Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What Gu$ Get$

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
What Gu$ Get$
« on: July 03, 2013, 03:49:38 PM »
coppagey de pasta al.kum

Auburn's Gus Malzahn will make $2.3 million per year annually as the Tigers' head football coach, but the buyout isn't nearly as lucrative as the one Gene Chizik received after winning the national championship in 2010.

Auburn released Malzahn's five-year contract on Monday afternoon, confirming the $2.3 million base salary revealed by athletics director Jay Jacobs at Malzahn's introductory press conference.

Like most coaching contracts, Malzahn's base annual compensation is divided among three areas: $500,000 in base salary, $900,000 for the assignment of personal endorsement rights and $900,000 for radio, TV and other media appearances.

If Malzahn is fired without cause before the completion of the contract, Auburn would owe the new coach $500,000 for each year remaining on his contract, except in the unlikely scenario that he would be fired without cause before the end of this year, in which case Auburn would owe Malzahn $2.3 million.

Malzahn also faces a buyout if he takes another job. If Malzahn leaves for another job before the end of his contract, the coach would owe Auburn $500,000 for each year remaining on his contract.

If Auburn were to fire Malzahn with cause, for a variety of reasons that includes NCAA misconduct, academic misconduct or other violations of his contract, Auburn would owe the coach nothing. According to clause 13.b of Malzahn's contract, the head coach can be held responsible for "all persons under his control or subject to his control or authority" if one of Malzahn's subordinates do not abide by the rules of the NCAA.

In addition to his base salary of $2.3 million, Malzahn is eligible to receive a number of performance-related bonuses, including the following:

•$25,000 if the football team's APR is higher than .930; $75,000 if the APR exceeds .950 and $150,000 if Auburn's APR is 1.000.
•$75,000 for a 10-win season; $100,000 for 11 wins; $125,000 for 12 wins; $150,000 for 13 wins; $200,000 for 14 wins. Malzahn can only receive one win-related bonus in a season
•$100,000 for playing in the SEC Championship Game; $150,000 for winning the SEC Championship.
•$100,000 for playing in a BCS bowl game next year or a college football semifinal game beginning in 2014; $150,000 for appearing in the national championship game.
•$50,000 for playing in a non-BCS bowl game.
•$100,000 for finishing the season ranked in the top five.
•$100,000 for being named SEC Coach of the Year.
•$100,000 for being named National Coach of the Year by the AFCA, AP, Walter Camp or Home Depot
•$500,000 for winning the national championship

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: What Gu$ Get$
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 03:51:50 PM »
coppagey de pasta al.kum

Auburn's Gus Malzahn will make $2.3 million per year annually as the Tigers' head football coach, but the buyout isn't nearly as lucrative as the one Gene Chizik received after winning the national championship in 2010.

Auburn released Malzahn's five-year contract on Monday afternoon, confirming the $2.3 million base salary revealed by athletics director Jay Jacobs at Malzahn's introductory press conference.

Like most coaching contracts, Malzahn's base annual compensation is divided among three areas: $500,000 in base salary, $900,000 for the assignment of personal endorsement rights and $900,000 for radio, TV and other media appearances.

If Malzahn is fired without cause before the completion of the contract, Auburn would owe the new coach $500,000 for each year remaining on his contract, except in the unlikely scenario that he would be fired without cause before the end of this year, in which case Auburn would owe Malzahn $2.3 million.

Malzahn also faces a buyout if he takes another job. If Malzahn leaves for another job before the end of his contract, the coach would owe Auburn $500,000 for each year remaining on his contract.

If Auburn were to fire Malzahn with cause, for a variety of reasons that includes NCAA misconduct, academic misconduct or other violations of his contract, Auburn would owe the coach nothing. According to clause 13.b of Malzahn's contract, the head coach can be held responsible for "all persons under his control or subject to his control or authority" if one of Malzahn's subordinates do not abide by the rules of the NCAA.

In addition to his base salary of $2.3 million, Malzahn is eligible to receive a number of performance-related bonuses, including the following:

•$25,000 if the football team's APR is higher than .930; $75,000 if the APR exceeds .950 and $150,000 if Auburn's APR is 1.000.
•$75,000 for a 10-win season; $100,000 for 11 wins; $125,000 for 12 wins; $150,000 for 13 wins; $200,000 for 14 wins. Malzahn can only receive one win-related bonus in a season
•$100,000 for playing in the SEC Championship Game; $150,000 for winning the SEC Championship.
•$100,000 for playing in a BCS bowl game next year or a college football semifinal game beginning in 2014; $150,000 for appearing in the national championship game.
•$100,000 for being named National Coach of the Year by the AFCA, AP, Walter Camp or Home Depot
Can we really afford this 500k next season, with all the buy outs and everything?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 03:55:58 PM »
coppagey de pasta al.kum

•$250,000 if Jake Holland actually makes a tackle in space.

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 04:43:08 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 04:58:01 PM »
I think the contract is pretty fair to both parties.  Fired without cause, he gets his base salary for the remainder of the agreement.  He leaves, he owes the same back.  Not astronomical in this day and age, especially at Auburn.  Here's the thing though.  This administration has a long history of doing stupid shit when it comes to renegotiating contracts.  It seems that if a corch has a good year, or wins a big game, or has a successful duck hunt....they go full tard and add all kinds of shit to his contract.  Years...base salary....buyouts....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 07:22:43 PM »
Negotiations are a lot less stressful when negotiating with other peoples money and there is little accountability.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 11:53:53 AM »
I think the contract is pretty fair to both parties.  Fired without cause, he gets his base salary for the remainder of the agreement.  He leaves, he owes the same back.  Not astronomical in this day and age, especially at Auburn.  Here's the thing though.  This administration has a long history of doing stupid shit when it comes to renegotiating contracts.  It seems that if a corch has a good year, or wins a big game, or has a successful duck hunt....they go full tard and add all kinds of shit to his contract.  Years...base salary....buyouts....
I know it will never be added to any coaching contract, but I don't understand how coaches don't have performance clauses. Oh sure, win 10 games you get a bonus but lose 10 you can't be fired, hey how about you have to at least give some money back.  This is what pisses me off about professional athletics (college coaching included) this isn't how contracts work in the real world.

You and I don't make our numbers or do our job....adios.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 04:53:51 PM »
I know it will never be added to any coaching contract, but I don't understand how coaches don't have performance clauses. Oh sure, win 10 games you get a bonus but lose 10 you can't be fired, hey how about you have to at least give some money back.  This is what pisses me off about professional athletics (college coaching included) this isn't how contracts work in the real world.

You and I don't make our numbers or do our job....adios.
You already get a great gov't assistance program as a golden parachute. Unemployment benefits and food stamps. Be thankful for what you get and don't be bitching. Yours Truly, Chiz
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions