fast mofo.

That is all.
He's...

...Fast
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2013, 09:51:14 PM »
WOTS C Joshua Casher will flip to uat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2013, 05:59:02 PM »
Devaro Lawrence committed today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2013, 05:29:57 PM »
WOTS C Joshua Casher will flip to uat.
So...this sucks, no? What's his deal? Yet another Calloway/Kuodjio/Foster...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions