Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Question for Lawyers

Re: Question for Lawyers
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2013, 10:45:13 AM »
Quick summary of question.

What is your out-of-pocket for this repair?

There's a monthly fee for AHS, but let's not include that.

$75 for the service call.  AHS said they do not cover any disposal fees.  The A/C company wanted $100 for the freon and $100 for the compressor.  So $275 total. 

But all of this is now moot.  Here's the update - As he was finishing up, I called the company's office and explained to them that according to EPA's website, there were no rules and regulations regarding old compressors.  The hunk of metal was mine just like if someone replaced a water heater, a fan, the carpet, or whatever.  The old unusable junk is just that.  Junk.  Then I explained that I would not be writing them a $100 check for the compressor and if they wanted to take the new compressor back, I would gladly call AHS to explain to them why the company failed to complete the repair. 

She said, "Fine.  Just keep the damn thing." 

And that was that. 

But wait!  There's more!

The repairman then walked up laughing.  He said, "Good news and bad news."  I said, "Ok."  He said, "Your unit's not holding freon.  You need a new one.  Bad news is it's going to take about 7-10 business days for a new one to come in then we gotta schedule the appointment." 

I said, "Well at least we're getting a new unit.  I just got into it with the receptionist at your company about the compressor.  She said I could keep it.  That going to cause any problems?" 

He said, "Nah.  She can be a bit of a bitch sometimes.  Doesn't matter to me." 

I said, "Cool."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2013, 02:01:22 PM »
There's a monthly fee for AHS, but let's not include that.

$75 for the service call.  AHS said they do not cover any disposal fees.  The A/C company wanted $100 for the freon and $100 for the compressor.  So $275 total. 

But all of this is now moot.  Here's the update - As he was finishing up, I called the company's office and explained to them that according to EPA's website, there were no rules and regulations regarding old compressors.  The hunk of metal was mine just like if someone replaced a water heater, a fan, the carpet, or whatever.  The old unusable junk is just that.  Junk.  Then I explained that I would not be writing them a $100 check for the compressor and if they wanted to take the new compressor back, I would gladly call AHS to explain to them why the company failed to complete the repair. 

She said, "Fine.  Just keep the damn thing." 

And that was that. 

But wait!  There's more!

The repairman then walked up laughing.  He said, "Good news and bad news."  I said, "Ok."  He said, "Your unit's not holding freon.  You need a new one.  Bad news is it's going to take about 7-10 business days for a new one to come in then we gotta schedule the appointment." 

I said, "Well at least we're getting a new unit.  I just got into it with the receptionist at your company about the compressor.  She said I could keep it.  That going to cause any problems?" 

He said, "Nah.  She can be a bit of a bitch sometimes.  Doesn't matter to me." 

I said, "Cool."

This is the appropriate time to catch them off guard and sue the shit out of them.  I estimate your damages to probably be around $1 million.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2013, 02:37:58 PM »
This is the appropriate time to catch them off guard and sue the shit out of them.  I estimate your damages to probably be around $1 million.

90% lawyer fee?

Shit, I'd still take that deal. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2013, 02:52:04 PM »
The old compressor belongs to you. You call the shots here not him. My guess is they want it for its value whether its scrap or having it rebuilt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE