Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Wine Tasting: It's Junk Science

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Wine Tasting: It's Junk Science
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013, 07:46:20 PM »
That was actually me taking a shot at GH and PCT.  I like certain Scotchs.

Jameson 18 yr ain't scotch my good man. Personally, I like some scotch. But in general don't care for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2013, 09:30:29 AM »
I have a cask sitting on my bar that I regularly fill with Famous Grouse. A fine culinary delight it ain't, but it gets the job done, and I was able to get 2-for-1 on a couple handles, so I'm stocked up for a...week...at least.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2013, 09:34:09 AM »
I have a cask sitting on my bar that I regularly fill with Famous Grouse. A fine culinary delight it ain't, but it gets the job done, and I was able to get 2-for-1 on a couple handles, so I'm stocked up for a...week...at least.

Not what you want to be drinking neat. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2013, 11:03:48 AM »
Jameson 18 yr ain't scotch my good man. Personally, I like some scotch. But in general don't care for it.

Oh I know, I thought y'all were the Scotch connoisseurs of the board, no?

Love me some Jameson too.  The only whiskey other than Kentucky Bourbon is Irish Whiskey.  The rest are horrible.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2013, 11:10:21 AM »
Not what you want to be drinking neat.
I don't know what this means, but now that Google is back I learned these facts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Famous_Grouse
It has been the highest selling whisky in Scotland since 1980.
In the movie, The Iron Lady, The Famous Grouse is Margaret Thatcher's (played by Meryl Streep) choice of drink.
It also sponsored the Scotland national rugby union team from 1990 until 2007, and is now 'The Official Spirit of Scottish Rugby', making this one of the longest running sports sponsorships in the UK.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2013, 11:31:09 AM »
I don't know what this means, but now that Google is back I learned these facts.

When you order a drink "neat" it means bring it with nothing else in it including ice. 

Not claiming it has not been a popular scotch just saying it's not a very good scotch. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2013, 11:33:25 AM »
When you order a drink "neat" it means bring it with nothing else in it including ice. 

Not claiming it has not been a popular scotch just saying it's not a very good scotch.
Ah, gotcha, I agree. Like I said, I got it dirt cheap, and it'll do. I've certainly had worse, but sure as shit have had better.

I drink it on the rocks, usually with a tiny splash of water on top to lube it up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2013, 11:37:33 AM »
Ah, gotcha, I agree. Like I said, I got it dirt cheap, and it'll do. I've certainly had worse, but sure as shit have had better.

I drink it on the rocks, usually with a tiny splash of water on top to lube it up.

It'll damn sure do to give to guests that care.  Those fuckers will probably put coke in it anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2013, 11:40:05 AM »

It'll damn sure do to give to guests that care.  Those fuckers will probably put coke in it anyway.

:thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2013, 09:29:42 PM »
Taste tests are horse hockey. I'll bet you a hundred that most cannot tell the difference in some of the local crack I can buy around here and the supposedly premium stuff my cousin Larry gets in ATL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2013, 02:23:00 PM »
I can tell the difference in shitty bourbon and good bourbon. 

This man speaks the truth!

I'm not much of a wine drinker theses days, I prefer to spend my dollars on nice beer and Kentucky Gold.  I mainly drink wine with weekend dinners. Back in the PC(Pre-Children) days we would indulge in nice bottles of wine in the $20+ range, that is a rarity now. I have found that I now enjoy the $6-10 bottles from Trader Joe's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2013, 03:46:50 PM »
Oh I know, I thought y'all were the Scotch connoisseurs of the board, no?

Love me some Jameson too.  The only whiskey other than Kentucky Bourbon is Irish Whiskey.  The rest are horrible.

No sir.

Sounds like that is officially Chizad.

Me and pct were nursing off his 18 yr Jameson at the last x gate.

A little birdie was helping too. Hell we even took a shot in honor of Shane's demise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2013, 04:11:52 PM »
No sir.

A little birdie was helping too. Hell we even took a shot in honor of Shane's demise.

Will there be more available WSU game?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2013, 05:39:18 PM »
No sir.

I took a little nip off that bottle too.  Right before I left the x-gate. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2013, 04:38:25 PM »
Anyone who claims they drink alcohol for "the taste" is lying. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2013, 05:23:43 PM »
Anyone who claims they drink alcohol for "the taste" is lying.

Wrong sir.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2013, 05:29:55 PM »
Wrong sir.

Lying to themselves as well. 

It all tastes like gasoline.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2013, 05:34:30 PM »
I remember my first sip of beer.  I was 4 years old.  I had to reach up on to the kitchen counter on my tippy toes to grab that white can that said "Lite" on it.  I took a swig of it and thought it was the best thing EVAR.  Didn't touch it again until I was 15 but I loved it just as much at 15 as I did at 4.  I loved even more the "game" of keeping it from my parents.  I sucked at that game.

Even now I'm to the point where after a 2 1/2 year alcohol hiatus I am able to enjoy a glass of red wine with dinner every now and then.  I even keep my pants on! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2013, 05:36:47 PM »
Even now I'm to the point where after a 2 1/2 year alcohol hiatus I am able to enjoy a glass of red wine with dinner every now and then.  I even keep my pants on!
In all seriousness, that is good news. All hope is not lost for you having a couple of beers at an X-Gate again one day (responsibly, if you so choose that method).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2013, 09:04:46 PM »
I remember my first sip of beer.  I was 4 years old.  I had to reach up on to the kitchen counter on my tippy toes to grab that white can that said "Lite" on it.  I took a swig of it and thought it was the best thing EVAR.  Didn't touch it again until I was 15 but I loved it just as much at 15 as I did at 4.  I loved even more the "game" of keeping it from my parents.  I sucked at that game.

Not my business, but that's a dangerous path Ogre.  We "think" we can control our dragons.  That is the lie we tell ourselves.  But in truth they control us.  And they know they way to our souls. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions