Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Well that didn't take long....

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
Well that didn't take long....
« on: June 10, 2013, 11:57:31 PM »
Congrats Mr. Barbee, you go through more basketball players than a china man does rice.

Auburn basketball: Seagears leaves program after less than one month. Former Rutgers point guard leaving Tigers to "be closer to his family"

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/article/20130610/SPORTS0402/130610019/Auburn-basketball-Seagears-leaves-program-after-less-than-one-month
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Well that didn't take long....
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 11:06:39 AM »
More proof of the impending hammer blow.

What is it about AU basketball and the revolving door for players?  It started the day Jeff Lebo set foot on campus and has been a constant issue virtually every year since.  I wonder what might have been for AU bassetbaw had those players stayed that first year Lebo came.  6'8" Marco Killingsworth headed to Indiana where he hung about 30 on Duke one night.  I believe the guy's name was Dewayne Curtis, a 6'9" center who left for Ole Miss and started for them on some pretty decent teams.  I think there were a couple others but what Lebo was left with his first year was a team that didn't have one guy over 6'4".  Wasn't it the next year that the guard, Tony Douglas, left for FSU and last I saw, he was still in the NBA.

Anyway, it's like some 10 year nightmare that keeps getting worse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 08:54:08 AM »
More proof of the impending hammer blow.

What is it about AU basketball and the revolving door for players?  It started the day Jeff Lebo set foot on campus and has been a constant issue virtually every year since.  I wonder what might have been for AU bassetbaw had those players stayed that first year Lebo came.  6'8" Marco Killingsworth headed to Indiana where he hung about 30 on Duke one night.  I believe the guy's name was Dewayne Curtis, a 6'9" center who left for Ole Miss and started for them on some pretty decent teams.  I think there were a couple others but what Lebo was left with his first year was a team that didn't have one guy over 6'4".  Wasn't it the next year that the guard, Tony Douglas, left for FSU and last I saw, he was still in the NBA.

Anyway, it's like some 10 year nightmare that keeps getting worse.
So you are saying you aren't on the Barbee Bus?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 10:06:10 AM »
6'8" Marco Killingsworth headed to Indiana where he hung about 30 on Duke one night. 

But at least in that trade with IU, we got Al Borges.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 05:16:13 PM »
Been scoping out a few articles on AU basketball (Yes, I do have a life so you just shut up) and a few things I picked up.  Again, it's literally a roster overhaul but some of the players are saying that's a good thing.  K.T. Harrell is a transfer guard from Virginia who sat out last year.  He stopped short of naming names but basically said several of the guys weren't trying and very few got along with each other.  He said it's totally different so far.  By the way, they are actually practicing right now because they'll be headed to the Bahamas to play several exhibition games in August.

Not only is the Seagers kid gone, but so is Jordan Price, who was busting a bunch of 3's early last year before he got hurt.  It may have been posted here but I totally missed that.  Anyway, Barbee has said he went out looking for guys from winning programs who will come in here expecting to win.  One is a 5'10" guard from Georgia named Bazik Abdullah Mohammed Shamsid or some shit.  3-time State champs in Jawja and he averaged 25+ points a game. 

Also signed a couple of centers from what they described as the best prep school in America.  However, one is from Lithuania or Russia or Boogerglob Yugoslavia and doesn't have his papers in order yet.  He may be good but he's no Rob Chubb.

In an effort to beef up the schedule, they recently signed a home and home with Clemson.  That will give us Clemson, Boston College, Illinois and Iowa State on our pre-conference schedule.  BTW, Illinois is supposed to be at Phillips Arena according to one article.  Anywho, after a 9-23 record and only 3 SEC wins, this is undoubtedly Barbee's last chance to get this thing headed in the right direction.  No question they'll look different as far as personnel.  Will they be any different on the court?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 05:42:55 PM »
Added note:  Barbee has put them in the weight room big time in the off-season.  Allen Payne is up 20 pounds while the two centers on roster, Jordan Granger and Ashaun-Dixon El Amin Bin Laden have both added 15 pounds.  Shaq Johnson is up 17 pounds to 227. 

At least it looks like Barbee is trying to get this turned around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 05:56:37 PM »

At least it looks like Barbee is trying to get this turned around.
Serious question here. Does anyone think that we have a snowballs chance of him turning it around? I guess my definition would be a winning conference record and going a few games into the SEC tourney.

I'm thinking that if he can make progress this season--(and I can't say I'm optimistic), then Barbee has a decent shot. If he doesn't, the program starts over and I don't know if that's for the good.

It is nice to hear that he has them working hard. And I hope that is the case.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 12:35:14 PM »
We're young
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 12:36:14 PM »
We're young

one   game   at   a   time
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 01:53:29 PM »
We're young

We should be, there in college.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 02:09:10 PM »
If Auburn plays basketball and no fans are in attendance, do we still stink?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 02:47:46 PM »
If Auburn plays basketball and no fans are in attendance, do we still stink?
We are what we are. You must find the anwer to your question within yourself. Close your eyes. What do you hear Danielson? What do you smell?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 03:36:56 PM »
We're squirrely, and fast
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 03:47:21 PM »
We're squirrely, and fast

Ok, that will be embarrassing if they dribble out of bounds to avoid contact.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'