Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Sign of the Apocalypse? Google Down

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Sign of the Apocalypse? Google Down
« on: July 10, 2013, 10:01:00 AM »
I can't function without it. I feel like I left the house without my watch, wedding ring, a belt, and I'm wearing two non-matching shoes.

Gmail is both my non-business primary email account, and how I communicate with most people in my life via chat. Got some stuff going on with one of the houses that I need to refer to an email about.

Also, YouTube (owned by Google) is down, so it's time to start eating parts of your own body to survive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Sign of the Apocalypse? Google Down
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 10:08:01 AM »
I can't function without it. I feel like I left the house without my watch, wedding ring, a belt, and I'm wearing two non-matching shoes.

Gmail is both my non-business primary email account, and how I communicate with most people in my life via chat. Got some stuff going on with one of the houses that I need to refer to an email about.

Also, YouTube (owned by Google) is down, so it's time to start eating parts of your own body to survive.

I just noticed that too.  Putting some Frank's Hot Sauce on my left forearm.  Frank's makes everything taste better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 10:14:42 AM »
Bing motherfucker.

Recognize.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 10:17:34 AM »
Bing motherfucker.

Recognize.

Bada-Boom Bada-Bing
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 10:25:57 AM »
Apparently, it's only affecting the SouthEast United States.

So bizarre though, because my wife said she's been chatting people on GChat all day. Other people in New Orleans.

Is anyone else able to access Google, YouTube, etc.?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 10:31:27 AM »
Is anyone else able to access Google, YouTube, etc.?

Seems to be working fine for me

maybe they are just tired of your thieving ways.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 10:32:25 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/10/tech/web/google-down/index.html

Google services down for some users
Brandon Griggs, CNN

By Brandon Griggs, CNN
updated 10:12 AM EDT, Wed July 10, 2013 | Filed under: Web
STORY HIGHLIGHTS

Google's Web services were down for some users Wednesday morning
    Reports of outages began about 9:30 a.m. ET and quickly spread on Twitter

(CNN) -- Google and related services were inaccessible to some users Wednesday morning, prompting confusion and consternation across the Web.

Reports of outages began about 9:30 a.m. ET and quickly spread on Twitter, with users asking if the problem was affecting others as well.

Among the services affected were Gmail, Google Plus, Google Drive and YouTube. According to anecdotal reports, the outages appeared to be most prevalent among users in the Southeastern U.S.

Google did not immediately comment on the problem.

"If google is down... How will I ever google "why is google down?" tweeted Adam Sullivan, in one of many similar comments.

"Oh dear God it's the end of humanity as we know. Need to go buy bread and milk.#googledown," added Rebeccah Connelly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 10:34:29 AM »
I'M BACK UP!!!!

Guess I'll go wash the war paint I smeared on my face in blood, put out this fire in my cube, and re-appropriate my tie for its intended use instead of using it as a headband.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions