Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What would be?

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
What would be?
« on: June 04, 2013, 10:27:24 AM »
Hypothetical: What are the implications and reaction to a group called "100 White Men".

http://www.al.com/business/index.ssf/2013/06/airbus_exec_to_100_black_men_o.html#incart_flyout_business

Airbus exec to 100 Black Men of Mobile: 'We're creating a sustainable, skilled, educated and motivated workforce'

(Gallery by Bill Starling | bstarling@al.com)

Print
 By Kelli Dugan | kdugan@al.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on June 03, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Email
MOBILE, Alabama – Allan McArtor knows two things after nurturing an eight-year relationship with Mobile: Its unique spirit and enthusiasm breed success, and those enduring qualities will be key to cultivating the skilled workforce of tomorrow.

“We as mentors and teachers must tell our kids why they’re studying chemistry or history, why is it important to their lives or their families going forward,” McArtor, chairman of Airbus Americas, told attendees of the 100 Black Men of Greater Mobile’s 13th Annual Gala Monday night at the Arthur R. Outlaw Convention Center.

Although McArtor joked that lecturing the 100 on mentoring is akin to “telling Babe Ruth how to hold a baseball bat,” he said the most successful teachers and role models are those who walk into a room prepared to answer the “so what” questions, those who are able to offer the relevance students need to see the practical applications between their studies and the real world for which they’re being prepared.

And the Mobile area, he said, exhibits a collective enthusiasm anytime it rallies around a particular event, be it Mardi Gras or the announcement and subsequent groundbreaking for a $600 million aircraft assembly plant at Brookley Aeroplex.

“(Airbus) looked very carefully for an industrial home,” McArtor said, and found no shortage of good communities or “really interested” state governments, but Mobile presented the “ideal location” as well as both the business and personal hospitality the company required to commit to its first final assembly line facility on U.S. soil.

“This community won the Airbus industrial site for the U.S. This is where we planted our flag…This is where we’re going to build our facility...It’s where we’re going to expand. This is where we're going to create that commercial magnet to draw others into this economic radius,” McArtor said.

More importantly, however, the region’s commitment to workforce development mirrors Airbus’ own unyielding standards, and that mutual respect is what makes the company’s support of the 100 Black Men of Greater Mobile and its mission such a given.

“By supporting these efforts today, we’re creating a (future) sustainable, skilled, educated and motivated workforce,…and it’s you who adds stability to that process,” he told the clapping, cheering crowd.

“It’s about having a solid influence on every kid who comes through the door, so they don’t come in the door and go right back out,” McArtor said.

“This is where we’re planting something for the next generation. We - together - can create that skilled work force. (Airbus) wants to hire the best and the brightest, and we want the best and the brightest to come from this community,” he said to thunderous applause.

The 100 Black Men of Greater Mobile’s annual gala supports and raises funding for scholarships, while heightening awareness of various community initiatives.

Nationwide, the membership of the 100 Black Men of America includes professionals, educators and civic leaders of all races who seek to serve as positive role models for young people.

The Mobile chapter was the first founded in the state and it operates the Phoenix Program, an alternative school designed to provide educational opportunities for students who are at risk of dropping out of school and face expulsion or suspension.

Under the program, students are urged to stay in school and modify their behavior. Since inception, the program has helped thousands of youngsters and awarded more than $250,000 in scholarships.

Mayor Sam Jones called the 100 a “tremendous asset for the young people of our community,” while County Commissioner Connie Hudson called the gala a “celebration and reflection of another year of successful progress.”

The 100, she said, is “committed to providing positive role models and has successfully adopted a holistic approach that addresses the “social, emotional and cultural needs of our young people as well as their educational needs.”

AL.com will provide the complete list of 2013 100 Black Men of Greater Mobile Inc. scholarship and award winners on Tuesday, June 4.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: What would be?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 10:29:30 AM »
Would we get our own restrooms and water fountains?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 10:35:19 AM »
Would we get our own restrooms and water fountains?
Possibly. But old white men are the worst about pissing on the lid anyway. So, no benefit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 10:35:28 AM »
About the same as if this website had a counterpart.  http://www.blackpeoplemeet.com/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 10:53:04 AM »
Was that article from Essence, Ebony, Black Men, Uptown, Heart & Soul, Black Enterprise, Jet, Sister 2 Sister, Today's Black Woman or Pathfinders Magazine?  Just curious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 10:55:13 AM »
Was that article from Essence, Ebony, Black Men, Uptown, Heart & Soul, Black Enterprise, Jet, Sister 2 Sister, Today's Black Woman or Pathfinders Magazine?  Just curious.

O
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 11:15:41 AM »
What's so funny is the city will never go through with their education programs. It's just political. They want to turn Barton Academy into a foreign student academy instead of educating the local kids to the level needed to attains jobs at Airbus. Absent a college education, these kids don't stand a chance in hell. Councilman Richardson, the same idiot who brought about the "Moon Pie Drop", is the voice touting all of these nonexistent training programs and job fairs that are no more than resume drop-off points for people who don't know how to turn on a computer.
 :facepalm:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 12:31:44 PM »
Since inception, the program has helped thousands of youngsters and awarded more than $250,000 in scholarships.

I wonder how many of those "youngsters" were white? Hispanic? Asian? Martian?

Create the 100 white men and give less than 30% of your scholarships to black kids and see the uproar.

Our society is broken. And it is the white man's fault.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 12:39:14 PM »

Create the 100 white men and give less than 30% of your scholarships to black kids and see the uproar.

Being black from the waist down, I am able to see this from a somewhat unique perspective. Half of me says it's whitey's fault, yes, but half of me is well hung.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 02:02:33 PM »
Being black from the waist down, I am able to see this from a somewhat unique perspective. Half of me says it's whitey's fault, yes, but half of me is well hung.

You know they say those that constanly brag about having a big dick end up having the smallest one right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 02:07:31 PM »

I know you're half joking in last part but actually , it is. White politicians created affirmative action. They also created other racial policies that create this environment. It's called pandering to minorities to get a vote. Thanks LBJ.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 02:09:13 PM »
You know they say those that constanly brag about having a big richard end up having the smallest one right?
Look, who said anything about bragging? I'm not bragging about having a huge penis. As a matter of fact, I've found my loggerhead to be somewhat of a curse at times. Being long-schlonged isn't always everything that it's thought to be.

You obviously never had to endure the, "Hey, look at ole big dick" comments in the locker room as a 7th grader. Big dicked people have feelings too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 02:11:24 PM »
I know you're half joking in last part but actually , it is. White politicians created affirmative action. They also created other racial policies that create this environment. It's called pandering to minorities to get a vote. Thanks LBJ.

It was a two part indictment. The blacks blame whitey, but they really don't know why. And it is the white man's fault as you pointed out.

I don't think we will ever attain a true merit based society. Out of the many societies that have com e before us, we were the closest to attaining it. But we truly are on the downside of this country's existence.

Will the far future see us as we see historical Rome?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2013, 02:16:01 PM »
It was a two part indictment. The blacks blame whitey, but they really don't know why. And it is the white man's fault as you pointed out.

I don't think we will ever attain a true merit based society. Out of the many societies that have com e before us, we were the closest to attaining it. But we truly are on the downside of this country's existence.

Will the far future see us as we see historical Rome?
Could I get you to speak at my optimist club?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 02:30:30 PM »
Could I get you to speak at my optimist club?

You have any Jews named Wang there?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 02:51:32 PM »

I bet you were something before electricity
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 03:20:56 PM »
I'll bet you a hundred bucks you slice it into the woods.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 03:41:24 PM »
I'll bet you a hundred bucks you slice it into the woods.

Gambling at Bushwood is illegal sir.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 03:52:38 PM »
Gambling at Bushwood is illegal sir.

And I never slice
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 06:52:53 AM »

what if someone said there is a spade in that picture?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions